Week 7 - 5 Thoughts

Comments

• MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    1. My heart broke in to several pieces for Frankie. I really felt her pain.
    2. Besides that, her performance was wonderful and she was WAY undermarked.
    3. Pixie's dance was really nice and fun.
    4. We just seem to be stuck in this low 30s region which I think is unfortunate.
    5. Great job done by Zoe again. She slots in perfectly. I hope Claudia's daughter is making a good recovery!
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Simon best of the night for me. Great dance to appropriate music.

2. A mexican samba??????? Not a good night for Frankie, too frenetic & too much content?

3. Judy is so wooden, hasn't improved at all, lovely lady but hope she is the next one out.

4. Typical bloke rumba from Jake, really hope he survives this week as I feel there is still a great dance possible from him.

5. Pixie & Trent are just so twee, can't take to them at all.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Bravo pixie & trent
    2. zoe+ tess- claudiamissed
    3. i usually enjoy the quickstep (espec Abbey Clancy) & simon did good
    4 caroline & mark below par
    5 Comparative marking 8 len seriously??
  • Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Jake needs a good week next week.
    2. Sunetra and Brendan are dull.
    3. I wonder how strong the contract that Tess has is.....Claudia and Zoe are superb.
    4. If I was a voter I'd vote for Judy.
    5. There's a gap appearing between the contenders.....Pixie and Frankie are the ones to beat.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    1 Trent is 30? Wow.
    2 Jake declining.
    3 Mark gaining.
    4 Frankie? I may be going off you, luv.
    5 That dress Zoe wore? I am SURE I have seen it before.*

*Not that it ought to matter. Guys get to wear the same suit over and over.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Simon the best dance of the week - wasnt expecting that
    Jake the worst dance of the week - wasnt expecting that
    I'm still enjoying Judy and hope she gets to Blackpool
    Mark is getting better and better- he's my dark horse for the win
    Steve and Ola- dont believe the papers for a second

and I love Trent's choreography and want him to come back next year
  • notsolonely153notsolonely153 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.) no WOW dances so far this series so far for me :(
    2.) enjoyed Simon's quickstep, but was a bit miffed by his random rememberance Sunday comment. I mean, yes.. We know.
    3.) Alison's dance wasn't technically gret, but really enjoyed it nonetheless. Only just really noticing what s great dancer Aljaz is.
    4.) not warming to Mark and Karen, starting to feel like a loon worrying about producer's agenda.
    5.) felt bad for Frankie, she's a great dancer but thought that routine didn't help her. Too fast, too frantic.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jake needs a good week next week.
    2. Sunetra and Brendan are dull.
    3. I wonder how strong the contract that Tess has is.....Claudia and Zoe are superb.
    4. If I was a voter I'd vote for Judy.
    5. There's a gap appearing between the contenders.....Pixie and Frankie are the ones to beat.

In terms of dancing they are the two to beat but this show doesn't work like this. Pixie in particular seems to attract the pathetic and nasty comments from people because she has been dubbed a ringah. Plus, her and Frankie could split the vote.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Some lovely frocks tonight, but I am still puzzled as to what Caroline has done to upset the frock ladies as yet another frumpy figure-concealing oddity tonight for her.
    2.Judy's dancing may be poor but I find her lack of ego and self effacing humour appealing.
    3. No wow dances tonight, not helped by the fact that 2 of the front runners (Frankie and Jake appear to have stalled and started to go back).
    4. Mark and Steve were my favourites as they seemed to have embraced the dance they were given and really tried.
    5. I do wonder how bad Alison has to be before the judges start giving her some honest feedback.
  • oublietteoubliette Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    1. Some lovely frocks tonight, but I am still puzzled as to what Caroline has done to upset the frock ladies as yet another frumpy figure-concealing oddity tonight for her.

I wonder if she is pregnant <disclaimer - no idea who she is or if she even had another half>
  • skimpy_scampiskimpy_scampi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oubliette wrote: »
    I wonder if she is pregnant

Must admit I thought the same
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Steve + Ola - dance of the night for me and I don't believe the papers
    2. Pixie + Trent - way too overmarked
    3. Mark + Karen - stunning waltz
    4. Frankie + Kevin - wanted to give Frankie a hug
    5. Judy + Anton - really starting to grate on my nerves now

From Hayley
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    1. Another awful dress for Caroline.

2. The music ruined Steve's 'Paso'

3. Worried for Jake.

4. I felt no 'Wow Factor' tonight.

5. Sunetra gets the best frocks.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing Claudia
    Wishing Matilda the very best
    Zoe is doing a great job
    Judy is absolutely awful
    Warming to Trent
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    1. Really underwhelming show for me this week, no major stand-out performances and generally I felt that the "feel-good" element of Strictly was sorely lacking.

