Millions set to flood Britain in 2014

timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/376748/Flood-of-poor-Bulgarian-immigrants-is-more-pressure-on-resources

'a poll conducted by Bulgaria’s state television last week 54 per cent of those questioned said they would rather come to Britain than stay in their impoverished home country.'

Anyone is any doubt about next years flood should read about the conditions for a large percentage of the population:

'JUST three miles from Bulgaria’s capital city Sofia lie shanty towns of shocking squalor where hungry Roma children lie nine to a bed and rats forage for food in excrement-strewn streets'

And on top of that now even the German people are saying they have had enough:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9851577/German-warning-over-Romanian-and-Bulgarian-migration.html

Sign this petition to restrict Bulgarian and Romanians from entering the UK:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41492

Heading towards 20,000 (signatures set to double in two weeks)

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Ho hum. Another anti-immigration thread based on spurious data. Do you really think half the population of Bulgaria is going to arrive here?

If there is the poverty you describe, isn't it better to help than panic about them coming here?
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ho hum. Another anti-immigration thread based on spurious data. Do you really think half the population of Bulgaria is going to arrive here?

If there is the poverty you describe, isn't it better to help than panic about them coming here?

I am going to live in Bulgaria, cheap flight there ( on account of the planes going back empty), cheap housing ( buyers market) and plenty jobs as 56 % of the population will have left to come to Britain:D
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    I am going to live in Bulgaria, cheap flight there ( on account of the planes going back empty), cheap housing ( buyers market) and plenty jobs as 56 % of the population will have left to come to Britain:D

Goodbye.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Define 'help' smudge?

It doesn't matter if you're the biggest supporter of the eu or the most paranoid "little englander" there's no escaping the fact that we have exposed ourselves to the potential of mass immigration and no-one knows what the number will be. Politicians weren't remotely close to predicting the number of Polish migrants.

We can't pay them to stay away - our economy isn't robust enough to absorb another sudden influx. Whatever the OPs politics or the source of his/her 'spurious data' there's no denying the fact we've opened the door.
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Polish migrants have been an asset to the UK. They've set up businesses and paid all their taxes to the UK.

Granted there was already a strong Polish community of those who'd remained after helping the UK and her allies to defeat Hitler and they were able to offer some advice and support to newcomers, but the younger group worked hard when they arrived here, often taking work for which they were overqualified rather than claiming benefits.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a misleading title! I was wondering about extreme weather or rising sea level but it's just another immigration thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    Goodbye.

Farewell
  • timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polish people do work and pay tax which is one good thing but they do not integrate with English society as the census showed thousands do not even speak English and that is also ignoring the fact that
    -millions of pounds every month is sent to people living in Poland in benefits even though they do not live here
    -billions of pounds are taken out of our economy and sent back to Poland
    -many work illegally below minimum wage and undercut British workers

Romania and Bulgaria are much less educated, hard working and are much poorer then Poland.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    Polish migrants have been an asset to the UK. They've set up businesses and paid all their taxes to the UK.

Granted there was already a strong Polish community of those who'd remained after helping the UK and her allies to defeat Hitler and they were able to offer some advice and support to newcomers, but the younger group worked hard when they arrived here, often taking work for which they were overqualified rather than claiming benefits.

That's a rather simplistic view. Many working for nmw actually pay no tax at all because they fall under the tax threshold. Add to that in work benefits such as working and child tax credits, and many actually take out more than they contribute.

Of course this applies to UK citizens as well, but it goes to show the disastrous effects unlimited unskilled labour can have on wages.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Well i think its fair to say that the goverment are afraid of how many will come over, as they will not even give a guess,, but would like to change the rules to stop them getting benefits and all other things we have to offer people who come into this country from the EU. And when we have everything better here in this country then they do back home it does not take that much working out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    That's a rather simplistic view. Many working for nmw actually pay no tax at all because they fall under the tax threshold. Add to that in work benefits such as working and child tax credits, and many actually take out more than they contribute.

Of course this applies to UK citizens as well, but it goes to show the disastrous effects unlimited unskilled labour can have on wages.

its is beyond belief some people still support unlimited mass immigration for these countries in 2014, would someone like to explain (because they never can) the benefits of allowing hundreds of thousands of Romanian and Bulgarian in> what are they

how are schools, the NHS, benefits system, roads and housing meant to cope not to mention we have 2.5 million unemployed. Where will all the jobs come from or will they just magically appear when the hoards arrives
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And many will try and gain power over us by telling us all about those nasty foreigners.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Their wages are poor and I can't see that many of them with enough money to come over here.

I discovered when I was last in Bulgaria, they were working in hotels for ten pence an hour.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I've volunteered on flood day to get down to the ports to welcome our Bulgarian 54%... I'm handing out leaflets directing them to the NHS, benefit offices, housing offices and roads. We've done a health and safety assessment and there is only a 17% chance that England will flip over a sink into the sea. I think Surrey is safe though.
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    Farewell

Please write and tell us how you're getting on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one has yet explained the benefits of hundreds of thousands of poor, uneducated Romanian and Bulgarians coming over

petition still doing well almost at 20,000!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    Please write and tell us how you're getting on.

Weather lovely, food great ( you only get horse if you ask for it), very quiet nobody about
    Forum Member
    No doubt no-one explained the benefits of the Irish navvies before they came to the UK but the benefits of their labour to the development of the UK we know today is absolutely undeniable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weather lovely, food great ( you only get horse if you ask for it), very quiet nobody about

Roma gangs everywhere, mafia running society, corruption, worse weather then the UK, people living like peasants, slave wages, stabbings on every street, no benefits, paying for hospital care

Have a good time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airam wrote: »
    No doubt no-one explained the benefits of the Irish navvies before they came to the UK but the benefits of their labour to the development of the UK we know today is absolutely undeniable.

that was completely different Ireland and British cultures have always been close with a common language and at this time Britain ruled the world, supplied most of the worlds goods and the economy was exploding. Times have changed
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was completely different Ireland and British cultures have always been close with a common language and at this time Britain ruled the world, supplied most of the worlds goods and the economy was exploding. Times have changed

Plus the fact that all of Ireland was part of the U.K at the time
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roma gangs everywhere, mafia running society, corruption, worse weather then the UK, people living like peasants, slave wages, stabbings on every street, no benefits, paying for hospital care

Have a good time
    Sounds like you are describing the U.K there.
    Forum Member
    Have they? There are many island communities in Scotland which could do with an influx of working age people who can work hard and don't require university degrees.

The population of one of her largest cities, Glasgow, grew by under 13,000 in the past ten years (census).

As the elderly drop out of the working population in Scotland, who will take their place if not immigrants? Families are not as large as they used to be even when those elderly were themselves children.

Immigration has not destroyed Canada.
  • richcleverrichclever Posts: 12,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    I've volunteered on flood day to get down to the ports to welcome our Bulgarian 54%... I'm handing out leaflets directing them to the NHS, benefit offices, housing offices and roads. We've done a health and safety assessment and there is only a 17% chance that England will flip over a sink into the sea. I think Surrey is safe though.

I'll be handing out leaflets with you but mine will be directing them to timetosaygoodby's house for no other reason than it'll be bleedin hilarious!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    Sounds like you are describing the U.K there.

wait until 2014 it will be