Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may not be up to him, but others guiding his career.

What those at CAN forget is Peter EMPLOYS THEM not the other way round.. He pays their wages..and if they don't have the compassion to support whatever decision he makes regarding his personal life .. Then shame on them..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just going to add my "2penith worth" also
    I haven't read anyone bashing Andre over cancelling his shows or the fact the dates have been rescheduled .. Just a few comments ( mine included) wondering IF it maybe to quick to return to being on stage after such a tragic event in his life. We are all speculating his brother is near death .. But I haven't read anywhere that he is and I'm hoping for Andrews sake the one story ( someone on here says its been in paper) was an exaggeration of his condition
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's true what the sun are saying, Andrew was given two days to live
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's true what the sun are saying, Andrew was given two days to live

How sad if true... But it is the scum...not a paper I trust ..
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the first episode, here is the synopsis and no it is not nasty before anyone starts:

Princess appears to be pretending to make a phone call, Junior made a comment about his dad showing off, "Stop showing off," he said. Gloria the housekeeper has cute shoes apparently and Princess is being praised for how gorgeous she is. This is all happening before he leaves to go and launch another coffee shop and claims he has a five star rating for health and hygiene, not Michelin stars then.

Before leaving the house Junior again makes a remark about his dad showing off, Peter was talking about how they were going to meet people at the launch and hopefully there will be lots of people there and Junior says, "And hopefully you'll show off," asked why he kept saying that and if it was true, Junior replies, "yes."

In the car Junior says his dad has been acting strange because he's in love with Emily and wants to marry her, he is told, "Thanks, you've completely killed it for me."

Princess says, "you are just boyfriend and girlfriend like you're friends," Peter agrees, then Junior says, "no, no," Peter tells Junior to stop confusing Princess.

At the coffee shop he gets a peck on the cheek by some women and the press want to know about his relationship, but he refuses to discuss it, gently placing his hand on the reporter's arm, saying, "I hope you don't mind, but I'm not going to go into that today,"

Later the Police arrive as the crowd has got larger and they don't want the people spilling out onto the road, so he asks his staff to make the officer a flat white coffee before he leaves, on the way from the coffee shop Andre remarks, "That was crazy, it's great to be back." Back where?

Pete hasn't seen Emily for two weeks and they are about to be reunited, He says he has dated a lot the last few years but didn't have a relationship and now he's in one he can't stop smiling, it's really nice apparently, but before he meets her at 5pm he has to go into Heart FM for a meeting.

While inside the radio station, a crowd of fans have gathered outside, but it's ok Emily has slipped passed the crowd to see her beloved. He asks if the people outside are there to see him and she says yes, he then takes her outside to say hello to his fans because he thinks it's rude not to, blows them kisses and then gets in a taxi with Emily.

In the cab they are comparing tans she says she missed him and he responds that he missed her too. He asks if she has had a good time and how her mum and dad are, she says they're good. Peter then states that he and Emily have decided to do a five day rule, because they can't not see each other for more than five days.

"Everything is perfect, everything is really good right now," he claims

Emily tells us that she eats Alpen with sliced banana with full fat milk three times a day, it's apparently her Uni diet. Peter asks, "aren't cereals bad for you though?" she replies, "no, cereals good for you," All cereals are not good for you most are full of carbs.

They then go and walk the two dogs they are holding hands but she keeps letting go of his hand to run her fingers through her hair, he's talking about she wasn't interested as she was in a relationship when they first met, she says that Peter likes aliens and he doesn't know where his kidneys are, sometimes she sounds quite condescending, he also doesn't look comfortable and he keeps having to reach out for her hand to hold as she keeps letting go and forgetting to re-link after messing with her hair.

Emily is leaving after a romantic weekend together and asks if she should put her case in the car, Peter insists he will do it then looks around complaining that the place is a pigsty, because of kids making a mess, kids clothes everywhere, bed messed up, then he spots a red bra on the floor and looks embarrassed, apparently we don't want to see that.

He claims that the place is normally tidy but Gloria the housekeeper is away for two days.

Emily has now gone off, Peter said "I love you," she looked at him funny so he back tracked and said, "I love you being around is what I meant to say,"

Back at home he is praising Emily and claims he is not going to be like he was last series which was - in his words - like a dog on heat.

