Options

The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Lol - you are being rude and I do know it.

and what the heck is an 'end pass' - do you mean impasse? Maybe it isn't just your reading that needs help - I'm not being rude of course :D

It means I'm past caring what you think! :D
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    I only watched the first half of Talking Dead - she mentioned some scenes that had been cut would have made more sense of some of her actions and that she thought Andrea had seen his true colours but thought she was more useful at Woodbury (something to that effect)

Yep, it was fascinating, I thought, the entire interview. People that don't normally watch the Talking Dead should try to catch this one.

The fact she said that there had been two scenes shot, that explained her actions more, makes you think the Show-runner wanting it to be more ambiguous, and get people talking about Andrea's actions, before she redeemed herself.

Interesting, that the host Apologized for Calling Laurie Holden "Andrea", but she was constantly referring to the character in the first person. She's very defensive of Andrea and some of the other characters on the show.

Could have done without the weird puppet guy though.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the cat & mouse scenes, really tense. I thought the fact that Andrea had seen the Governor recording his whistles might come into it somehow, but maybe that'll happen next week. When she left him with a room full of biters she should have taken his car, or at least disabled it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I loved the cat & mouse scenes, really tense. I thought the fact that Andrea had seen the Governor recording his whistles might come into it somehow, but maybe that'll happen next week. When she left him with a room full of biters she should have taken his car, or at least disabled it.

I also loved it, I'm a unashamed fan-boy of this show, and particularly season, but Yeah, why not take the Governors truck?

I suppose, it could be locked, and the glass strengthened, so she couldn't break in, but then they probably should have shown us that.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic, possibly my favourite episode. The scenes of The Governer pursuing Andrea were so creepy and eerie.

I'm really liking Milton, especially moreso now that he seems to be turning on The Governer. I really hope (but doubt) that he survives the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic, possibly my favourite episode. The scenes of The Governer pursuing Andrea were so creepy and eerie.

I'm really liking Milton, especially moreso now that he seems to be turning on The Governer. I really hope (but doubt) that he survives the season.

Yeah, TBH, a bit like the father and son with Tyrese's group, it would be a more of a shocker if they did live.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Didn't feel much tension in the warehouse with Andrea and The Governor. As a lover of thrillers I can fully appreciate suspense and tension but I just didn't get much of it here. It has to be one of the most gory eps in season 3 though, with the melted zombie pit and The Governor slicing through that zombie's face with a spade. :D

I liked Milton in this ep. Unless his expression at the end was just a red herring he must have burned the walkers. I think Andrea redeemed herself, but at what price? I wouldn't like to be sat in The Governor's torture chamber!
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I can't believe anyone would fastforward through any show they watch in all honesty. The first time you've ever seen it and you're fastforwarding?! Sure, maybe if it's a repeat viewing and you know what you're missing, but I fail to see the logic in it on the first watch. It's like people who just go to the toilet repeatedly in a film at the cinema.

I loved the tension, but knew they wouldn't let Andrea get back to the prison. I was actually expecting a walker or Martinez's crew rather than the Governor.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe anyone would fastforward through any show they watch in all honesty. The first time you've ever seen it and you're fastforwarding?! Sure, maybe if it's a repeat viewing and you know what you're missing, but I fail to see the logic in it on the first watch. It's like people who just go to the toilet repeatedly in a film at the cinema.

I loved the tension, but knew they wouldn't let Andrea get back to the prison. I was actually expecting a walker or Martinez's crew rather than the Governor.

Again - not the entire show:rolleyes: Just the bits in the warehouse.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode... i did fast forward though :o BUT only because it was so Tense i just thought this is it Andrea is dead :( It was so creepy does anyone else think the Governor was bitten ? To me it looks like he has i mean that was alot of walkers for him to take on.

Andrea being tied to the chair was sad I went past caring for andrea this season but tonight i felt she has fully redeemed herself and shows that she has loyalty to Rick and the group. Shame it took her this long to realise it
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe anyone would fastforward through any show they watch in all honesty. The first time you've ever seen it and you're fastforwarding?!

It's because people are coming to the realization that this show is now just another lazy mess. Stringing along a bunch of disjointed junkplot to drag this thing to the "big show-down".

The show is firmly in the hands of the artless production take-over types who will continue to churn out rubbish until everyone -- even those who they are "crafting" this depraved trash for -- catches on and tunes out.

Torture tool titillation? Pathetically callow and gratuitous scenes of shovel-chopping-zombie-head overkill? Character motivations flopping to and fro from one scene to the next?

Those that fast-forwarded are seeing through this crude manipulation little by little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    It's because people are coming to the realization that this show is now just another lazy mess. Stringing along a bunch of disjointed junkplot to drag this thing to the "big show-down".

