The Hotel Channel 4 at 8pm tonight

1373839404143»

Comments

• Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most contrived scene ever with the boy looking at the cuff links and asking his dad what they were...

"they're cufflinks. I don't wear them any more, I used to wear them when I worked."

why the chuff has he taken them on holiday with him then?!

That's exactlly what I said. Why on earth would you take something that you don't wear on holiday with you? The mind boggles!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I took what that bloke was saying with a p;inch of salt.

So did I. There was just something about him.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the start, was that Alison's daughter with the kid ?
  • pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Most contrived scene ever with the boy looking at the cuff links and asking his dad what they were...

"they're cufflinks. I don't wear them any more, I used to wear them when I worked."

why the chuff has he taken them on holiday with him then?!

Perhaps because their visit was pre-arranged and they had been told about the Black-Tie Gala Dinner?
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    I missed the start, was that Alison's daughter with the kid ?

No, she wasnt
  • pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    It was strangely watchable.

I agree; it was all rather contrived and pre-planned but we ended up watching all the episodes; as you say, strangely watchable.

Not convinced by the 'ex TV presenter / Design Agency director' in last night's episode. - I wonder if 'we had everything but we weren't happy' was code for 'I couldn't hack it'?
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched series 2 and 3 again on 4OD just before series 4 started, I ended up being quite disappointed, the staff at the cavendish just were not quite as charismatic as the ones at the Grosvenor and the only highlight from the series I have is mike changing his opinion on mark

Hopefully 4OD re add series 2 and 3 soon as I could quite happily watch series 2/3 over and over again
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you Mark and your mum and Alison. A frothy series but still enjoyable in a squirmy way. Hope we see a different hotel and different manager in the next series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up. Cheap tea bags, roll poly pudding and spotted dick. Just about sums up the hotel.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be the quickest recovery from a stroke ever?
  • funky_nomadfunky_nomad Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Just catching up. Cheap tea bags, roll poly pudding and spotted dick. Just about sums up the hotel.

Can't wait to make my reservation now.......hope it's all inclusive :D:D:D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gala dinner couldn't have made any money then? It looked like he was doing it for free when he was raining round getting local people to attend.

Glad his Mum, Stella is still doing OK.
  • pebbles54pebbles54 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Must be the quickest recovery from a stroke ever?

I think she had an T I A ( a mini stroke). Bless her, I hope she is back to her old self .
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    The Gala dinner couldn't have made any money then? It looked like he was doing it for free when he was raining round getting local people to attend.

Glad his Mum, Stella is still doing OK.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mark was actually paying them to attend. Remember .... failure is not an option!. :D

So glad Stella is doing well. She seems like such a nice lady. :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he was on the phone to the funeral parlour, i thought surely hes not, hes not going to ask for a few stiffs to bung in the seats to make the numbers up is he! :D