Can somebody explain what is good about Barks and Melononsense?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello

There are children up and down the country in schools from primary to secondary who have acts like this in school talent shows.

What is special about these guys? Where exactly is the talent that makes them stand out from thousands of children who do performances at school every year?

For some reason they are liked but it seems that is obviously related to them being lauded by Simon Cowell and nobody wants to go against Simon Cowell, God forbid.

Generally a dreadful act but I would like to here a constructive estimation as to what makes them stand out as talented. What are they doing that is unique?

It's nice they have the opportunity to perform and they performed but with the publicity, horridly un-necessary publicity they've recieved and the backing it's unfair to other people who have spent decades on their talent.

Thank You.

Comments

• Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    Hello

There are children up and down the country in schools from primary to secondary who have acts like this in school talent shows.

What is special about these guys? Where exactly is the talent that makes them stand out from thousands of children who do performances at school every year?

For some reason they are liked but it seems that is obviously related to them being lauded by Simon Cowell and nobody wants to go against Simon Cowell, God forbid.

Generally a dreadful act but I would like to here a constructive estimation as to what makes them stand out as talented. What are they doing that is unique?

It's nice they have the opportunity to perform and they performed but with the publicity, horridly un-necessary publicity they've recieved and the backing it's unfair to other people who have spent decades on their talent.

Thank You.

Agree 100% I just don't understand their popularity, they both have very little talent and all I can assume is that it's because they are Simon Cowell's golden buzzer act. Why were they appearing on an American talk show it's just ridiculous:confused:
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Remember Gabz from last years BGT final?

No?

Exactly. :D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they dedicated their song to someone who died, like Puff Daddy did with the song before. So it's bound to strike an emotional resonance with voters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Agree 100% I just don't understand their popularity, they both have very little talent and all I can assume is that it's because they are Simon Cowell's golden buzzer act. Why were they appearing on an American talk show it's just ridiculous:confused:

I'm very suspicious that two lads as young as they are would even know who Ellen DeGeneres is.
    When they had a quick chat with with Ant and Dec before the vote result announcements one of them actually said that she is a very special person.
    It sounded like a response you'd expect from some celebrity who's had some media training from their people.

I'm sorry but something just doesn't ring true for me with that at all.
    I just don't think it's that likely that lads that young would even know who Ellen Degeneres is, let alone be big fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Better them than posh bird lettice.
  • savetheplanetsavetheplanet Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I really hope that somebody explains why these two were on an American chat show.

Was it pure co-incidence? My ar*e as a Royle might say.

So why were these two given the privilege over all other BGT acts to go over there before they had even been on the semi-final?
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,261
    Forum Member
    Kablamo wrote: »
    Hello

Thank You.

I don't see the appeal either. Of the acts that have gone through to the final so far, they're the one I like least... I'd sooner vote for the French drag act that went through last night than those two untalented brats.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the appeal either. Of the acts that have gone through to the final so far, they're the one I like least... I'd sooner vote for the French drag act that went through last night than those two untalented brats.

In what way are they brats. It seems a common trend that every child acts are brats on this forum
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Well they dedicated their song to someone who died, like Puff Daddy did with the song before. So it's bound to strike an emotional resonance with voters.

Was it their hamster?
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it their hamster?

Was that a joke....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope that somebody explains why these two were on an American chat show.

So why were these two given the privilege over all other BGT acts to go over there before they had even been on the semi-final?

What, you mean that they've already been on that chat show?
    I didn't know.
    I thought that when they were told that they had good luck messages from Ellen, that it was just some nonsense about her watching BGT.
    I didn't know that these kids had actually been on her chat show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's hardly a level playing field is it?
    It's as though now in 2014 Simon Cowell feels that he doesn't even need to bother with any sort of pretense that this is a fair competition.

After all why should he? The show still gets lots of viewers, and in his mind the ratings performance will be the justification for whatever he does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I also fail to understand why they were allowed to perform on the Ellen Show... but they were put together by the same guy who put together Triple J (now Union J)... if that makes any difference at all?

However, I do think they are very good and have a strong teenage fanbase on social media already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I think they are overated the little one is really annoying and the older one had a good voice at the audition but he didn't sound good at all today. I think it's because they have the 'cute' factor, and because the younger one was bullied. Also they went on Ellen because their audition went viral on youtube?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Remember Gabz from last years BGT final?

No?

Exactly. :D

I do now. Where is she now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It reminds me of The Simpsons sketch where Homer hears an advert that goes something like "Are you some guy?" and he replies "Huh?! I'm some guy!".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better them than posh bird lettice.

She can sing better than them and obviously play the violin better than them, plus, her personality isn't manufactured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was because he was bullied, maybe. I was bullied. I never got to see Ellen. I just crawled in a ball and cried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think I would vote for the French Drag act too but I thought they lacked talent as well. Not sure how dancing in high heels is worthy of great talent. Been seeing that on Strictly and Cinema for decades.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way are they brats. It seems a common trend that every child acts are brats on this forum

On the basis of having a sense of entitlement and people being around to tell them they're entitled.

When you're young you're entitled to have respect for your elders not run around you telling you, you're brilliant. Respect comes from your actions.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    They are bloody awful!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. Can't help. :(
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm the reason why they appeared on an American talk show is because the American talk show can have whatever guests they want, independant of a British TV show.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    rawr12345 wrote: »
    I think they are overated the little one is really annoying and the older one had a good voice at the audition but he didn't sound good at all today. I think it's because they have the 'cute' factor, and because the younger one was bullied. Also they went on Ellen because their audition went viral on youtube?

In fairness though, Darcy, Paddy and a couple of others went equally viral, its because they're kids, I hope to some extent that the young lad with the guitar splits their vote enough so they're not a shoe in winner :/
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are amateurish - but then I can't stand most child performers. They are through because they have been given key spots in the running order, fake standing ovations, lots of help, and endless promotion. I would much rather Light Balance went through and at least Lettice can actually play well under all that personality.