Shayne Ward's career has been DESTROYED!! and he will FLOP!

1235»

Comments

• Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup.....
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flop flop flop. Not even heard the song in full anywhere yet.

So i dont think he will even get a top 40 hit with this.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

looking at the date of the previous post on this thread i would have expected more venting after it being pent up for all this time ;-)
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But he is now acting in the biggest soap in the uk. ( topless too, last night)😉
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so sad what has happened to his music career. He had so much potential. I hate it when on the XF people come out with crap like "look how many acts Simon has given careers too". More like 15 minutes of fame. The man has been doing what he is doing for years now but nobody on his label has been signed long term and shown longevity. He hasn't signed any act/artist and actually developed them. The people that seem to have been on his label the longest and still are, are Olly Murs and Ill Divo, and neither of them have exactly been signed for a long time.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They billed him as the British Justin Timberlake on the show!
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayne is doing great in corrie though
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shayne is doing great in corrie though

It's a far cry from being told he was the next Justin Timberlake and would have a huge career in music. He was shafted by Cowell.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a mixture of things I think - being followed by Leona (taking all Simon's attention/priority)...leaving it too long between album and single releases...plus didn't he tour overseas a lot, so the fans in the UK didn't see him that much?

At least he is on TV every week now, and is establishing himself in musical theatre too.

He's come off better over all than Leon, who had the monumental task of following Leona...
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »

Well yes we had the next/British Justin Timberlake/Mariah Carey and Beyoncé and where are they all now?

They had their 15 minutes of fame. At least he's got himself a job on corrie, Alexandra is doing theatre work and Leona is able to release albums for pleasure even if they aren't selling anything. They all get something out of the show.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »

But we didn't need a British Timberlake as we had the actual one and he was far, far superior to some bloke on a reality tv show
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    He was shafted by Cowell.

Which is what launched Sinitta's career.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    But we didn't need a British Timberlake as we had the actual one and he was far, far superior to some bloke on a reality tv show

And therein lies XF/Cowell's fundamental problem imo. They're always trying to funnel them down some path towards becoming 'the new something other' or 'the British Big-Name-American-Star' whether it sits well with the acts or not (and it's almost always the latter).

It robs the contestants of the opportunity to develop naturally during the show and maybe bring something original or individual to the table. Then they get saddled with the collective memory of them prancing unconvincingly to the 20 millionth version of Billie Jean.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never a fan (his defense of his father who was in prison for raping an OAP left a bad taste in my mouth), but I was surprised that Cowell seemed to lose interest so quickly. I remember reading on another forum the catalyst was that neither Colombia or Epic would give him a US deal.

The problem with a lot of Syco acts is that they are variations of already successful artists. One example is how they marketed Leona Lewis as the new Mariah / Whitney. I'm also convinced that Fifth Harmony and Little Mix are a result of Cowell's hangup that he never had a successful girl band.