2. Craig is usually fair but I thought he was rotten to Frankie. He could at least have tried to justify his criticisms, which he usually does. Left a rather strange feeling.

3. I enjoyed Steve and was a bit surprised at how harsh the judges were on him. I'm glad I only saw 'that' newspaper story after the show though, as that would have spoilt the show for me.

4. Pixie was good but I found her routine a bit odd.

5. Please shut up Anton!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. First week I felt a connection with Pixie - really enjoyed that number.
    2. Great routine by Simon & Kristina but the smugness has returned with Simon.
    3. Mark continues to surprise me.
    4. Jake peaked early & is getting worse.
    5. Love Claudia but love Zoe too!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    1. Caroline did very well tonight considering the dress, the song choice and the death spot. Undermarked.
    2. I love Judy, I'm a massive tennis fan, I think she's hilarious and she's a fellow Scot. I've been supporting her for a while but it's getting a little old now. I have a feeling she'll be there for a long time yet and it'll be at the expense of someone like Caroline.
    3. Was it just me that wasn't feeling Simon's dance tonight? I thought it was overmarked and I think the same score as Mark/Sunetra etc would've been appropriate.
    4. After looking like it'd be a very open competition regarding the dancing, I feel it's becoming a two horse race between Frankie and Pixie and it's a bit boring. I want Caroline or Jake to come back into it a bit!
    5. Brendan looked dashing tonight. Love him.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig rude again
    Zoes dress one size too small
    Tears
    Alison actually moving
    First Dead Nan of the series.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) This show has taught me not to pre judge, I thought I would detest Judy but her attitude and personality are both endearing

2) Zoe just exposes Tess, a truely good presenter

3) Great choreography there by Kristina, shame Simon is extremely irritating

4) Ola looked uncomfortable, not her biggest fan but I felt for her

5) I miss Iveta and Natalie
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. What a terribly flat show - Mark's waltz was the only dance I really enjoyed.
    2. Pixie's Foxtrot was good but ruined by the comedy element - she's a good dancer, she doesn't need the faffing. And Darcey's 10 was ludicrous.
    3. Everyone seemed to be getting the messing up out of the way before Blackpool - there aren't usually that many obvious mistakes in one week!
    4. Wardrobe did not have their finest hour, and neither did the props department.
    5. Did someone say Blackpool?
  • BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Steve/Ola both looked uncomfortable, "that" article was elephant in the room.
    2. Caroline has looked better, was it her turn in the wardrobe stakes to get the short straw?
    3. No 'WOW' dances tonight, but not as many mistakes as last week. But still several occurred.
    4. VTs were not much better than last week, why have they been so dumbed down?
    5. Grimsbys (incl Karen) are too frenetic dancing for me, feel that it impacts their partners.
  • Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. All four judges jumping on the Judy bashing wagon, starting to be really nasty! >:(>:( Badly done judges, badly done!

2. Liked Caroline's waltz, agree about her dresses though. When will she get a pretty one?

3. Jake peaked on week 2 :confused:.

4. Simon's best dance, Mark improving, but can't quite like either of them. :confused::confused:

5. Girls best again, Frankie's was so much better than the judges comments suggested, expectations too high? Pixie great but not a 10.

Sunetra and Brendan don't seem to have clicked :(
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Hope Judy goes - they are getting boring (both judging and routines).
    2 Hope the right people get through to Blackpool
    3 Simon improves again
    4 Jake needs to sort out his hands
    5 Loved the reference to 'Slow' Foxtrot by Trent.
  • Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Who made Caroline wear that dress?? - it was most unflattering

Craig has passed harsher remarks to others than what he said to Frankie - stop using tears to get votes

Time for Alison to go -

Judges are harder on some contestants than others and obviously have favorites (Pixie)

Not Jakes dance but he has had a punishing schedule with EE so is probably tired but fair play to him he is not complaining about it on VT
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Jake and Alison @ level pegging according to the judges WTF :o

2. Len's comments about Frankie and Kevin and then awards them a 9 :o

3. Steve's (Jasonesque) grimmaces :D

4. Judy is such a star. She laughs at the judges' comments flashing one of the most gorgeous smiles on television and treats Strictly as the pantomime it undoubtedly is. For the first time I'm happy for a duffer (dance-wise) to stay in the competition for as long as possible.

5. The camera kept panning to Simon last night for some reason :confused: