Save Glenda!! Eastenders.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
Forum Member
Somebody Please Explain Why Shes Going?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why she is leaving but I want her to come back already!
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect she thoroughly peed off with the atrocious scriptwriting. Don`t know why she debased herself to join EE.
  • MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope she'll be back. She's one of those characters that's so easy to watch and like despite her drawbacks. I for one will really miss her. I also thought she was very funny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    and me. shes been used and set up :/
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been one of the better characters lately, want her to stay
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    BK all over. Ditch all the characters with potential and keep Phil and Billy Mitchell, who go round in circles for decades.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Glenda to stay. Phil is great but Billy can go......
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BK all over. Ditch all the characters with potential and keep Phil and Billy Mitchell, who go round in circles for decades.

You forgot to add Ian :p
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if she was being pushed away because of the affairs as she deserves all she can get there. However she doesn't deserve because of Phil's & Ronnie's schemes and deceit.

I find her an interesting character because she is quite paradoxical. I also like the fact she can be a bitch, comic and tragic all at the same time. Most of the time she just offers light relief.

If she really has gone for good then I don't see the point of why she has been there for the last 6 months. She should of gone after it came out she knew something about Archie's abuse of Ronnie - but even how much she knew was ambiguous

I am hoping what is written at the very bottom of this page http://www.glynisbarber.com/biography.html means it isn't for good.

At the very least she deserves 1 episode to wrap up the loose ends with Roxy and Ronnie.

Hopefully
    when Ronnie goes on the run she will go to her mother for help, realising that she was the only person who truly knew more was going on and that her Mum had tried to help her.
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I'd love Glenda to return, there is so much more to the character than what we have seen so far - she's so interesting imo.
    Poor excuse having her go like this, but mehopes she will return. :D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she will be back soon :)
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has not been a reason as far as I can see. Her contract was up and either she decided or BK decided not to renew it.

I still think she will pop up to help Ronnie post baby swap reveal and leave together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaneKent wrote: »

Hopefully
    when Ronnie goes on the run she will go to her mother for help, realising that she was the only person who truly knew more was going on and that her Mum had tried to help her.

Well if this spoiler is true, I hope Glenda tells her where to go. Or even better, offer her help, but only after Ronnie has begged for ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    Well if this spoiler is true, I hope Glenda tells her where to go. Or even better, offer her help, but only after Ronnie has begged for ages.

So its OK for Glenda to have walked out on her abused daughter when they were vunerable but its not OK for Ronnie to not believe she stole Roxy's money? :confused:
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    So its OK for Glenda to have walked out on her abused daughter when they were vunerable but its not OK for Ronnie to not believe she stole Roxy's money? :confused:

Honestly. And it's worse what Glenda did because she is the parent not the daughter, it's the parents job to protect not the other way around. Not that I'm saying that gives children a free pass to be horrible to their parents though - not referring to any particular situation.

I'm sympathetic to both Ronnie and Glenda in different ways, why do some people want to make everything some sort of contest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At least she didn't dump her dead body on somebody else ;)
  • SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be the only one who is looking forward to her leaving, never took to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she didn't dump her dead body on somebody else ;)

no she just left her daughters at the mercy of a rapist ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no she just left her daughters at the mercy of a rapist ;)

ok I take your point, so I wont argue further :)

But I will add that Glenda was probably scared to death of Archie and there is a high chance that he played with her mind too. So yes glenda was weak and left, but perhaps it was the only thing she felt she could do at the time. Also, Ronnie never talked to her as a child, and Glenda isn't your average "motherly" mum who shares your problems and comforts you, she strikes me as more of a mum that was often too busy painting nails - but to me this ia a psychological disorder, ie this selfishness to the extreme. So shouldn't Glenda be excused from it then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok I take your point, so I wont argue further :)

But I will add that Glenda was probably scared to death of Archie and there is a high chance that he played with her mind too. So yes glenda was weak and left, but perhaps it was the only thing she felt she could do at the time. Also, Ronnie never talked to her as a child, and Glenda isn't your average "motherly" mum who shares your problems and comforts you, she strikes me as more of a mum that was often too busy painting nails - but to me this ia a psychological disorder, ie this selfishness to the extreme. So shouldn't Glenda be excused from it then?

Ronnie didn't 'talk' to Glenda when she was child? Yeah most kids spend 13 years mutter yes or no answers to their parents right?

It was said Ronnie didn't 'talk' to Glenda after Archie started abusing her because - like a lot of girls would - she shrivelled up inside and Glenda noticed and was unsure of what to make of it so she also 'backed off' from her daughter. Ronnie said she remembered Glenda not touching her anymore or hugging her. Hardly Ronnie's fault. However it's not true they didn't talk. It's also been said when Ronnie was 'older' 13/14 she 'loyal' to her mother and allowed her mother to 'talk' to her as a friend.

Yes Glenda has serious issues, was walking out on her kids wrong - absolutely. Do I think she was 'well' no, I don't. It's hardly something you'd section someone over though.

I don't know why you have this assumption anyone who argues Ronnie's illness is somehow against all the other characters? The abbot was simply pointing out that it works both ways.
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Glenda back. I really enjoy the character and there is a lot they can do with her. I think she would have been really crucial in the reveal. But hopefully she will return.
    Charlie Slater was meant to have left for good. He even got Julia's theme not so long ago. And before you know it, he is back again for a few episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Daran Little mucked up continunity with that line about Ronnie "not talking" to Glenda
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Daran Little mucked up continunity with that line about Ronnie "not talking" to Glenda

You'll have to remind me of that one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    I don't know why you have this assumption anyone who argues Ronnie's illness is somehow against all the other characters? The abbot was simply pointing out that it works both ways.

No I don't have that assumption, so I'd rather you didn't label me with it. However it is true that most people on EE that clearly have some kind of mental illness, don't get the sympathetic treatment Ronnie gets. You can't deny this.