Linda (Ee) - over acting

2»

Comments

• DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very fake and over rehearsed. Linda, not Kellie Bright who is doing a great job at portraying a woman who is clearly obsessed with keeping up appearances.

She flips when the rehearsal is disrupted - Shirley and Nancy are usually the instigators in this and that's why she takes it out on them. And that's why finding out her son's gay has broken her down.

She's a perfectionist and she's awful at it. So she compensates with that OTT performance.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie Bright is probably the strongest actress in the family lol
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    Some fm's thought Jake and Sadie were brought in too slowly, so the show can't win sometimes.
    Jake and Sadie were introduced about 6 months before we discovered they were married, and during those 6 months they had about 5 minutes of screen time overall. If that's not slow then I don't know what is.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Totally disagree, I think she is a legend in the making. Really good casting imo
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge EE fan but have seen more of it lately due to my other half watching it in the same room as me! I don't actually mind the Carters, but I find Linda really annoying. I'm not sure if it's her character, OTT acting or just those rollers solidly attached to her head at the beginning of each eppy, but she really bugs me....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Sausage surprise!
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Kellie Bright is the best of the new actors.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Normal soap over acting. Almost all of them do it. I don't see that she is any different.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great, I like her.
  • kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie Bright is a real actress, unlike most of the EE cast. I had the fortune if seeing her perform Shakespeare at The Globe years ago. Sometimes stage actors can be a bit hammy on tv as they're used to having to exaggerate. I still think she's the best one out of the Carters.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I will give her a bit of time but not liking her nor Nancy. Will they get those god awful clothes off Nancy as well that see her looking like a basketball player; that just adds to the annoyance