Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,592
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this Chelsea/Man City game and I fancy a bit of 2-0 City which our good friends at PP are offering 17/1
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't particularly like Liverpool but glad to hear that Danny Sturridge has scored on his return today. Proper sh1te season the lads had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in Tony Incenzo's contract that he can only do matches with QPR in? We all know he supports them. I've literally never heard him at a game not involving QPR. I thought the reporters were picked mainly due to where they lived eg. The Moose is always in London, Graeme Courtney does the North-East sides, Dom McGuiness the Manc clubs and Beaky the Scouse clubs, all when they play at home mind. Tony's followed Rangers all the way to Stoke today, that said maybe no-one else wants to watch QPR, understandable lol :p:p
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So undignified for a commentator to be forced to be a bookies runner throughout the entire game. I want to know what's happening in the game, not how much I can cash some theoretical bet out for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So undignified for a commentator to be forced to be a bookies runner throughout the entire game. I want to know what's happening in the game, not how much I can cash some theoretical bet out for.

I don't like that either mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam just said that there will be 6x more people watching or listening to the Chelsea/Man City game than the SuperBowl tomorrow night! :o:o:o
  • Options
    MallMall Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio stations pay for collective match packages just like TV stations do...Sky sell Dishes and advertising..BT sell subscriptions etc..Talksport and ITV sell advertising....Not very bright are you.

Dear oh dear. That was entirely my argument. Radio should be based on quality of output rather than noses in the trough for advertising revenue like TV. Did you not understand or are you just not very bright?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Mall wrote: »
    Dear oh dear. That was entirely my argument. Radio should be based on quality of output rather than noses in the trough for advertising revenue like TV. Did you not understand or are you just not very bright?!

Why?

Plenty of independent radio stations provide a far better service than the TV tax funded BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What gets me about some radio commentators and those that are round the grounds is when the main presenter hands over to them for the team news and they tell you who the changes are but do not actually list the team
    Now for diehard fans of those teams they may well know who the unchanged players are but for poor old sods like me who struggle to recall what I had for lunch this is not good
    Just read the bloody team sheets out then we all know who is going to play!
  • Options
    MallMall Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuincyMD wrote: »
    Why?

Plenty of independent radio stations provide a far better service than the TV tax funded BBC.

Can't think of any, and the figures don't bear that out. Like it or not, Commercial stations ultimately cost us fare more than the BBC.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand how children can look like their parents and vice versa but I have never fathomed how wives look like their husbands or husbands look like their wives.:p I worked with a bloke with strong stand out features, to give you a clue everyone who knew him called him Pugs [are you now getting the picture] well he looked like his father and his brothers.

I had never seen his mother until the day we all went skiing at a local ski village and she was there with the rest of them, .... and the lot of them all looked like Pugs even the mother!! ... how is this?

On the other site they have a fine example of this phenomenon and I have copied the links, one is Mr Ian Abrahams and the other is his wife Mrs Abrahams. :D
    Mr Moose
    Mrs Moose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much longer you guys give Psycho at Forest?, you've heard of all the wheels falling off the wagon well in this case it's not only the wheels the entire riding carriage has disengaged and separated itself from the chassis of the vehicle and Pierce is left clinging onto the axles heading for a deep deep cliff at speed. A lot of money has been spent at Forest and as popular as he is their directors I doubt will not dare to leave it too much longer before he goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    How much longer you guys give Psycho at Forest?, you've heard of all the wheels falling off the wagon well in this case it's not only the wheels the entire riding carriage has disengaged and separated itself from the chassis of the vehicle and Pierce is left clinging onto the axles heading for a deep deep cliff at speed. A lot of money has been spent at Forest and as popular as he is their directors I doubt will not dare to leave it too much longer before he goes.

Hope they keep him at Forest for if he gets the boot he will be back on TS and he was dire.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What would happen if a commentator refused on principle? Would he be fired?

Has anybody ever complained to Ofcom about this?
    If not, there's a first time for everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand how children can look like their parents and vice versa but I have never fathomed how wives look like their husbands or husbands look like their wives.:p I worked with a bloke with strong stand out features, to give you a clue everyone who knew him called him Pugs [are you now getting the picture] well he looked like his father and his brothers.

I had never seen his mother until the day we all went skiing at a local ski village and she was there with the rest of them, .... and the lot of them all looked like Pugs even the mother!! ... how is this?

