Horror Attractions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
has anyone ever done anything like this?

http://www.8hourslater.com/

it's an attraction where you get chased by zombies and have to make it out alive

it seems really good and looks like something I'd love to do, defo different.

Comments

• Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll stick to su doku, that's excitement enough.
  • crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    That sounds good doesn't it. I think sometimes they usually book parties of people so you'd need maybe 6 or 8 people at least to go but it's worth it I think. I'd love to do one of those murder mystery things, sometimes it's on a train or a hotel and again I think you need to book in groups but even as an outsider on my own, I think I'd enjoy going. The zombie ones do sound fun but I think they'd need to treat it as if it were real for me to really get into it. Really try and catch you and for you to try and hide for real.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I want to play that game they had in londown where you get a load of actors dressed as colonial marines and they've got to protect you from the xenomorphs..

then again, The London Dungeons looks a bit tasty...
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please

Then again, I went to pieces in the horror mazes at Thorpe Park. I don't know if something like this would be less/as/more scary than that
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work in one of these when I first left Drama School. It was Scream at Madame Tussauds, in the Chamber of Horrors.
    It was a great fun job, although more dangerous than people think. We were always getting injuries from scared tourists punching us or stabbing us with umbrellas! Some German kid stuck his finger in my eye once and scratched my eye with his nail. I've never felt such pain.

I also did The London Dungeons for a while, but as that wasn't about jump scares like scream was, we never got as many injuries. It also incorporated a small level of acting which was a plus :D:D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did the horror thing at Alton Towers last year. Was mostly people making banging noises and jumping out at you. I found most of them funny! Would prefer something which built up more tension, but I guess thats hard to do with large numbers of people moving through....
    Forum Member
    I used to work in one of these when I first left Drama School. It was Scream at Madame Tussauds, in the Chamber of Horrors.
    It was a great fun job, although more dangerous than people think. We were always getting injuries from scared tourists punching us or stabbing us with umbrellas! Some German kid stuck his finger in my eye once and scratched my eye with his nail. I've never felt such pain.

I also did The London Dungeons for a while, but as that wasn't about jump scares like scream was, we never got as many injuries. It also incorporated a small level of acting which was a plus :D:D

They were just getting into character!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dombo wrote: »
    has anyone ever done anything like this?

http://www.8hourslater.com/

it's an attraction where you get chased by zombies and have to make it out alive

it seems really good and looks like something I'd love to do, defo different.

volunteering for it sounds like it could be fun!
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Yes please

Then again, I went to pieces in the horror mazes at Thorpe Park. I don't know if something like this would be less/as/more scary than that

I'm going to do fright night at Thorpe park on Friday, when I last went a few years ago I came close to having numerous heart attacks walking through the mazes. I should feel safer going with my large 6'5 boy mate but he screams louder than me :D
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    volunteering for it sounds like it could be fun!

It'll get you out the house for a change.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I'm going to do fright night at Thorpe park on Friday, when I last went a few years ago I came close to having numerous heart attacks walking through the mazes. I should feel safer going with my large 6'5 boy mate but he screams louder than me :D

The funniest thing about the job was scaring big tough looking guys, as their girlfriends just looked on in disbelief :D

Also scaring the shit out of young kids, whose parents were adamant to let them through it, despite numerous warnings that its not suitable for under 10s.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like an awful lot of effort to get some scares, I'll stick to Ghost hunting
    Forum Member
    Seems like an awful lot of effort to get some scares, I'll stick to Ghost hunting

Part of it is getting into character and suspending your disbelief.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazybeats wrote: »

..Oh I do that when Ghost hunting, and I don't have to worry about walking around making a silly face & noise and being chased by others doing the same.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to do this. It was in Edinburgh last month. Gutted I missed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazybeats wrote: »

I think you posted this on the wrong thread ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always fancied having a go at that. They run it in Bristol too :)
    Forum Member
    ..Oh I do that when Ghost hunting, and I don't have to worry about walking around making a silly face & noise and being chased by others doing the same.

You shouldn't need to as ghosts are real.
  • NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have to go to closed off locations where the zombies are knocking around and get through it?

I wouldn't last 2 mins, I scream and collapse if a puppy chases me, let alone people dressed as zombies in a deserted shopping centre. I did laser quest once and nearly died of fright
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    Noooo, I'd never visit any of those attractions. I can watch horror films until the cows come home, but I hate the idea of people jumping out at me!! Or chasing me! Or even just giving me creepy looks :o

One time I walked past a 'haunted house' type attraction and there was a guy stood outside wearing an admittedly really naff wig and face paint, but he stared at me in a creepy way then started hopping down the street after me and growling!!! I ended up grabbing at my (hysterically laughing :mad:) dad's arm while I tried to get away from the creep and he had finger nail marks in his arm for ages afterwards :o Not my kind of thing!
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just filled out the form to volunteer to be a zombie :D
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even handle ghost trains.:o
  • McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »