Virgin HD Channels?

I just got HD set up and wondering how you get the channels? I just read a thread saying they only do BBC HD, does that mean I cant get Sky Sports HD 1,2,3, for the football or whatever?

Also theres a Pay Per View coming up in a couple of weeks(WrestleMania 25), its not carried by Virgin, will I be able to get that in HD?

Sorry I'm being a noob, I've no idea about this stuff

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    you'll need a V+ box, and BBCHD is the only HD channel they carry, though there might be HD stuff on demand. You'd be better off with Sky HD. and Virgin will be showing WM25, just not in HD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I'm guessin Sky HD is more money isnt it :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    it used to a tenner on top of normal sky subscription, not sure if that's still the case. but if you've got an HD set up, Virgin isn't the company you should be subscribing to.
  • The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it used to a tenner on top of normal sky subscription, not sure if that's still the case.

Yep, although with the VAT adjustment, the HD Pack from Sky currently costs £9.75/month on top of your basic package.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrestlemania has a long history of being switched off halfway through by VM too.
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john_locke wrote: »
    Wrestlemania has a long history of being switched off halfway through by VM too.

I think you are putting too much faith in VM by saying it gets switched off halfway through, try after the first two minutes and you might be on the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    john_locke wrote: »

I've heard about that. Last year it worked fine for me, it was the three PPV after it that just didnt come on. Jugdement day, Great american bash and Night of champions I think they were.

Anyway I've canceled V+ and getting Sky, but still have to wait 30 day so I wont be getting Wrestlemania in HD this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    and you have another new hd channel to watch from 1st next month
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    It is amazing that people don't seem to realise VM has only one HD channel.
    Nothing against you Sylva, I mean generally surely thats a major marketing point thats not really being followed through. Or if it is it's not working very well as so many people don't seem to realise this is the case.
    I know theres been the reduced sky+ box ads but I've not heard or seen anything 'big' ridiculing Virgin for having only 1 HD channel (not HD on-demand content but actual channels, thats something Virgin can't dent)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meakinsue wrote: »
    and you have another new hd channel to watch from 1st next month

On VM? What channel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JL wrote: »
    On VM? What channel?

I think the poster was was talking about Nat Geo Wild HD that launches on Sky HD on the 1st April.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JL wrote: »
    On VM? What channel?

He said new HD channel launching.

That rules out VM.

:D:D