Over-enthusiastic TV (and radio) studio audiences

JustastrayJustastray Posts: 97
Forum Member
For very many years now I've harboured very strong suspicions that certain people are deliberately placed in TV and radio audiences to whoop and wail over-enthusiastically for the purposes of enhancing the overall feel of the programmes.

The first time I encountered this was on Top of The Pops in the mid 70's, and the phenomena took root from those times on, and has plagued and marred the airwaves ever since.

I don't have a TV, so it's not really a huge problem that I have to put up with, but I'm hearing it more and more on radio now, and even Radio 4 programmes here seen the plague creep in and fester there like the nasty virus it is.

All this is patently totally false, and the perpetrators probably have very little interest in the programmes and just see it as their 'thing' in life to get their 'whoops' in situ there, and most likely listen back to the recordings later to identify and assess their individual and corporate ingressions.

Is it not time this nonsense was ended, and shouldn't we be left to make our own decisions about the quality of the programmes without this hysterical nonsense on every show?

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably best that this isn't posted in a Eurovision forum - we're not known for being a reserved audience ;)