I wish I could like Pixie

Comments

• Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't really a fan until her samba which is my favourite dance of the series so far, I think she has a type of personality which leaves a lot of guessing to and can be attached to many things, I think she seems like a nice quiet girl who totally livens up the minute she starts performing, but I can see why people are put off
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L_duncan wrote: »
    i truly believe some people are uncomfortable with an individual who appears to have it all and, moreover, appears continually happy with life and therefore exudes it. try as hard as they might (and BOY have they tried) they have never come up with any sensible negative about her.

ps love your posts MayD :)

Hit the nail on the head!

It's pathetic but it's also quite funny watching people desperately try and come up with a good reason why they dislike someone so inoffensive :D
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I like her but I'm unsure how I would feel about her winning. It's Jake who I can't warm too.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hit the nail on the head!

It's pathetic but it's also quite funny watching people desperately try and come up with a good reason why they dislike someone so inoffensive :D

But its a fact of life that not everyone can be liked by everyone, and it's a bit simplistic to suggest they can. Sometimes the reasons are tenuous - but they are there as daft as they sound when written down.

I can't see that Carole Vordermann, for example, has suffered unduly from reminding me of the girl at school who made my hackles rise, and I shouldn't think for a minute Kylie Minogue is bothered that my mum can't watch her 'because of her mouth. Even when she was in Neighbours, I couldn't look'.

It dosent matter how inoffensive or nice someone is, someone somewhere will have a bone to pick with them. Put them in a popularity contest with a public vote and it's par for the course.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't warm to Frankie :D however mainly as I find her about as interesting as a can of white paint.

I think Pixie is great and her and Trent are fantastic when they dance together - I think they're so well matched and the choreography week on week is so good that I just can't help but like them

This. I love Pixie. Frankie bores me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    But its a fact of life that not everyone can be liked by everyone, and it's a bit simplistic to suggest they can. Sometimes the reasons are tenuous - but they are there as daft as they sound when written down.

I can't see that Carole Vordermann, for example, has suffered unduly from reminding me of the girl at school who made my hackles rise, and I shouldn't think for a minute Kylie Minogue is bothered that my mum can't watch her 'because of her mouth. Even when she was in Neighbours, I couldn't look'.

It dosent matter how inoffensive or nice someone is, someone somewhere will have a bone to pick with them. Put them in a popularity contest with a public vote and it's par for the course.

This is so true. The entire reason I've come into this supporting Frankie is because to look at she reminds me a bit of one of my best friends. And even though I'm finding her very boring to watch, I persevere with my soft spot for her, despite her doing nothing to repay me.

I'm warming to Pixie though. She seems much sweeter when she speaks than I expected, but I can't stand her voice/accent so I'd rather she just kept quiet and got on with the dancing, which there's no denying she's very good at!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

what you are referring to are specific phobias relating to a very specific exclusive individual one-off event. i can't believe the very high number of pixie 'smug' and 'can't put my finger on it' dislikes are in the same category. even the very specific dislikes eg 'talking thro her teeth', 'looking at the ceiling', 'looking at Trent when she answers a question' are SO minor it is almost as if she is being witch-hunted. give the girl a break ... or at least the benefit of the doubt
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank gawd it's not just me then. I cannot stand Pixie with an irrational passion that borders on hatred, which is stupid cos it's only a silly telly programme.

Her voice, her mannerisms, her dance partner, yes let's be honest that boy is far too full of himself and those blasted tombstones he has for teeth, must have cost him a fortune cos he shows them just a little too much.

I do fear she is showing far too much talent to go anytime soon, so I fear I will just have to sulk whenever she gets mentioned, shown on telly, dances or anything else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Oh thank gawd it's not just me then. I cannot stand Pixie with an irrational passion that borders on hatred, which is stupid cos it's only a silly telly programme.

Her voice, her mannerisms, her dance partner, yes let's be honest that boy is far too full of himself and those blasted tombstones he has for teeth, must have cost him a fortune cos he shows them just a little too much.

I do fear she is showing far too much talent to go anytime soon, so I fear I will just have to sulk whenever she gets mentioned, shown on telly, dances or anything else.

Please tell me this is a parody post :confused:

Otherwise, you are a very sad and pathetic individual. Hatred? Yep, with all the people in this world doing hideous, violent things, the person you should hate is a singer on an entertainment programme :o
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member

wow hatred?!! I'm not a massive fan of Frankie... but hatred is an fairly extreme emotion for someone taking part in an entertainment show about dancing.

