Options

Has the DS X-factor forum slowed down or is their a lack of interest in discussing?

2»

Comments

• Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel indifferent to it all this year. There's a few acts I like, but I don't feel passionate about them like I did in past years, so I don't really feel the need to post about them etc. The judges are OK this year, but they haven't created any memorable moments to talk about. There have been no shock exits or surprise results to shake things up so far. So all in all, it's been underwhelming so far.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    And I think Melanie McCabe would probably have won the girls' category. All three girls that were put through seem to have struggled in the opening weeks.

I think this is the real ruination of this forum. Melanie bloody McCabe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bumping this thread to say that the forum seems to have perked up a bit of late. I can only put it down to the absence of a certain poster or down to the loss of Abi. Either way win-win.
  • Options
    cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Just bumping this thread to say that the forum seems to have perked up a bit of late. I can only put it down to the absence of a certain poster or down to the loss of Abi. Either way win-win.

It's a relief isn't it! How long the respite will last is anyone's guess though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a relief isn't it! How long the respite will last is anyone's guess though.

Well we spoke too soon if you look on the the other threads. Oh well was blessed respite, no matter how brief.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, who?

I think the general slowness of the forum is as much to do with the tiredness of the same old arguments as it is the show. I'm bored of some posters 'campaigning' for their favourites and dismissing reasons other people perhaps don't like those contestants, for instance.

Level headed discussion can be fun, but it often seems as if people get their favourites early on, and then just fit their discussion around those favourites. I'm as guilty of that as anyone, but moving goalposts just become frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Oh, who?

I think the general slowness of the forum is as much to do with the tiredness of the same old arguments as it is the show. I'm bored of some posters 'campaigning' for their favourites and dismissing reasons other people perhaps don't like those contestants, for instance.

Level headed discussion can be fun, but it often seems as if people get their favourites early on, and then just fit their discussion around those favourites. I'm as guilty of that as anyone, but moving goalposts just become frustrating.

No names but a certain lack of "antagonistic" threads may give you a clue.

Its hard on a show such as this not have fans and uber fans dismissing opinions. Its what the show calls for. As much as it is a competition about the artist it is also about popularity or notoriety. I like robust discussion but there is so much of tendency to go into defensive mode if you like certain acts and see threads attacking them.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No names but a certain lack of "antagonistic" threads may give you a clue.

Its hard on a show such as this not have fans and uber fans dismissing opinions. Its what the show calls for. As much as it is a competition about the artist it is also about popularity or notoriety. I like robust discussion but there is so much of tendency to go into defensive mode if you like certain acts and see threads attacking them.

Oh, I tend to not click on obviously antagonistic threads more often then not I guess, so not sure who would be responsible.

I get the fans/uber fans thing, and it can be fun in small doses, but it also gets repetitive very quickly.

Case in point - the thread currently declaring Sam B the obvious winner. I like Sam B to an extent, but that sort of aggressive hyperbole tends to put me off the contestants they're supposed to be promoting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Oh, I tend to not click on obviously antagonistic threads more often then not I guess, so not sure who would be responsible.

I get the fans/uber fans thing, and it can be fun in small doses, but it also gets repetitive very quickly.

Case in point - the thread currently declaring Sam B the obvious winner. I like Sam B to an extent, but that sort of aggressive hyperbole tends to put me off the contestants they're supposed to be promoting.

Maybe the word antagonistic is bit vague. Let me try the word provocateur that might be a better clue.

I agree with you on the Sam B thread however but those kind of threads are also very common place on Saturday night when the show is one. I stay out and deliberately look for something that calls for some robust discussion.