Options

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    It truly is a phenomenal game. I'm taking my time going through it and doing most of the side missions before I tackle the main storyline ones.

I was just disappointed that....
    when Hawke appears in the game, it is the default one and not the one I made when I played the last Dragon Age game. For some reason, my save wouldn't carry over. It would have been really cool if it was the Hawke I created.

I couldn't even load my optional world into the game. Origin says it is already linked to my Live account but it's not.
    If they do something similar with the next Mass Effect I'm going to pissed.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Finished up Crestwood, only the dragon to do. plus the landmark that's right near him. I still need one assassins badge to make my dagger, needs farming.

Just a side note, you need to check your completed missions tab regularly to get the mission to update to completed on some of them. If you look some will have a red * next to them, just run over them, then when you drop back to the main screen, you'll get notification of completion.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Danger Close;75945759]I couldn't even load my optional world into the game. Origin says it is already linked to my Live account but it's not.
    If they do something similar with the next Mass Effect I'm going to pissed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's exactly what happened to me too.
    I think it is a common problem....such a shame.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    That last bit at Haven, before Skyhold, is just incredible.

Finished up the Hinterlands by taking out the dragon. Chanced my arm at level 10 and got lucky :D

30 hours in and heading for Crestwood.

This game is &@$#ing brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when I thought the game couldn't possibly get any better.....
    that amazing level at the winter palace with empress celine happens!! and then Morrigan is re-introduced!!!
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad I spent some additional time in the Hinterlands. Level 10 when I left and level 11/12 now - subsequent areas haven't seemed to be an insurmountable challenge. So far. Can see how things would have been a lot tougher had I left a few levels lower though.

Loved the dragon vs giant fight on the Storm Coast. Waited nearby until the dragon took chunks out of him and then attacked with Cassandra and the Iron Bull taking the lead.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    New patch (2) incoming today with various fixes.

Patch 3 in development.

More here: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/532511-dragon-age-inquisition-patch-2/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »

Loved the dragon vs giant fight on the Storm Coast. Waited nearby until the dragon took chunks out of him and then attacked with Cassandra and the Iron Bull taking the lead.

I saw them fighting, then got attached by some guys so had to defend myself against them. When i had finished both dragon and giant where gone >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was trying to retrieve a shard fragment that was behind them. Sat waiting for an opportunity to sneak past them and then the dragon flew off. Noticed that the giant was down to about half xp so decided to have a go. If the dragon had stayed then I wouldn't have been as aggressive. I barely beat the dragon in the Hinterlands, this one looked meaner still so didn't fancy my chances!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That last bit at Haven, before Skyhold, is just incredible.

Finished up the Hinterlands by taking out the dragon. Chanced my arm at level 10 and got lucky :D

30 hours in and heading for Crestwood.

This game is &@$#ing brilliant.

Yep :)

The journey to Skyhold is great too, and I actually really liked the scene with the song.

Recommended levels 12-15 for the two main story quests that become available once you hit Skyhold.

I still haven't done them, hours and hours after getting there. Spent ages in Crestwood and other areas doing side quests and inner circle quests.

I'm going to go back to the story when I next get time to play.
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    New patch (2) incoming today with various fixes.

Patch 3 in development.

More here: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/532511-dragon-age-inquisition-patch-2/

Finally!

I love the game, but some of the bugs are really annoying.

The audio takes time to kick in when you load a new area, the lip synching is bad, crucial conversations have frozen on me, and I've had a few complete crashes too.

Still, it doesn't seem as buggy as Skyrim was at launch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm in Crestwood now. Probably spend some amount if time there and then off to a few other side quests I think.

The bugs became more noticeable to me in the last day or so but nothing that majorly spoils the game for me. Seen plenty examples of the Aria/Omega glitch with characters teleporting around the screen in the background, and had one conversation with Dorian where he just stopped after I responded and nothing happened. Was eating at the time so left it and then it suddenly resumed a few minutes later. Worst I've had was where I hit start and went into the map only for it to crash and go back to the loading screen. Thanks to the auto save I only lost a few minutes.

My favourite game since ME2 I think. Incredible effort from BW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in Crestwood now. Probably spend some amount if time there and then off to a few other side quests I think.

