DS Fantasy Eurovision 81: Become an explorer in Andorra (la Vella)!

Comments

• ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Yes, Happy Birthday Chick! :)

Thank you! :)

Alongside the first four entries I post tonight, I'll be announcing part one of exploring Andorra's history. I'm sure you're all excited. ;)
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Chicken! :) Not sure if you said it, but what day should we expect our good countries?

So far there's only one song I've found that I'd be happy sending in for my 'bad' country, but I'm pretty sure it would crash out in the QFs. Hoping to find something else.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I've been having fun researching my 'bad' country. Now I just need to view the wiki and the inevitable heartbreak when I discover all my ideas have been used before. :p

Happy Birthday CFK. :)
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    mikabv wrote: »
    Happy birthday Chicken! :) Not sure if you said it, but what day should we expect our good countries?

I think Thursday, after the sign up deadline ( I know, too far :(:p )

Oh and Happy Birthday mr Host!
    Forum Member

So far there's only one song I've found that I'd be happy sending in for my 'bad' country, but I'm pretty sure it would crash out in the QFs. Hoping to find something else.

Thank you! :) As Greek said, you'll be getting your good countries on Thursday, which is why I gave you your bad countries early so you can have fun with those until you get your good ones.

I hope your fortunes in exploring improve! :)
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I've been having fun researching my 'bad' country. Now I just need to view the wiki and the inevitable heartbreak when I discover all my ideas have been used before. :p

Happy Birthday CFK. :)

I'm glad your exploring endeavours have been fun, that's what we're going for in Andorra. ;) Hopefully at least one song you like is available!

And thank you! :)
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I think Thursday, after the sign up deadline ( I know, too far (removed smilies because of the dumb limit )

Oh and Happy Birthday mr Host!

That is correct!

And thank you (again)! :)

Now at 19 sign ups, got just over 20 minutes until you can officially send your entries! Since I'm making the recaps this edition (I've learnt how to make them with videos and shapes!!!! Revolutionary, I know.), if you would like a specific timeslot for your entry, please let me know in that PM since I'm hoping to get each country done quite quickly so I can get the recap actually done. :p
    Forum Member
    You can now send your entries! As of 35 minutes ago... :p

The timeslot is 30 seconds if you're wanting to send me a timeslot. I've got a couple of entries, will do some reveals as soon as I've got 4.
    Forum Member
    Are you ready to hear the first four entries of DSFE 81? Well, you're in luck!

01. Iceland (Kaleo - Way Down We Go)
    Since their win in Tehran, Iceland haven't had the best of fortunes in DSFE - only reaching the final three times and finishing in last two of those times. Looking to change these poor fortunes are rock band Kaleo, with a song that has featured in adverts, trailers and shows all over the place, as well as topping the US Alt chart. It goes without saying that "Way Down We Go" has achieved commercial success for DSFE standards, but will it achieve success in Andorra?

02. Israel (Lee Triffon - Different Sun)
    It's now been five editions since Israel last made it out of the quarter finals, where they finished 10th in the final in Pisa. While the name Lee Triffon may not be familiar to you, you may recognise her voice, as she competed in Aberdeen under the name Kokoro, where she finished 17th. Can this piece of indie electropop achieve a similar result, or even further?

03. Lebanon (twenty one pilots - House of Gold)
    It's not been a great year for Lebanon. They have only reached the final once, and finished 24th when they did, back in Pisa. However, this edition, they have decided to exploit their ancestry links and send a little known group called twenty one pilots. This particular track, "House of Gold", was released back in 2013, but will that make a difference when you come to vote for it?

04. Lithuania (Camille - Coco)
    The previous six finalists from Lithuania have all been in English, and the Baltic nation are hoping this trend continues, as they have sent another song in English, this time from Vilnius-based Camille. A newcomer to DSFE, will Camille have some beginner's luck with "Coco" and reach a fourth final of 2016 for Lithuania?

Full List of Songs:
    01. Iceland (Kaleo - Way Down We Go)
    02. Israel (Lee Triffon - Different Sun)
    03. Lebanon (twenty one pilots - House of Gold)
    04. Lithuania (Camille - Coco)
    Forum Member
    Wow, Chick is putting a lot of time in this.
    Forum Member
    Wow, Chick is putting a lot of time in this.

I don't know if/when I'm going to get to host again, so I want to make this as good as possible. :blush::D
  • Lurker62Lurker62 Posts: 3,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna send twenty one pilots too if I ever get Lebanon.

