Options

Michael Buble - Home for Christmas - Tonight, ITV1

2»

Comments

• Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Don't know why they bothered to pay for an advert for his Christmas album in one of the earlier breaks. The show is one big advert for the album
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Oh, it's comedy eyetie Campo di Genio. I guess the budget just ran out.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    christ on a bike, michael has really piled on the pounds
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Michael Buble but, Christ, this is embarrassing.
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevorp wrote: »
    I like Buble a lot, and I do think there's a market for a cosy old-fashioned show like this, but it's not quite doing it for me. Can't put my finger on what's wrong with it just yet.

Yeah, i know what you mean, i love Buble but it's not doing it for me either. Dawn French was funny though :)
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to hear Bublé sing Christmassy songs and we've had Dawn French being unfunny, Barlow being OK and now Gino the chef making gingerbread.

I wish I'd watched Prof Cox talking about stars instead.

Time to turn off, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I know :D, so can Gary Barlow

Why does he always do that thing where he pulls the microphone far away from his mouth when he sings a loud note?

He's got two mics, he's holding one in his hand and he's also got one clipped to his shirt. You can tell when he's talking to Marissa and her hubby and he gave him the mic, but sounded the same. It's also a studio setting so I think that makes a difference.

I've seen lots of singers pull the mic away from their faces as they do long notes or louder sections. It's partly to add to their performance and partly to stop the vocals spiking. You can't really tell on TV, but I've seen loads of live singers do it.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with other posters this isnt doing it for me, im not a huge fan of buble but i do like some of his stuff...also why was he acting like an inmature kid when cooking with Gino?!?
  • Options
    meelymunchmeelymunch Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Why is Kelly Rowland wearing shoes about 2 sizes too big for her ?
  • Options
    TenpeTenpe Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woah, that just flew by.:)
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I didn't turn off, luckily, because the last song, Silent Night, with the boys choir was magic.
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meelymunch wrote: »
    Why is Kelly Rowland wearing shoes about 2 sizes too big for her ?

No idea, enjoyed their duet though :)
  • Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Great show. Very entertaining.
  • Options
    VericaciousVericacious Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevorp wrote: »
    I like Buble a lot, and I do think there's a market for a cosy old-fashioned show like this, but it's not quite doing it for me. Can't put my finger on what's wrong with it just yet.

Yes, it could have been produced better.

Those old shows used to have more panache, more and bigger sets and set pieces and, generally, a better mix of guest artists. This show also carried the air of cynicism that has tainted so much entertainment over the last few decades, but which I don't think Buble himself has- he'd be fine in one of those old style shows. Mind you, those old style shows feel fresh now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    yeah, they mimed throughout..it was recorded specially for the show, but they mimed the performance.. no shame in it, but it was pretty obvious in a few songs.. which is a pity really, i prefer buble when he's being experimental with his vocals..
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mother quite enjoyed this. He's quite a good singer. I was very surprised to find out that Kelly Rowland was a very good singer indeed! I could actually hear her this time, unlike when she was on the X Factor and the audience were screaming.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a great show. Reminded me of the way shows used to be. Michael is so relaxing to listen to.I was sorry when it ended.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was a repeat of a previous programme, he really annoyed me that he couldn't keep his feet still.

If it's new, was he the same?

Someone with the technical knowledge told me they recognised the use of auto-tune in his performance in the programme I've seen, but I do like his voice..
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught the last bit. He has got a good voice but I can't stand watching perform - the way he moves and his gestures etc. are just like a drunk at karaoke!!
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I caught the last bit. He has got a good voice but I can't stand watching perform - the way he moves and his gestures etc. are just like a drunk at karaoke!!

very well described IMO. He does seeml as if he's been drinking too much fizzy pop.
  • Options
    TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the show except the cooking segment. I could't understand why it was included. It wasn't funny and Buble looked like a jerk.