The show is firmly in the hands of the artless production take-over types who will continue to churn out rubbish until everyone -- even those who they are "crafting" this depraved trash for -- catches on and tunes out.

Torture tool titillation? Pathetically callow and gratuitous scenes of shovel-chopping-zombie-head overkill? Character motivations flopping to and fro from one scene to the next?

Those that fast-forwarded are seeing through this crude manipulation little by little.

I think one person, ffed because one scene was a bit dull.

In fact only you seem to be seeing all this.

It's a zombie story, gore is at the front and centre. Always has been.

The characterisations and suspense is what rises it above, andmany of us love it for it.

As the Critics responses and the ratings show we are not alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, I fast forwarded JUST THE BITS IN THE WAREHOUSE because I knew they'd be fine, not that I really care about them, so there was no suspense for me making it a bit dull.

That is all.

I have enjoyed every other episode this season, all of season 1 and - unlike many others - most of season 2. I like, love or am at least interested in most of the other characters. I still think it is one of the best things on TV.

Even people defending me can't read my blooming posts correctly.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one person, ffed because one scene was a bit dull.

In fact only you seem to be seeing all this.

It's a zombie story, gore is at the front and centre. Always has been.

The characterisations and suspense is what rises it above, andmany of us love it for it.

As the Critics responses and the ratings show we are not alone.

Yes exactly - thank you:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes exactly - thank you:)

It's okay, I wouldn't have FFed myself, because I enjoyed the scene, but yeah, I guess neither were going to die. I think Op-ed just co-opted you into his argument as no-one has agreed with his/her earlier posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even people defending me can't read my blooming posts correctly.:cry:

No. I understood you. And figured you might want to come back and underline the fact that you otherwise enjoyed the episode.

But I think the fact that you fast-forwarded through what was supposed to be an essential and riveting part of the episode signals that you are starting to see what I see...
    I think Op-ed just co-opted you into his argument as no-one has agreed with his/her earlier posts.

This is basically true, yes. But it is really what I think about the show and what has become of it and where it is headed.

I think many people are going to see what a disjointed, floundering (love that word as it applies here, you'll maybe have noticed) disappointment.

Many people, also, will stick with it until the bitter end. Look at "Lost"; that show was obviously "lost" a couple of series before it was put out of it's miserable state. But loads of critics and ratings highs kept it rolling. I think even some of those people that stuck with that mess have come to realize it was really quite shambolic...
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What freaked me out the most was the fact that the Gov knew everywhere Andrea was.:eek: Does he have an Andrea radar or something? LOL:D

That pis.ssed me off.

Andrea is this survival expert. Someone who survived a winter in the wild with Michonne. Yet some one eyed second hand car salesman managed to find her not once, but twice, in the middle of nowhere.

How the hell did he manage it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »

Lazy writing with which nothing about the characters that has preceded and been developing all along means a goddamned thing anymore. Just get us to the "Big Show Down"*

*Er... cliffhanger to get us to the next series, rather.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    That pis.ssed me off.

Andrea is this survival expert. Someone who survived a winter in the wild with Michonne. Yet some one eyed second hand car salesman managed to find her not once, but twice, in the middle of nowhere.

In a world surrounded by the walking dead, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to spot your current blonde haired girlfriend running through an open field with no cover, flailing her arms like a mad woman. :D
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, after a promising start this series is running out of steam fast.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like they've added just enough take-over productioneers to turn this show into a pile of depravity peddling shit.

Long strung-out, floundering, typically pointless and lazy depravity peddling shit.

All we need now is a pedophile and a serial killer! :D

Yeeehawwwrrrr!

It's almost a science now, this taking anything and everything with a semblance of success and ruining it by "fixing" it up (lowering it right down into the gutter) for the Jerry Springer Generation.

Why dont you back up your gripes with some examples?:)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    In a world surrounded by the walking dead, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to spot your current blonde haired girlfriend running through an open field with no cover, flailing her arms like a mad woman. :D

Indeed, and the second time he knew exactly where she was going and had the means to get there before her.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, and the second time he knew exactly where she was going and had the means to get there before her.
    It's not as if there were a multitude of prisons she might head for.

(If I wanted something that was entirely plausible I wouldn't be watching something with zombies)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That pis.ssed me off.

Going in the building was obvious. Andrea should have ran past the building.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to agree BIB, I was on the edge of my seat during that part of the episode. The whistling thing I dont understand though, I dont remember him recording himself whistling though.

Never really thought about her taking the Gov's car or disabling it. Maybe he had the keys, but at the same time, she had a knife, so she could of at least slashed the tires or other things.

I was so happy to see she got to the prison, but only to be stopped just at the fence, did not see the Gov going to follow her and stop her. But in hindsight, that would not of been a fitting end for the Gov, he deserves a more wow moment death.