Peter has a new coffee machine and talks to it in baby talk and then says it's his bitch, he then burns himself on it. Gemma - someone who works for CANN - is there getting impatient about him being late again, she also was going on about his time keeping at the coffee shop earlier in the episode because he was late.

Peter has now walked outside with his coffee to sit with his brother Andrew, I am purposely not mentioning Andrew throughout this BTW, but this time I will, it appears that Peter is keeping Gemma waiting because he wants to spend some time with his brother.

Eventually he gets in the car on his way to make a personal appearance at an exhibition called "The Girl's Day Out." in the back of the car, Gemma recalls, "Last time we went there you were surrounded by women and you was in heaven," she continues, "Pete used to like it, but now he's got Emily at home," Peter begins to smile.

Peter is doing some ironing, or pretending to do some ironing, he puts on a mock German accent to say, "Vee are in Manchester," but has no idea why he just used a mock German accent, he's going to meet up with his friend Carl. Peter says he hasn't seen him in years and it had better be flipping nice and friendly.

Oh it's his road manager and he's waiting outside getting annoyed, "I'll give him 5 minutes, first day back and all, can't start riding his horse," EH?????

Peter is still in his dressing gown admiring the room he is staying in and confesses that he walked around three times naked because it made him feel like a King in a palace. He says he then sat down on a chair naked, but then he started thinking that someone else may have sat naked on that chair and that he didn't know what they were doing, so he went and sat on another chair, but he put a towel on that one, because he'd learnt his lesson from the orange chair, phew!

Peter then asks, "where's Carl?" obviously Carl hasn't told him he's outside moaning, Carl says, "I haven't seen him for 3 weeks, and the text messages haven't been coming through as fast as they normally would, just because you get a girlfriend, doesn't mean you have to stop texting your pals,"

Peter is now dressed and is spraying himself with a fragrance, putting far too much all over his clothes, he then steps outside to Carl, "You know when you used to come out of hotels to thousands of fans? It's gone dude," Peter says, "It's called relationships," Carl says, "No bollocks, It has nothing to do with relationships," Peter replies

Peter is on the phone, "hello?" but Carl is stressing to him that they are late, Peter gives Carl a hug "Hold on one second Magda I'm going to have to call you back in one minute, " Carl complains, "this is a bit uncomfortable," Peter asks how Carl is calling him brother then says, "What a beautiful day, I'm just waiting to see if anyone notices me, like back in the day,"

A man walks past, turns around, but carries on walking Peter says, "Nothing, look! It's all gone man, just standing here waiting for a cuddle from someone," He then spots a lady and says, "Hiya!" she just carries on walking, "Nothing, hello!"

"You over actor, get in the car, hasbeen," Carl says, Peter is now on his way to the exhibition.

The event is going to have thousands of women attending and Peter is about to have a tour of the venue. He walks around saying hello to everyone who he passes, he is still thinking no one notices him, "no one, nothing."

A girl rushes up asking for his picture, she says she loves him and takes her nana to his concerts. Peter pumps the air, "Yes!" then he asks, "hang on did you say you take your nana to my concerts?" the girl says yes, "Thank you, it's really nice to know nan loves me, how about that!"

Peter is now meeting and greeting fans, lots of hugs, one girl is in tears and Peter says, "I don't know if you're happy or upset," the fan is very nervous and is in awe of him, she says she can smell him (well all that fragrance he sprayed over himself) Peter says she's lovely gives her a couple of little kisses on the hair and she replies, "so are you"

Two women with hair extensions and all that have now made a beeline for Peter, "Oh here come the glamour girls," then references the rest of them (camera focusing on a large lady) "Not that you aren't all glamour girls" The "glamour girls" are now trying to lift up his t-shirt, "You can't look but you can feel, is it still good for forty? " Peter asks. "Yes," they reply they prod his stomach while he grips the hemline of his t-shirt so they can't pull it up, what is he hiding?

