The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'm glad other people appreciated Norman's acting there too. I was worried he wouldn't be able to pull off a scene like that, but he was great.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of Norman Reedus, I was just watching "Blade II" and realised he played the character "Scud" - Blade's gadget sidekick. I couldn't stop chuckling at the scene when Blade detonates an explosive in Skud's hand and blows him to smithereens :D:D. Good actor indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Poor Merle. Won't be the same without him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Merle. Won't be the same without him.

It will. He was fantastic but it was his time to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michonne's smile when she said "I wanted my sword back" was brilliant. I really warmed to her. She's an excellent character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with you, downton. Hopefully, the season finale will be even greater :cool: .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will. I really would like some quality daryl and carol scenes too.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Talking of Norman Reedus, I was just watching "Blade II" and realised he played the character "Scud" - Blade's gadget sidekick. I couldn't stop chuckling at the scene when Blade detonates an explosive in Skud's hand and blows him to smithereens :D:D. Good actor indeed.

I've seen quite a few films with him in. I've got to be honest - some of those films were total turkeys BUT his performances in them were never less than solid. Even in the crappiest ones he was the best thing about them.

Watch Six Ways To Sunday if you want to see a really good performance. Totally weird and a really strange son / mother relationship (with the fabulous Debbie Harry as his mother).
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »

LOL, I've seen Blade II so many times, but never recognised Daryl as being the actor who played Scud!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen quite a few films with him in. I've got to be honest - some of those films were total turkeys BUT his performances in them were never less than solid. Even in the crappiest ones he was the best thing about them.

Watch Six Ways To Sunday if you want to see a really good performance. Totally weird and a really strange son / mother relationship (with the fabulous Debbie Harry as his mother).

I see. I'll check out "Six Ways To Sunday" when I have some free time. Sounds like a good film. Thanks. :D

Blade II is the only movie I've seen Reedus in, so it would be good to see him in another movie :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    LOL, I've seen Blade II so many times, but never recognised Daryl as being the actor who played Scud!

Haha, you and me both, Matt! I didn't realise until this afternoon. :D

Reedus does look somewhat younger in Blade II - certainly more boyish looking, so we could be forgiven for not being able to recognise him :D.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick really should die. He is an utterly useless leader and a pathetic man. Letting the poor hitch hiker die was bad enough..there are a handful of people left in the world, would you not have stopped to question the poor bastard at the very least?

But even contemplating handing over Michonne pushed him beyond redemption. She saved his group, she is his best fighter. She is the only decent thing his pathetic group have going for them.

Rick really must die if his little group have any hope of salvation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    If you watch back to season 1 and follow it through episode by episode you can really see Ricks gradual transition from moralistic leader, not being prepared to leave Merle handcuffed on the roof, to the totally morally devoid man who left the hitchhiker to the wilds with the walkers.

It's pretty stunning character growth and it's been acted fantastically, a brilliantly believable performance.

And it's intriguing that it was Darryl and his observations, his own moral compass, that was the influence that made Rick change his mind regarding the devious deal with The Governor.

Because it shows Darryl has himself grown beyond the rough redneck that he was initially

The Walking Dead is a fantastic show, because not only does it have edge of your seat excitement but it also has fantastic character acting

Next week can't come quickly enough for me, but I also don't want the season to end lol

Even in its viewers it creates moral dilemmas lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I love it when people get so angry about characters on the show. It shows how invested they have become in the story, even if I don't agree with the majority of what they have to say.

I grew to really love Merle as a character because he is the epitome of what it takes to survive in this world. Right up until the end he was making bad decisions but with the best interests at heart. I don't believe for a second he really intended to take Michonne to the governor, not after what he tried to do to him and his brother. I think he took her far enough away from the prison to carry out his assault on the governor, so that all bets would be off. To provoke the war, rather than just wait for Rick to make another bad decision. Taking her away from that was the best thing he cold have done and by the time she got back, he had realized the error of his ways.

I have to say though, from the previews, I'm not as excited about the seasons finale as I was about season 2. I am just anxious how they are going to cram everything in and have it not feel like a let down. I just hope it ends well for team prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The season 2 finale when walkers descended on the farm was a riot. Epic.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wouldn't surprise me in the finale if ricks group appear to leave vacate the prison, and allow the govenor and his little army storm the place thinking their inside only for ricks team to trap and ambush them.

got to add i'm really loving michonne now, she's really come into her own, and being part of ricks group has done that for her so hopefully she'll understand and forgive rick.

does anyone have any ideas about where season 4 may head? like do you think the gov will still be around? or will it just be the group back on the road trying survive? :rolleyes:
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RHIGGINSON wrote: »
    If you watch back to season 1 and follow it through episode by episode you can really see Ricks gradual transition from moralistic leader, not being prepared to leave Merle handcuffed on the roof, to the totally morally devoid man who left the hitchhiker to the wilds with the walkers.