Also, I got a terrible bad country. I thought chick will be good to me after giving him 12 points last contest. :cry:
    Just kidding. :p yeah, I'm struggling with this one and Olympics is not helping either.
    Forum Member
    Lurker62 wrote: »
    I was gonna send twenty one pilots too if I ever get Lebanon.

Also, I got a terrible bad country. I thought chick will be good to me after giving him 12 points last contest. :cry: Just kidding. :p yeah, I'm struggling with this one and Olympics is not helping either.

Aww, I'm sorry. :( I hope I can give you something you like for your good country. :)
  • Lurker62Lurker62 Posts: 3,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, I'm sorry. :( I hope I can give you something you like for your good country. :)

You better be. Or, I'll sabotage your contest with more Free.mp3s and death metals. :p
    Forum Member
    I.Also, I got a terrible bad country. I thought chick will be good to me after giving him 12 points last contest. :cry:

But no one handles bad terrible countries like you do!
    (*going to listen to '' Blood of The Ancients '' again - nope just kidding :D )
    Forum Member
    You better be. Or, I'll sabotage your contest with more Free.mp3s and death metals. :p

Free.mp3 was brilliant, so no complaints from me. :p
    Forum Member
    Any thoughts on the first four entries? Or do people need more to make their mind up? :p

Not that I have enough to warrant another post. :D
    Forum Member
    Hoping to get to around 25 sign ups for this edition, anyone is welcome to sign up. Reminder that the deadline is Thursday at 7:00pm, and that is when you will get your good countries. In the meantime, you can enjoy your bad countries and send your entries for them to me now! That's not a threat, I don't think. :p
    Forum Member
    When will the first bunch of the fabulous-countries-that-everybody-wants will be posted?
    Forum Member
    When will the first bunch of the fabulous-countries-that-everybody-wants will be posted?

I was going to do them on Thursday after I'd given out all the good countries but if people would really like them sooner I can offer them sooner if it means I get more entries sent in. :p

Hoping more people sign up tonight, though I'm assuming people are busy watching the Olympics so the chances are people may miss this until it's over (which is next Monday-ish, am I correct?), which gives a little problem. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to do them on Thursday after I'd given out all the good countries but if people would really like them sooner I can offer them sooner if it means I get more entries sent in. :p

Hoping more people sign up tonight, though I'm assuming people are busy watching the Olympics so the chances are people may miss this until it's over (which is next Monday-ish, am I correct?), which gives a little problem. :blush:

The sooner the better :D

Yeah, I'm not sending anything in for my bad country until I get my good one, because that will determine how much risk I'll be able to take. Seriously though, my country's music scene is of very poor quality, and the songs I found that I sort of like I'm fairly sure no one else will.
    Forum Member
    The sooner the better :D

Yeah, I'm not sending anything in for my bad country until I get my good one, because that will determine how much risk I'll be able to take. Seriously though, my country's music scene is of very poor quality, and the songs I found that I sort of like I'm fairly sure no one else will.

Then maybe I'll surprise people and offer some countries out tonight. Maybe. :p

Ooh, that sounds fair enough actually, I didn't think of it like that. I'm assuming that's why only 7 people have sent in an entry so far (although out of 19 that doesn't sound too bad). And in other news I feel like I may need to do some rearranging of the bad country rankings... completely unrelated of course. :blush::p
    Forum Member
    Ready for your first secluded safari through the nations of misfit music?

You may now send me entries for...

Malta

and

Montenegro!

I'm sure you're all eager to explore these uninhabited countries and unearth those lovely musical gems, but first, let me explain some rules. It is first come, first served. You may only claim one third country unless told otherwise. The usual entry rules apply.

Reminder that you can send me a 30 second timeslot for the recap if you like.

Good luck! :)
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it possible to post a list of the countries that will be coming up later on in the third country thing before we send one for now?
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything on the Wiki that needs doing.

I feel left out. :D
    Forum Member
    is it possible to post a list of the countries that will be coming up later on in the third country thing before we send one for now?

Oh yes, I forgot about doing that. :p

The full list for now is:
    Azerbaijan
    Belarus
    Bosnia
    Cyprus
    Georgia
    Malta
    Montenegro
    Slovenia

But more may be added depending on how many sign ups we get.
    AxG wrote: »
    Is there anything on the Wiki that needs doing.

I feel left out. :D

I think most of the members ones still need doing. :p Sorry, I was bored and I'd started doing some of it and I felt guilty for not finishing it and then I did more. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, there's one country I've hoped would come up in the 3rd countries the past couple contests but never does, although it's defo in the bottom group of countries.