Peter then asks Carl to leave just for one minute, Carl says he is not coming back, but Peter has done this all for Carl, he turns to his fans and exclaims, "Carl's feeling very insecure at the moment, he's feeling very left out and he hasn't got a girlfriend which he should have he's feeling very left out, so when he comes back in, whoever's up for it and I know you two are," Looking at the two "glamour girls"

The girls think he wants to pimp them out so he has to put them straight, "No, no, I didn't mean IT! I meant up for a challenge, sorry, sorry"

Outside the room somewhere Carl is doing his mock moaning, "I have never been kicked out of a room before, it's my first day back and he kicks me out of the room," then he starts laughing

Back with Peter, "when he comes back in, let him settle and then at some point can you all just give him some love," he gestures a hug. "Just sort of jump on him, make it fun, he'll love it"

The girls give him a hug when he returns to the room.

The exhibition hall is now packed with women waiting to see Peter, there is a male dance group on dancing to Footloose, Peter and Carl are having fun backstage dancing and miming to the song, some people are stood by with their faces in a clipboard not looking impressed.

Out on stage Peter is asked what his biggest achievement in life is, "I don't care if nothing else happens in my life, having kids is the greatest moment of my life, I'm going to have more, I want to be a father of six"

"With anyone here, or?" This is met by cheers from his fans

"How many days have I got?" Peter asks

There is laughter then the interview is over.

Peter is reflecting that things are different now he's with Emily, saying he was single last time he went to that exhibition, possibly hinting that a bit of flirting went on.

Peter is on an emergency call out, apparently he's having to rush to the coffee shop because all of the staff apart from one is sick, so he and Carl are going to replace them, it's not a very large shop, probably about 10-15 people in it, but Peter gets stuck in and one lady says she always watches his show so he gives her a hug, then Emily, Magda, Princess and Junior arrive.

Junior explains that he has done his singing lessons and he will sing in the car, Peter doesn't appear to acknowledge him and instead gives Princess a hug.

Princess has a kazoo which she is playing with, she has informed Emily that the first person to say ssshh is out of the game and starts blowing it, this noise is twisting Carl's melon.

Princess is playing with Emily's hair and Emily carries her out to the car. Princess wants Emily to sit with her, Peter asks, "Don't you want daddy?" Princess replies, "Yes but not more than Emily,"

In the car Princess says, "you do love my mum, but you love Emily more,"

Junior pipes in, "Yes you love Emily more,"

Princess says, "Ok you love them the same,"

Junior says, "he doesn't want to marry mum, he wants to marry Emily, "

Princess: "No, they are just friends,"

Peter is cringing and saying he wants to have a heart attack

Back at home Peter is cooking for a full house, roast lamb, broccoli, sweet potatoes.Dinner goes well, Princess seems to love Emily and Peter says their relationship is going at a slow pace which it should, Emily appears to be sleeping in Princess' room and Princess called her back to go to sleep, Peter's happy that his kids like Emily and that's the end of the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    But NIcola, there wasn't any bashing in the post you took expection to, quoted below. All Scone did was question how someone would be emotionally fit enough to embark on a series of concerts so soon after a bereavement. Seems to me you choose to see criticism in it when, ironically, all it was was a demonstration of exactly what's being discussed here ie. how varied bereavement coping strategies are - with Scone just being an example of someone who wouldn't be able to contemplate what PA is planning.

There was a bit, I mentioned the crap songs
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that scone.:)

You've had a bit of undeserved bashing and I'm glad it hasn't put you off posting.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.
    I think that the main problem in a thread like this,is that some people (perhaps understandably) find it difficult to differentiate between Peter Andre the orange fame-whoring twonk and Peter Andre the bloke.
    As I said before,I loathe Peter Andre,so if I suddenly started being nice about him because a member of his family is seriously ill , I would look like a hypocrite.
    However, that doesn't mean that I can't sympathise with what he and his family are going through - as one human being to another.
    I think that the difficulty for some of the posters here is that they are basing their opinions on PA's previous behaviour.
    He HAS used his brother's illness as part of his tv programme and he HAS given interviews about how his brother's illness has affected HIM.
    I think that some posters are questioning the wisdom of PA rescheduling his concerts when he doesn't yet know whether he will be in a fit state to perform.
    PA has always struck me as a fairly emotionally fragile person and I think that he may well find that he needs way more time off than he thinks he does.
    I hope that he at least has the sense to make the next few days,weeks and months about his brother and NOT about himself.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    There was a bit, I mentioned the crap songs

