Desperate Housewives question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching the boxset- out of the four housewives, who was closest to whom? I always had the impression Gabby and Bree were closest. Susan seems to be the one everyone would get pissed off with the most.

Comments

• RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can really say to be honest. That's what was so brilliant. They all had equally close connections.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Susan and Edie ;)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moose1982 wrote: »
    Just watching the boxset- out of the four housewives, who was closest to whom? I always had the impression Gabby and Bree were closest. Susan seems to be the one everyone would get pissed off with the most.[/QUOTE]

It's weird you say that, because in real life, the actresses did not get on with Teri Hatcher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, quite blatantly as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another question- was Art in season 3 actually a paedophile or did he just say that to get to lynette? I take it he was but there was some debate as to whether he was or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another question- was Art in season 3 actually a paedophile or did he just say that to get to lynette? I take it he was but there was some debate as to whether he was or not.

Considering what was covered on his wall, i would say he very likely was
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Just watching the boxset- out of the four housewives, who was closest to whom? I always had the impression Gabby and Bree were closest. Susan seems to be the one everyone would get pissed off with the most.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this the other day as I am rewatching it recently.

I think they were all equally close which like another user said was fantastic. Edie and Katherine never really fitted in that group. But I think that was the whole intention.

I always wondered what Mary Alice's role was within that group.

It's weird you say that, because in real life, the actresses did not get on with Teri Hatcher.

How do you know that? What were the rumours? I thought Nicolette Sheridan was the trouble one?
    Considering what was covered on his wall, i would say he very likely was

I think he certainly was. They never did revisit that and I remember being horrified that she could do nothing about it. That sort of powerlessness must be so frustrating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the show had it's wrap party after filming the last episode, Marcia, Felicity and Eva got together and did some sort of present for Mark Cherry and didn't include Teri. Even the guy who played Mike Delfino said this was true

Plus on the season 8 dvd, there is a featurette about the end of the show and Felicity said she would really miss Marcia and Eva, but never said she would miss Teri.

Nicollette Sheridan was no problem on Desperate Housewives. They were all gutted when she got the axe. She had problems with the creator but apart from that, most of the cast hailed her as a delight to work with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, Teri was also a nightmare to work with on Superman as well.
    Forum Member
    Really! Wouldn't notice it on screen!

Why did Cherry and Sheridan fall out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nWo 2013 wrote: »
    Really! Wouldn't notice it on screen!

Why did Cherry and Sheridan fall out?

Some way that Cherry couldn't see past the character of Edie on Sheridan. The woman in desperate housewives are all based on women from his childhood and Edie was based on a not very nice woman from his childhood

Also, he was meant to have assaulted when explaining to her how she should of acted out a scene, and then when she tried to do something about it, he fired her for no reason. Although he claims he let her go for budget reasons. She took it to court but failed. Shameful thing is, she's done naff all since leaving Housewives.
    Forum Member
    So he treated her like Edie even though she wasn't?

Wow, did the other cast dislike her and Teri?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he treated her like Edie even though she wasn't?

Wow, did the other cast dislike her and Teri?

When Sheridan departed, most of the cast said they were sad to see her go and said she was a delight to work with. Especially Eva and Felicity.
    Forum Member
    What did they say about Teri, thanks for all this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have never really commented on her
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought the Teri Hatcher thing was a bit overplayed. The other three were clearly a lot closer, but I don't believe that that necessarily meant they had a problem with TH, they just weren't great friends with her.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I always thought the Teri Hatcher thing was a bit overplayed. The other three were clearly a lot closer, but I don't believe that that necessarily meant they had a problem with TH, they just weren't great friends with her.

I agree

The woman who played Mrs McKlusky gave an interview shortly before she died and said Teri was friendly towards her but hinted towards the other women being stand-offish (not because it was her, but just in general)
    Forum Member
    So they had a little group that she wasn't basically apart of?
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iirc Nicolette Sheridan auditioned for and wanted to play Susan's part
    and Dana Delaney was originally offered Bree's role but turned it down ;)
    Forum Member
    Wow why did she decide to join later?
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow why did she decide to join later?

because her subsequent shows flopped while DH which she had turned down was flying high ;)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree

The woman who played Mrs McKlusky gave an interview shortly before she died and said Teri was friendly towards her but hinted towards the other women being stand-offish (not because it was her, but just in general)

Off topic.

She wasn't one of the main cast members, but Karen McCluskey was by far my favourite resident of Wisteria Lane. :cool::cool:

..............................................................................

As for Teri Hatcher - I have heard the rumours too, but they're only rumours, I have never heard any body come right out and say she was not easy to work with or they did not like her.
    Forum Member
    I was sad she died in real life.

Edie just died, gutted. I love watching this show.

I think fast forwarding 5 years was a great move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion, there was nothing really bad about them not being close to Hatcher

You work with people and some of them you are best friends and some you are not. There was something similar in Sex and the city. Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrell do not get on either, and neither did Betty White and Bea Arthur in The Golden Girls.
    Forum Member
    I suppose our work and their work is just the same really isn't it, you just forget because they are famous.