So Katie got the least votes then

Comments

• goldiefangoldiefan Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    urt31 wrote: »
    Because of course if it went to deadlock we wouldn't then have a multitude of threads moaning that the judges roles are made redundant anytime that happens.

Totally agree, People moan when it goes to deadlock, and when it doesn't, they still complain.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elouis wrote: »
    This show is a freaking farce.

Why not just let it go to deadlock?

Because IMO i dont think it would have changed.
    Katie was BETTER. Nuff Said.

Would have looked worse if FYD were better, they went to deadlock and Katie would have stayed.

eg. Jedward VS Lucie was the worst deadlock ever.

Imagine how angry you would be more so if Louis took it to deadlock and you found out Katie wasnt in the Bottom 2, just in the bottom 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I dislike her as a person but she sang better in the sing off, plus I hate it when they let it go to deadlock, seems such a cop out.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chezza cant sing and look how successful she is.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least the nations sweet heart has been sent a message tonight.
    Very true.
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it beyond the realms of possibility that Louis actually picked the artist that sang their song better ?

Putting the personality aside. Katie was the better act in the final showdown.

I agree, people just like to complain when things don't go their way - everything must be a fix (granted most of the time it is fixed though ;))
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing people are overreacting a tad. Maybe they would saved her cos they wanted to see her again. FYD were rubbish.
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    goldiefan wrote: »
    Totally agree, People moan when it goes to deadlock, and when it doesn't, they still complain.

Then the simple answer is to remove the judges vote and that addresses all issues of unfairness and corruption.

The judges have done their bit in the selection of these acts now it should be down to the public without manipulation. Then the public get what they deserve if they end up with someone crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the nations sweet heart has been sent a message tonight.

I wanted Ms Cole to be sent a message, she is not my sweetheart and I really hope both her and Katie realise that its not all about them. Katie should never have been put throught to the finals END OF..she was given a bad song. I wish it had gone to deadlock. Really thought Louis was going to get rid of her....
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    She probably did come 15th - only beating nicolo - and when we see the figures probably by a fraction of a percent!

That said - Katie, along with Cheryl and Simon have been given a wake up call by the voters.

Its clear that while the decision to put Cher through to the lives when she couldn't perform because of genuine illness was understandable, the inclusion of the awful Katie was a big mistake, and Katie is the one who will pay for it with low votes for the next few weeks. Even Simon seems to say 3rd appearance in the bottom 2 is an automatic out.

Katie herself doesn't seem that likeable a character either. I am well aware that the programme is edited to show us what the PTB want us to see, but the interviews she has filmed outside the show her as arrogant and cocky.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had to laff, simons face when he realised his groups are not all that, and katies face when she realised shes on her way to nowhere.
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    She probably did come 15th - only beating nicolo - and when we see the figures probably by a fraction of a percent!

That said - Katie, along with Cheryl and Simon have been given a wake up call by the voters.

Its clear that while the decision to put Cher through to the lives when she couldn't perform because of genuine illness was understandable, the inclusion of the awful Katie was a big mistake, and Katie is the one who will pay for it with low votes for the next few weeks. Even Simon seems to say 3rd appearance in the bottom 2 is an automatic out.

Katie herself doesn't seem that likeable a character either. I am well aware that the programme is edited to show us what the PTB want us to see, but the interviews she has filmed outside the show her as arrogant and cocky.

The best thing of ALL is that Katie may now be realising her career is OVER! The Cowell/Weasel strategy of using X Factor to create a platform to launch her career has massively backfired - instead she is a laughing stock/hate figure who will disappear immediately into obscurity. Cowell looked very concerned when she was in the bottom 3. VERY CONCERNED. Go the British public! Complete the mess by forcing her elimination next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie performed far better vocally in the sing off so if the judges vote is to count for anything then it was right Katie was saved.

I actually liked her for the first time after that because she proved she can sing & there was no BS.

Her performance on Saturday was a joke.

I don't think the public are buying into the funny costumes, big performances etc and the "quirky" personalities.

Best reception was for Mary who just went on stage & sang with no crap going on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes well next Feb/March when they publish the voting figures
    ALL WILL BE REVEALED

because if Katie was bottom expect a backlash
  • Anonymous2009Anonymous2009 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    ballyclark wrote: »
    Katie performed far better vocally in the sing off so if the judges vote is to count for anything then it was right Katie was saved.

I actually liked her for the first time after that because she proved she can sing & there was no BS.

Her performance on Saturday was a joke.

I don't think the public are buying into the funny costumes, big performances etc and the "quirky" personalities.

Best reception was for Mary who just went on stage & sang with no crap going on.

Spot on! I am not a fan of her voice, but FYD were terrible in the sing off. I was really gutted as I quite liked them. Fairs Fair though, Katie was the better in the sing off and quite deservably went through. Personally, I really can't see her improving any more though. Her voice was pushed to its limits with 'Don't let me down'. Plus they will try and go back to the quirky and wierd character come next weeks live show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    goldiefan wrote: »

this. this and this.

at last the judges were there for a reason. I applaud Louis (for once!) for actually having some backbone.
  • Anonymous2009Anonymous2009 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »
    ALL WILL BE REVEALED

I doubt there will be a backlash. People won't remember Katie come Feb/March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rickyjune wrote: »
    ALL WILL BE REVEALED

they publish the votes immediately after the final and Nicolo was bottom which is why he went straight away last night. I am not sure there will be a backlash regardless in 2 months time.

How many people are going to look at week1 phone votes & go oh Katie was bottom!
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    ballyclark wrote: »

How many people are going to look at week1 phone votes & go oh Katie was bottom!

Considering the level of hatred she gets on here there probably are quite a few posters who would revel in doing this :rolleyes: especially if she stays in the show for quite some time - which hopefully she will :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she chose a song where the words didn't vary much. Less chance of slipping up.

But she did slip up big time yet that was overlooked FYD didn't mess up that bad TBH
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LDN wrote: »
    Louis should have made it go to deadlock if he didn't like either FYD or Katie

Why? What is the point of the last 2 having a sing off then? The idea is they compete to see who can win the judges round. FYD were worse than Katie and rightly got sent home on the strength of their final song. Otherwise they might as well get rid of the Sunday show and announce the results in a 5 min update before the news on Sunday night.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    FYD were not brilliant in the sing-off, but I thought Katie was far worse. Don't Let Me Down is a great song, but she just doesn't have the voice for it. Louis was dead right when he described her as 'style over substance'. That's a song that requires substance.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    How do we know for sure that Katie got less votes than FYD. :confused:

The bookies odds didn't exactly get the bottom acts right, but they didn't seem to think that Katie was in any immediate danger. I personally think she did get more votes than FYD, just because she's more controversial/memorable.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we know for sure that Katie got less votes than FYD. :confused:

The bookies odds didn't exactly get the bottom acts right, but they didn't seem to think that Katie was in any immediate danger. I personally think she did get more votes than FYD, just because she's more controversial/memorable.

No way of knowing until the figures are published but the premis seems to be that the judges wanted to save Katie. If it had gone to deadlock and Katie has the least votes she would have been out and FYD saved. Therefore they could not let it go to deadlock and thus the judges had to vote out FYD themselves.

IMO, and it is only IMO, Katie did get the least votes between herself and FYD but is much more marketable in the press for the next week weeks so she had to stay. As others come to the fore, she will ultimately be expendable. However she may be in danger if she is in the bottom three again if Simon decides to cut his losses and the negative publicity is not worth it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Judging Panel,

You let me down
    You let me down
    You let me down
    You let me down

Sorry, I've forgotten what else I wanted to say.