Michelle Branch - Goodbye To You

musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERmgwWfnoI

Re discovered this and forgot what a fantastic song it is.

Any fans of this song?

Michelle branch in general is a fantastic underated female artist.

Comments

• CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Great song, I remember it being used at the end of an episode of Buffy years ago. :)

I always did kinda like Michelle Branch, shame she seemed to pack in the solo stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE that track!!! Fabulous!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coen wrote: »
    Great song, I remember it being used at the end of an episode of Buffy years ago. :)

I always did kinda like Michelle Branch, shame she seemed to pack in the solo stuff.

Snap, that's when I first heard it.

Have you listened to any of The Wreckers' stuff?
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this song but i do prefer her other one All I Wanted.

That song is just fantastic.
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Snap, that's when I first heard it.

Have you listened to any of The Wreckers' stuff?

I've heard some stuff The Wreckers but it's all a bit too country for me. Much prefer her solo stuff - The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper were both great albums.
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »
    Love this song but i do prefer her other one All I Wanted.

That song is just fantastic.

All I Wanted is probably my favourite track by her as well. I'm just giving it a sneaky listen now actually!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coen wrote: »
    I've heard some stuff The Wreckers but it's all a bit too country for me. Much prefer her solo stuff - The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper were both great albums.

All I Wanted is probably my favourite track by her as well. I'm just giving it a sneaky listen now actually!

I like the country edge. Stand Still, Look Pretty is an awesome album IMO.

Snap :D
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely underrated. I prefer her solo folky and rock stuff as well. Her country stuff is fine, if you like country which I don't!
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to her twitter in her next album she's going away from country back to Branch circa 2002.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that song, and I love her. I prefered her first album but the second was great too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of (if not my favourite) song of all time. Very emotional and always reminds me of Buffy.

I've missed her since she went off and did the country thing, but I'm still a fan I just hope she returns to doing this sort of music eventually.
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    According to her twitter in her next album she's going away from country back to Branch circa 2002.

That's good to hear, I'll have to look out for her next album in that case!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of Laguna Beach, was used in a finale, I think the year LC left Laguna for college, V emotional!
  • fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her song 'All I Wanted' randomly turned up on my ipod a while ago when I was adding songs and it is now one of my favourite songs and this one is even better. She's amazing.
  • Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Randomly was just today looking up some Michelle Branch on iTunes! Downloaded 'Everything comes and goes' which was apparently released earlier this year, would be great to see a new album - loved Spirit Room & Hotel Paper
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute classic!!
    The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper are two awesome awesome albums.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I think i may check out The spirit room again. I never ever got round to buying it
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Michelle Branch :) All You Wanted and Are You Happy Now definitely favourites of mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I LOVED this song when I was about 15, had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane OP :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a294776/michelle-branch-returning-to-pop-music.html

I think returning to pop music is a good idea, it's more Michelle than country ever was. Really happy about this.