Also how is Trent full of himself? if anything he has been he most under the radar personality wise of near enough all the pros - he's basically come in and got stuck in with doing some amazing routines/ choreography.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me this is a parody post :confused:

Otherwise, you are a very sad and pathetic individual. Hatred? Yep, with all the people in this world doing hideous, violent things, the person you should hate is a singer on an entertainment programme :o

Oh please I did say it was a) irrational and b) bordering on.

In my post I have done everything to get across that I am not proud or able to explain my reaction to Pixie, it was something I have had from the start of this season, sometimes we all take a dislike to something or someone and with continued exposure that can probably get heightened to a NEARLY unacceptable level, Pixie is just such a case for me... Oh and her partner doesn't help either, disliked him as soon as he was introduced.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Got one big thing in her favour though - she doesn't live in Liverpool and have a scouse accent ;-)
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's too stageschool

Nothing to relate too..
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    what you are referring to are specific phobias relating to a very specific exclusive individual one-off event. i can't believe the very high number of pixie 'smug' and 'can't put my finger on it' dislikes are in the same category. even the very specific dislikes eg 'talking thro her teeth', 'looking at the ceiling', 'looking at Trent when she answers a question' are SO minor it is almost as if she is being witch-hunted. give the girl a break ... or at least the benefit of the doubt

I think she's a fabulous dancer and will likely win. Which I wouldn't mind in the least. BUT for some reason I just don't warm to her and can really not be bothered watching during the vts or interviews on ITT. Not her fault but it just is as it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one big thing in her favour though - she doesn't live in Liverpool and have a scouse accent ;-)

Scouse accent, now there is something I do hate with a passion.. Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhh

H77 proud scousers just hates the accent. You know...😉
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, although I'm not keen, I'm not Vordophoboic. That was my point, really - I dont know why she reminds my of the girl from school. She looks nothing like her and the girl wasn't even very good at sums but there is a certain something I can't put my finger on and poor Carole (if she even gives one hoot let alone two) is and forever will be nixed by association.

As I said, none can be liked by everyone and pressing people for reasons when they only have a tenuous idea themselves is always going to result in vagaries that don't stand up to scrutiny when looked at by people who are on the other side of the fence.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Though IMO she's not a patch on Natalie Gumede, I'm really starting to enjoy Pixie's performances and Trent's choreography. I can't see any way that she will go before the final and I expect whoever she's up against will struggle to match the quality of her dancing.

Not interested in "journeys" "chemistry" and all the rest of the wall-to-wall fillers on ITT which delivers about 5 minutes of entertainment stretched over 5 half hour shows every week. She's very pretty, likeable enough, and she's got a curvaceous bum - that makes me feel quite warm. :cool:
  • BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    .... and she's got a curvaceous bum - that makes me feel quite warm. :cool:

Or as Len would put it: "Yum, yum, Pixie's bum!"
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pixie's dancing and personality - she makes me happy - fyi I am a heterosexual lady so my opinion has nothing to do with her looks etc - I just like her
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her dances but I tend to zone out during her VTs etc. I do that with Frankie as well though.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all come too easily for her, I suspect everything in life has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think also often when it comes to liking a celeb on something like this, their history and background plays a big part. So if you've got an actor on from a show you like, or who used to be in a show you like, or you liked their character in something, that counts for something. Or even if you didn't know them before the show, but you find out they're a (say) wildlife person, or an antiques person and that chimes with your own hobbies and interests, then you have a connection there. Or if you once read a story about them in the papers supporting a charity you like or something like then - again, a connection.

I think the trouble for Pixie (and Frankie) is that for a lot of people, bearing in mind the Strictly demographic, she's a blank canvas in that respect, so they just don't have any reference points for her. And then there's the whole "everyone loves an underdog" thing, and she's clearly not an underdog, so people don't get that "Aw" feeling.

All she's got to try and win people over is the tiny amounts of personality we get to see on the show - and with the VTs being scripted comedy sketches it's really just how you react to scores and comments and things, and if you aren't getting bad comments, you don't even get to take it on the chin and show you're a good sport like Judy!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greymarl wrote: »
    I don't like Pixie and I don't wish I did either. I'm slightly allergic to the 'stage school all-rounder' persona, and her speaking voice grates on me. But, she's a great dancer and I wouldn't mind at all if she won.

It does. And the silly songs about "all about tonight" and so on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    It's all come too easily for her, I suspect everything in life has.

Your bitterness is showing ;-)
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your bitterness is showing ;-)

Yes dear.