It's pretty stunning character growth and it's been acted fantastically, a brilliantly believable performance.

And it's intriguing that it was Darryl and his observations, his own moral compass, that was the influence that made Rick change his mind regarding the devious deal with The Governor.

Because it shows Darryl has himself grown beyond the rough redneck that he was initially

The Walking Dead is a fantastic show, because not only does it have edge of your seat excitement but it also has fantastic character acting

Next week can't come quickly enough for me, but I also don't want the season to end lol

Even in its viewers it creates moral dilemmas lol

I am in two minds about Rick. In one hand I can understand that allowing the hitchhiker to join the group means that more food has to be shared but on the other hand he seems reluctant to trust anyone apart from asking Morgan to join them. I can see that loads has happened since the apocalypse, his best friend cheating with his wife, his wife dying during child birth and his son growing up quickly in a world where there is maybe no hope for a future for him.

I hope to see another side to Rick in Season 4, hopefully his ways will change again. I think he has become more damaged but needs someone to still show him the way. I used to think TWD wouldn't be the same without him but I really think it could survive without him now, even having Daryl given more responsibility as a leader as he has grown to be a better person from the mere redneck he was in season one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some bastard on Facebook spoilt Merle's death by posting a photo of Zombiefied Merle.

Totally gutted he's dead. Michael Rooker is a fantastic actor.

I'm just a little meh by his way out. It would have been better if he'd sacrificed himself saving the life Maggie, Glenn or Carl for example. Redeeming himself more.

Also didn't anyone else find it hard to believe how easily the Governer.. a former car salesman overpowered Merle a violent sociopath with a background in the Army etc. Along with being bigger stronger etc.

I would have liked Merle to go out a better way. Very disapointing in my opinion.

Terrific acting nevertheless.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the governor is around for a while yet would be pathetic to kill him off in the finale. Reckon Milton may be killed which is a shame as i have warmed to the character.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tremendous episode. Perfect pacing for me, between action and talking. Glad to see the end of the Ricktatorship and the birth of the Rickocracy. It's been clear since his battle for supremacy with Shane in season 2, that Rick has been gradually buckling under the weight of responsibility. I'm also glad he came to his senses about Michonne before he realised she had been taken by Merle. Hopefully his hallucinations will now cease, not least because they bore me.

And then there was Merle. He paid his debt to Rick (for returning to Atlanta to rescue him), by taking Michonne away from him and paid his debt to her (for trying to kill her) by releasing her. Violent, venal, racist though he was, the worth of his sacrifice can be measured in the terrible beauty of Daryl's heartbreak.

I think I'll go watch it again. Excellent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode, however when will they learn, if you decide to have some sort of meaningful conversation with Carol at the beginning of an episode, you're pretty much guaranteed a death sentence? Lori, T-Dog, Axel and now Merle? The poor woman's a curse!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    have heard carl possible death in finale.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Some bastard on Facebook spoilt Merle's death by posting a photo of Zombiefied Merle.

Totally gutted he's dead. Michael Rooker is a fantastic actor.

I'm just a little meh by his way out. It would have been better if he'd sacrificed himself saving the life Maggie, Glenn or Carl for example. Redeeming himself more.

Also didn't anyone else find it hard to believe how easily the Governer.. a former car salesman overpowered Merle a violent sociopath with a background in the Army etc. Along with being bigger stronger etc.

I would have liked Merle to go out a better way. Very disapointing in my opinion.

Terrific acting nevertheless.

Briefly, but then I thought well, he has just taken a right kicking from the other two - maybe he had a major internal injury? If to the lungs or heart he wouldn't be oxygenating so would be weakened. BUT the Governor wouldn't have known that so asking to be left alone with Merle WAS stupid.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    The season 2 finale when walkers descended on the farm was a riot. Epic.

The Season 1 finale was brilliant too, with the Disease Control Center blowing up and learning about test subject 19. :D
    The assault on the prison looked pretty epic from what little was shown in the preview, with Martinez blowing up one of the watch towers, but I'm also thinking Rick's group will just leave before they get there, so it will be interesting to see what happens.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Briefly, but then I thought well, he has just taken a right kicking from the other two - maybe he had a major internal injury? If to the lungs or heart he wouldn't be oxygenating so would be weakened. BUT the Governor wouldn't have known that so asking to be left alone with Merle WAS stupid.

The major kicking was the big point, I suppose we're used in fiction to people being kicked to hell and coming back stronger, but Merle was, and lacks a hand.

TBH at this point the governor is a psychopath, so not sure logic is anything to do with it, The Governor had the gun at all times anyway, so a pretty important advantage.

Again though the show isn't about the people being logical, it's about them bending under the ridiculous pressures.

Rick has just gone twisted because of the death of Lori, Andrea just want's peace and happiness, and she deludes herself in that hope.

Logical progression has never been a tenet of great fiction.