On the other site they have a fine example of this phenomenon and I have copied the links, one is Mr Ian Abrahams and the other is his wife Mrs Abrahams. :D
    Mr Moose
    Mrs Moose

They always talk about The Moose like he's some Jabba The Hutt sized eating creature but every picture I've seen of him he looks about a third the size of the lesser spotted Danny Kelly, who gets no jibes his way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    They always talk about The Moose like he's some Jabba The Hutt sized eating creature but every picture I've seen of him he looks about a third the size of the lesser spotted Danny Kelly, who gets no jibes his way.

No your right Moose is about half the size of Kelly and Boozio and a good bit lighter than Graham too I'd think, in fact in that picture a couple of posts above he looks to have trimmed down considerably. This might be because he shoots around all over the place plying his trade for real at the grounds while Kelly, Brazil and Graham just sit on their big fat backsides waffling b011!cks in the studio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No your right Moose is about half the size of Kelly and Boozio and a good bit lighter than Graham too I'd think, in fact in that picture a couple of posts above he looks to have trimmed down considerably. This might be because he shoots around all over the place plying his trade for real at the grounds while Kelly, Brazil and Graham just sit on their big fat backsides waffling b011!cks in the studio.

We need a "police line-up-like" photo to compare them all :D Then we can rank them lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whoever wins this tennis deserves it! Both are fantastic athletes. Cmon Murray and win before half past one!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Way to completely throw in the towel Andy, seriously after two amazing sets Novak barely had to win a point, Andy just lost them.

Oh well, well done for getting to the final at least. Still a big achievement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ouch!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Way to completely throw in the towel Andy, seriously after two amazing sets Novak barely had to win a point, Andy just lost them.

Oh well, well done for getting to the final at least. Still a big achievement.

Watched that first great set but had to go out somewhere and saw no more, ... damn these Scottish sportsmen. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [PHP]DATELINE Monday 2nd February 2015:
    LOCATION talkSPORT Radio London:
    TIME 1600:
    SHOW Drivetime:
    PRESENTER Adrian Durham:
    SUBJECT Andy Murray:[/PHP]

(Durhamflaps)
    "Is he all that good?"
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in Tony Incenzo's contract that he can only do matches with QPR in? We all know he supports them. I've literally never heard him at a game not involving QPR. I thought the reporters were picked mainly due to where they lived eg. The Moose is always in London, Graeme Courtney does the North-East sides, Dom McGuiness the Manc clubs and Beaky the Scouse clubs, all when they play at home mind. Tony's followed Rangers all the way to Stoke today, that said maybe no-one else wants to watch QPR, understandable lol :p:p

Tony Incenzo tends to cover Queens Park Rangers whenever they are at home - he's not missed a QPR home game for more than 30 years I think - but when the Rs are playing away he usually covers another game in London, usually from the Championship (as Mike Bovill covers most Arsenal and Tottenham home games and Ian Abrahams does most Chelsea and West Ham home matches).

Yesterday, it may have made sense for Incenzo to follow QPR to Stoke City as the two reporters who usually cover Potters home games for talkSPORT, Simon Humphreys and Dave Rowe, were at other matches (those played at Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion respectively). But usually he'll cover a game in London. That said, this season we've heard a couple of reporters covering matches well off their patch - for instance since he stopped hosting Football First, Ian Danter has covered fixtures in the Midlands, London, the South Coast and South Wales - so they do give their regional guys a chance to visit different grounds on the odd occasion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Incenzo tends to cover Queens Park Rangers whenever they are at home - he's not missed a QPR home game for more than 30 years I think - but when the Rs are playing away he usually covers another game in London, usually from the Championship (as Mike Bovill covers most Arsenal and Tottenham home games and Ian Abrahams does most Chelsea and West Ham home matches).

Yesterday, it may have made sense for Incenzo to follow QPR to Stoke City as the two reporters who usually cover Potters home games for talkSPORT, Simon Humphreys and Dave Rowe, were at other matches (those played at Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion respectively). But usually he'll cover a game in London. That said, this season we've heard a couple of reporters covering matches well off their patch - for instance since he stopped hosting Football First, Ian Danter has covered fixtures in the Midlands, London, the South Coast and South Wales - so they do give their regional guys a chance to visit different grounds on the odd occasion.

Yeah, you're right I've heard Dants at The Liberty a lot this season. On that same note, The Moose was doing Southampton this evening. Well outside his comfort zone of the capital. :o
  • Options
    Spanish JohnnySpanish Johnny Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Mall wrote: »

If a radio station pays for rights then why should they let anyone else broadcast the matches..as for quality, thats open to opinion..You are an idiot.
This discussion has been closed.