Options

Classic Corrie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
Forum Member
✭✭
I roared with laughter at Deidre, her timing was great, the whole Trcey/Rob scenario was hysterical. Go Deirdre Go.

Comments

• Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is still a delusional idiot when it comes to Tracy though. "Rob is a bad influence on Tracy" pull the other one.
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was Funny as!!
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't as funny as the wedding scene on EE just now.
  • Options
    Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Dierdre has been hilarious recently, who needs Ken? I loved the way she was eyeing the trainer guy up at the Bistro! It's about time she had another affair.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dierdre has been hilarious recently, who needs Ken? I loved the way she was eyeing the trainer guy up at the Bistro! It's about time she had another affair.

Because acting like a sad old woman and a moronic 'comedy' character is brilliant. Deirdre has been reduced to nothing but a complete idiot and is embarrassing to watch. Same goes to Gail.

She has barely changed without Ken, I don't know why people keep putting him down. They have just ramped up her stupidity that's all.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dee :) does seem to like the more exoctic of gentlemen... Ahemm ;-)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deirdre is one of the best things about Corrie. I really hope they keep giving her more screen time.:cool:

Ditto Mary - there is so much they could do with her. She has immaculate comic timing and she can also break your heart. I demand more Mary! :cool:
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen tonight's yet. Were there many Roy/Hayley scenes and if so were they sad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen tonight's yet. Were there many Roy/Hayley scenes and if so were they sad?

No and No... see my new thread.. :)
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Deirdre is one of the best things about Corrie. I really hope they keep giving her more screen time.:cool:

Ditto Mary - there is so much they could do with her. She has immaculate comic timing and she can also break your heart. I demand more Mary! :cool:

Spoken by someone who gets Corrie 100%. Mary, Deirdre, Norris, Liz, Steve, Sally and Roy are the absolute heart of the show and need to be used as much as possible. Give me a funny or richly entertaining moment with them over affairs and murder and any other Corrie soap staples.

It's in those classic central characters that Corrie has a massive head-start on any other soap... including the rapidly improving EastEnders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No and No... see my new thread.. :)

Ah, I thought they went to the rovers for the last time, must have got mixed up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I thought they went to the rovers for the last time, must have got mixed up.

They did... :) Last time... :o

There wasn't much of em and not really bad scenes... :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Spoken by someone who gets Corrie 100%. Mary, Deirdre, Norris, Liz, Steve, Sally and Roy are the absolute heart of the show and need to be used as much as possible. Give me a funny or richly entertaining moment with them over affairs and murder and any other Corrie soap staples.

It's in those classic central characters that Corrie has a massive head-start on any other soap... including the rapidly improving EastEnders.

Totally agree with every word. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did... :) Last time... :o

There wasn't much of em and not really bad scenes... :)

Ohh. Were there many people drinking with them?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is still a delusional idiot when it comes to Tracy though. "Rob is a bad influence on Tracy" pull the other one.

This!
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more with this post
  • Options
    Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I agree AuntieSoap. Liz hasn't had a proper storyline since she's returned but her just being there is enough because she is a classic Corrie character like the others you mentioned. There's so much depth to these characters that I would really miss them if they left unlike some of the others (eg Sean and Izzy!)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masher29 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with this post

Just noticed your location. Didn't realise Corrie was shown in Canada. Do you get the latest episodes or are you a few months behind?:)
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the Deirdre/Rob/Tracy story. There is so much boring stuff on Corrie at the moment, tonight was like a new beginning. Hopefully the Platts and Tina, and even Hayley will soon give way to a bit more of the old Corrie humour. I think moving Rob in with Tracy and 'D' is a good move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the Deirdre/Rob/Tracy story. There is so much boring stuff on Corrie at the moment, tonight was like a new beginning. Hopefully the Platts and Tina, and even Hayley will soon give way to a bit more of the old Corrie humour. I think moving Rob in with Tracy and 'D' is a good move.

Marc Bayliss is hot and given the right storyline I think Rob could be great. Corrie are using so many characters very poorly right now:
    Tyrone, Sophie, Dev, Gail, Rita, Peter, Tina and Todd. Character transplants and drawn out, plodding nonsense
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with every word and with oldnjaded. I wish the producer would read these DS posts and take note. I think Mary is under-used but forced comedic lines are a bit off. When she was hiding behind Norris when the police were doing street questioning for something and the police officer said' Don't I know you?' and she said something like 'I haven't touched a chainsaw since that day'. That was gold . Also Norris' expression of shock/horror was well timed too.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with every word and with oldnjaded. I wish the producer would read these DS posts and take note. I think Mary is under-used but forced comedic lines are a bit off. When she was hiding behind Norris when the police were doing street questioning for something and the police officer said' Don't I know you?' and she said something like 'I haven't touched a chainsaw since that day'. That was gold . Also Norris' expression of shock/horror was well timed too.

I love Mary.
    Her explanation of why she failed a driving test was the funniest thing I saw on TV in December TBH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I love Mary.
    Her explanation of why she failed a driving test was the funniest thing I saw on TV in December TBH.

Completely agree, and Corrie are right not to over rely on her, yet they have never embraced her as a whole character. Give us more Mary, a glimpse into her backstory.

She has all the makings of a classic Corrie star yet she's sidelined for Tina and Peter and the increasingly dull and repetitive Tisley/Platt nonsense… why?

Give me character over plot please! Corrie has some really great characters on the books as it always has, but it has never misused it's assets so poorly. Corrie at it's best always revolved around characters with plot used to display the characters.

Now they've inverted the formula and it doesn't work.

They've brought Todd back and we are to believe that the genuine and honest boy that departed 10 years ago has returned as a ruthless and manipulative man. Yet there has been no examination of that at all nor have his nearest and dearest noticed this massive change. Instead viewers are now expected to accept him as the male Tracy Barlow. It's not that simple and it doesn't work.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member

I did laugh when I heard that, I think Tracyluv is a bad influence on Rob!

But of course Diredre is blinkered when it comes to Tracyluv.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree AuntieSoap. Liz hasn't had a proper storyline since she's returned but her just being there is enough because she is a classic Corrie character like the others you mentioned. There's so much depth to these characters that I would really miss them if they left unlike some of the others (eg Sean and Izzy!)

You have hit the nail on the head...