'Crap songs' isn't bashing. It's stating an opinion. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.
    I think that the main problem in a thread like this,is that some people (perhaps understandably) find it difficult to differentiate between Peter Andre the orange fame-whoring twonk and Peter Andre the bloke.
    As I said before,I loathe Peter Andre,so if I suddenly started being nice about him because a member of his family is seriously ill , I would look like a hypocrite.
    However, that doesn't mean that I can't sympathise with what he and his family are going through - as one human being to another.
    I think that the difficulty for some of the posters here is that they are basing their opinions on PA's previous behaviour.
    He HAS used his brother's illness as part of his tv programme and he HAS given interviews about how his brother's illness
    has affected HIM.
    I think that some posters are questioning the wisdom of PA rescheduling his concerts when he doesn't yet know whether he will be in a fit state to perform.
    PA has always struck me as a fairly emotionally fragile person and I think that he may well find that he needs way more time
    off than he thinks he does.
    I hope that he at least has the sense to make the next few days,weeks and months about his brother and NOT about himself.
    A very good post and I agree with it all.. I also feel the same as you .. I'm no fan of his but wouldn't wish this sad situation on him or his family
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.
    He HAS used his brother's illness as part of his tv programme and he HAS given interviews about how his brother's illness has affected HIM.
    PA has always struck me as a fairly emotionally fragile person and I think that he may well find that he needs way more time off than he thinks he does.

Totally, and I'd just add that it's unreasonable and unrealistic to expect people who don't like anything about the way he carries on to suddenly do an about take and ignore how he has capitalised so much over the past couple of years on things that should never have been used for entertainment. Live by the sword etc.

It's a horribly sad outcome for Andrew but quite frankly, I shouldn't even know who Andrew is or anything about his illness and chapter and verse of what he's been going through. But I do, and it's really sad and I feel nothing but sympathy for him and all his family, PA included, despite the above.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    The point is..regardless of finances people deal with bereavement differently. Some people feel the need to return to some kind of normality as soon as possible.

It doesn't mean they care any less for the person they have lost.

I didn't say they did care any less did I? Just making a point that people with money can sometimes have more choices and don't have to return to *normality* asap if they choose not to whereas most regular Joes don't have that option.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Totally, and I'd just add that it's unreasonable and unrealistic to expect people who don't like anything about the way he carries on to suddenly do an about take and ignore how he has capitalised so much over the past couple of years on things that should never have been used for entertainment. Live by the sword etc.

It's a horribly sad outcome for Andrew but quite frankly, I shouldn't even know who Andrew is or anything about his illness and chapter and verse of what he's been going through. But I do, and it's really sad and I feel nothing but sympathy for him and all his family, PA included, despite the above.

Absolutely Lexi. Nothing that has happened is going to change peoples opinion on PA the *celebrity*. However, PA the man is someone going through a very hard time at the moment and, as a compassionate human being, I can have every sympathy with him and his family.
    I lost a friend to cancer aged just 39 and I'm sure most of us have experience of how this hideous disease affects not just those closest but spreads grief out to a wide circle of people.

I just hope Andrew doesn't suffer too much and that those around him can find peace and grieve in their own way
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to add my "2penith worth" also
    I haven't read anyone bashing Andre over cancelling his shows or the fact the dates have been rescheduled .. Just a few comments ( mine included) wondering IF it maybe to quick to return to being on stage after such a tragic event in his life. We are all speculating his brother is near death .. But I haven't read anywhere that he is and I'm hoping for Andrews sake the one story ( someone on here says its been in paper) was an exaggeration of his condition

Personally, when both my sisters died, I tried to carry on as usual and went back to my job as a teacher straight away. however I had a breakdown later after both their deaths. They were both young.So who is to say how each person reacts to a death of someone close to you?
    PA strikes me as a sensitive guy who loves his brother very much.I actually don't like him as a celebrity, he is too cheesy. And loves himself too much,but what he is going through now must be awful for him and, he will decide himself when he is ready to work again.
    As long as when he does, he does not keep talking about Andrew and dedicating songs to him.This is just my opinion, so don't all shout at me!
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Personally, when both my sisters died, I tried to carry on as usual and went back to my job as a teacher straight away. however I had a breakdown later after both their deaths. They were both young.So who is to say how each person reacts to a death of someone close to you?
    PA strikes me as a sensitive guy who loves his brother very much.I actually don't like him as a celebrity, he is too cheesy. And loves himself too much,but what he is going through now must be awful for him and, he will decide himself when he is ready to work again.
    As long as when he does, he does not keep talking about Andrew and dedicating songs to him.This is just my opinion, so don't all shout at me!

