Would you say anything or express your views if you met a looter in the future?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people on here wouldn't say two words to them in real life. People like me would because i do speak my mind but then again i don't have a problem with the rioters, i would have preffered it if they didn't wreck their own communities and instead went for those in power but i can understand why they did it. The country is in a depression. Desperate times call for desperate measures. But the people on here? They're harmless. They wouldn't say nothing in real life.

Haha mr over 7,000 posts "people on here wouldn't say two words to them" - so does that not include yourself :rolleyes::D

To be honest it would depend on who it was for me, if it was one of the little c**ts who used to play their music without headphones on the train who would spit on the floor and stab you soon as look at you then no I wouldn't risk my safety.

If I found out a family member, friend or met someone at a party who I found out had been a rioter and looter then I would cut them out of my life. I don't associate with people like that
  • Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would ask them what they thought they would get out of it? I would tell them stealing from owner occupiers or individuals is a crime which should be punished in the courts and if you take from corporations it isn't as bad in my eyes, but its a fools game. And if you get caught you are an idiot.

I would tell them to get a political conscience - a genuine left wing one - and work hard to avoid being a statistic of failure. The system needs failures, it needs 5-7pc of workers to be unemployed to suppress wages at any given moment.

Rioters who get caught are a joy for the system and the people at the top of it, next time try and go for them instead and not some blokes' off licence on the high street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swinetown wrote: »
    A 15 year old boy raped a girl, i think she was 12, maybe 13, he is in LA care now.

Except it had nothing to do with the riots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/15/daily-mail-alleged-rape-riots-police

Even so, there are no excuses for what he has allegedly did. However, this being DS, I'm pretty sure someone will be along to do just that.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people on here wouldn't say two words to them in real life. People like me would because i do speak my mind but then again i don't have a problem with the rioters, i would have preffered it if they didn't wreck their own communities and instead went for those in power but i can understand why they did it. The country is in a depression. Desperate times call for desperate measures. But the people on here? They're harmless. They wouldn't say nothing in real life.

Would you still be saying that if they had attacked your house and burned it to the ground?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except it had nothing to do with the riots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/15/daily-mail-alleged-rape-riots-police

Even so, there are no excuses for what he has allegedly did. However, this being DS, I'm pretty sure someone will be along to do just that.

The plot thickens, stories changing everyday, the media are always. stirring things up, i watch the news and they seem dissapointed when nothing kicks off, ie BBC news 24. Thanks for the link.:)