The bugs became more noticeable to me in the last day or so but nothing that majorly spoils the game for me. Seen plenty examples of the Aria/Omega glitch with characters teleporting around the screen in the background, and had one conversation with Dorian where he just stopped after I responded and nothing happened. Was eating at the time so left it and then it suddenly resumed a few minutes later. Worst I've had was where I hit start and went into the map only for it to crash and go back to the loading screen. Thanks to the auto save I only lost a few minutes.

My favourite game since ME2 I think. Incredible effort from BW.

Yep I've experienced all those "bugs" too, right down to the game suddenly crashing and going back to my xbox home screen. The most annoying and frequent one is where characters suddenly stop talking when in conversation and they just stand and blink at each other:blush: The most creepy bug is where my character sometimes does a "crab walk" thing with her hands, obviously triggered by the jumping action!
    Oh and anyone playing with a female lead will notice how a lot of the minor characters will always refer to you as "ser":p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had that Dorian conversation freeze. It's happened one other time too, but I can't remember who I was talking to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had a few conversation bugs. Once in Redcliff i could not initiate conversations with any body. I also regularly get it so i can select conversation options with the mouse and have to use the number keys instead,.

I also am suffering somewhat from the banter bug i think. Sometimes there is loads. Sometimes there is hardly any.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Up to 40 hours in now, managed a good 8 hour session last night! :D

Cleared most of the Western Approach, just the Gates of Toth to get around.

A couple more conversation freezes, luckily brief ones. The more irritating one at the moment is on the war table. Have Cullen and Josephine both off doing tasks that will apparently take 3500 hours to complete. Having to play offline until I get back home so I'm hoping that when I reconnect to Live and the DA servers it will sort itself out.

Rank 14 now which is more than adequate for decimating pretty much everything in the Western Approaches.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Oh and anyone playing with a female lead will notice how a lot of the minor characters will always refer to you as "ser":p

Not playing a female character so not come across that. But a little side note in the Game of Thrones, books, Podrick keeps calling Brianne Ser, My Lady
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to do the dragon in the Hinterlands last night --

and got my, severely singed, arse handed to me. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willowfan wrote: »
    Tried to do the dragon in the Hinterlands last night --

and got my, severely singed, arse handed to me. :blush::D

Being rogue really helped me with that one.

Invisible, walk up to it, start doing some damage, then switched between Blackwall and Cassandra both of whom were equipped with hammers/axes. Whenever they were severely damaged or killed, switched back to the Inquisitor, went invisible again and retreated to the boundary of the area where the other squaddies came back to life with about half health. Then repeated the tactic until the Dragon got taken out. Took about 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I'm playing rogue Inquisitor. Tactical retreats hadn't occured to me. I'll have to give it a go :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you go to the boundary of that area of the map, where the dragon won't get you, then the dragon's HP doesn't reset.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the Inquisitor who retreats, as long as someone dies, then the rest will come back to life. Inquisitor is best though as you'll have invisibility if Rogue so you can retreat at your leisure without too much hassle. Anyone else and they'll be falling back with a fireball or two up their ass! :D
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Being rogue really helped me with that one.

Invisible, walk up to it, start doing some damage, then switched between Blackwall and Cassandra both of whom were equipped with hammers/axes. Whenever they were severely damaged or killed, switched back to the Inquisitor, went invisible again and retreated to the boundary of the area where the other squaddies came back to life with about half health. Then repeated the tactic until the Dragon got taken out. Took about 20 minutes.

I did it on nightmare at level 13, fire protection potions and Vivienne all help. As there is no healing class the you have to compensate with barriers and militate as much damage as possible. Just make sure to farm drake scales for fire resist and craft some armor before you go :).
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Restarted as a Rogue. However, post patch, it is far more buggy than before! For examplevthere are no templars or mage enemies in the entire hinterlands (except at quest end), some quests are unpickupable and the party won't drop out of combat stance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you know you're coming to the end of a Dragon Age game when...
    the obligatory sex scene kicks in
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't want to think about it ending yet, I'm enjoying it far too much! :D

Are we expecting story DLCs/expansions for this one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope so, all the other Dragon Age and Mass Effect games have had them,