NO-ONE will shout at you (well,maybe you might get a bit of a ribbing if you say that you think that PA is the greatest singer in the history of humankind :o)
    You are absolutely right though. It is impossible to pre-judge how someone will react in this kind of situation until it happens.
    It is a bit unfortunate that in PA's case,he has brought virtually all of the mockery he receives upon himself.
    I don't think that anyone here feels that he doesn't deserve sympathy,because he clearly does.
    The problem for many people seems to be that they are reserving the sympathy they have because they are anticipating that PA will somehow capitalise on his brother's illness (as he has already) by making the whole thing about himself and how it affects him.

@lexi
    Totally agree with you - we shouldn't really even know about Andrew Andre,let alone intimate details about his medical condition.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Scone for the reviewage.

Interesting to see that Peter describes himself on the last series as "being like a dog on heat" and vowing not to be like that again.

This was the reason I find him sleazy. He came across as lecherous and inappropriate in his last series and it was really repulsive to watch. Really glad he's seen sense.

Interesting to read that Princess is so into Emily she wants her to sit next to her, prompting the permanently insecure (IMO) Pete to quickly ask, "Don't you want Daddy?", like it's some sort of Who-Do-You-Love-The-Most competition.

LOL-ing at the fact that Emily was more interested in sorting out her hair than holding hands with Peter and that when he said, "I love you", she looked at him strangely. All sounds ever so slightly one sided to me.;)

There is an interview with him in Now magazine this week where he denies he is going to propose to St Emily at New Year, incidentally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »

Why would I shout at you? And you point about him deciding for himself is exactly what I've been saying...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I feel this is upsetting Peter a lot and you can see it in his face. Andrew has a lot of support on twitter so I hear and its good that his family is remainng positive. It is also telling that he appears to keep CANn waiting to check in with his brother or Magda, Andrews wife. That's what I deduced anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, I feel I have missed the boat on this a little but I did read the ongoing thread a while ago last time it was on and just :D:D:D especially the reviewage.

So, with the return of "My Life" now imminent - I've just seen the trailer and it's 9pm next Wednesday on ITV2 - please feel free to comment here on everything to do with the abomination that is Andre and some more reviewage from Lexi would be fantastic :D

He's no abomination IMO. In fact, there's been too much of a Pete drought for me. I'm glad he's back. Bring him on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely Lexi. Nothing that has happened is going to change peoples opinion on PA the *celebrity*. However, PA the man is someone going through a very hard time at the moment and, as a compassionate human being, I can have every sympathy with him and his family.
    I lost a friend to cancer aged just 39 and I'm sure most of us have experience of how this hideous disease affects not just those closest but spreads grief out to a wide circle of people.

I just hope Andrew doesn't suffer too much and that those around him can find peace and grieve in their own way

I've been away, so I'm guessing there's been bad news about Andrew, which is very sad. Someone said they wouldn't normally know anything about Andrew, but you would as the papers always get hold of things about people who are in the public eye, even when it 'only' involves family members. So you would know, but you probably wouldn't know as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Lots of 'celebrities' return to work after the death of a loved one!! :rolleyes:

Like I said, most people return to 'normal' life not long after the funeral, it does NOT mean they are no longer grieving.

How much money a person has is irrelevant!!

I agree. I took a month off work when I lost a very close family member as I wouldn't have been able to have coped if I'd gone any earlier. After that period though, I found work very therapeutic. I had less time to sit around and indulge myself in my sorrow.

So I hope for the best for Andrew and that Pete and his family can find some kind of peace through this sad time.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola.

You have had a lot of undeserved bashing and I hope it does put you off posting ;)

"Whatever" :)
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad if true... But it is the scum...not a paper I trust ..

I have heard it from a credible source, put it that way

Pete made the decision himself to cancel, and lets see what happens with the jan dates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard it from a credible source, put it that way

Pete made the decision himself to cancel, and lets see what happens with the jan dates.

Cyril

I'd rather take your word than that rag... Peter was right to cancel and I'm sure his fans back him 100% in that decision
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are tweeting RIP messages on Twitter, how sickening.

Really hope Andrew hasn't died :(