Options

Dance War start date announced.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
Forum Member
✭✭
Dance War, hosted by Drew Lachey (winner of DWTS season 2) and judged by Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Toniolo starts on January 7th in the USA.

No word on if it will be shown over here, but I doubt it.

Comments

• Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite like Bruno's bank balance at the moment......I can be dramatic and make OTT comments too! :D

Drew made for a good presenter when Samantha was on Maternity Leave, so might watch a few clips when it starts, thanks for the post. :)

I'm sure the contestants will have more talent than the dismal flops on our version. :o
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Article re Dance Wars

Dance War Duels
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed by the premiere of Dance War. They spent the whole show on the auditions, and they didn't even say which team each of the finalists is on. The dancing was okay, the singing was bad, and I just didn't care about any of it. I won't watch the second episode.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it either, what I saw of it. The celebs are really the pulling factor for me (SCD/DWTS.) I've never watched American Idol or any other reality show besides SCD/DWTS, actually. Oh wait, The Super Nanny. I like that one. And the British ladies who go clean up everybody's house and give them a good dressing down about their mess.

Oh well, I did try because I love Bruno, but just zzzzzzzzzzzz. Just go to any local college's plays and musicals - better than that junk. And I don't think any of the guys were cute, which is a big mistake.

I was also sort of appalled by the narcissism of a couple of the losers. That worries me about this country. Why can't anybody say "I didn't do too well"? Sometimes you're rubbish. It's probably good for the national psyche to show people getting slated. Oh well, jmho - I'll crawl back under my rock now. And wait for the next DWTS/SCD!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here it is if anyone's interested:

Week 1 Part 1

Week 1 Part 2

Week 1 Part 3

Week 1 Part 4

Week 1 Part 5

Week 1 Part 6

Thanks to Dance4Fun22
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really disappointed by the premiere of Dance War. They spent the whole show on the auditions, and they didn't even say which team each of the finalists is on. The dancing was okay, the singing was bad, and I just didn't care about any of it. I won't watch the second episode.

I must admit I didn't bother with it much here either. The only point of interest in retrospect was Derek Hough being Bruno's choreographer, and it was his work that won Bruno's Team the Final IMO. The Winning Group's single barely made the charts, and overall it was a flop in the ratings. I'm surprised it transferred to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I didn't like it either, what I saw of it. The celebs are really the pulling factor for me (SCD/DWTS.) I've never watched American Idol or any other reality show besides SCD/DWTS, actually. Oh wait, The Super Nanny. I like that one. And the British ladies who go clean up everybody's house and give them a good dressing down about their mess.

LOL! I watch those too! :o You may be interested to know that the Scottish one of the cleaning ladies, Aggie MacKenzie, is a contestant on the 3rd season of Dancing on Ice with Torvill & Dean starting this Sunday evening. I can recommend that one too of the reality shows, and the clips are usually provided by maltipom on youtube. :cool:
    We have a few talented Americans amongst the skating pros. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the bump, but is anyone watching Dance War? I think it's great! I was annoyed last week when Bruno kicked off Charity rather than Kelsey (sp?) because I think that Charity did a better job in their sing-off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit of useless info!!!! - Zach is Julianne Hough's ex fiance
  • Options
    Sari~Sari~ Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the bump, but is anyone watching Dance War? I think it's great! I was annoyed last week when Bruno kicked off Charity rather than Kelsey (sp?) because I think that Charity did a better job in their sing-off.

I watched the first two weeks, but stopped after that. It just didn't keep my attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Sari~ wrote: »
    I watched the first two weeks, but stopped after that. It just didn't keep my attention.

Aw, you stopped watching just before it got good. I think they should have started the show with the teams already picked so that they would get to work together longer, because now that it's been a couple weeks and they are really fighting for their spot they are getting better. The first two weeks was mostly auditions, and I think we've all seen enough bad audition tapes (ugh, reminds me of those pepto bismol commercials).
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it shown in UK?

I didn't like the British version - not enough talent to make it interesting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not so far. We have to rely on YouTube, but I daresay it'll get shown eventually just because Bruno is one of the judges.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Not so far. We have to rely on YouTube, but I daresay it'll get shown eventually just because Bruno is one of the judges.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.