I can't keep **THE** secret... A big clue?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
Is this a big clue we need to look out for? :o:confused:

I'm convinced that Emma met up with somebody covering for the killer. No the actual killer themselves which to me implies that there are at least two people involved. Makes this so much more interesting as to what actually happened to Lucy :o

I think maybe Abi met up covering for Max, Lee for Whitney or Jane for Peter. To me, Emma's reaction to being with Max after she met up with the 'killer' was like she hasn't seen him all day.

What do other people think?

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also think that Emma met with someone who's covering for the killer.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I also think that Emma met with someone who's covering for the killer.

Who do you think it was? Do you agree with the three examples I gave or another one?
  • MuddyMooseMuddyMoose Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely not a Branning who killed Lucy as she wouldn't have been comfortable being with Max in his house if it was so.

Bobby or Cindy killed Lucy and Jane (and i'm thinking Ben and Jay) helped cover it up. The body was moved remember, Jane surely couldn't have done that on her own
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, maybe Max for Abi? There was a lot of wierd looks between Emma , Max , Lauren and Abi. However the way Lauren's been acting towards Emma recently I wonder if she found out it was Abi and is covering. Who ever it is I want the little chipmunk to be the killer. Then her and Ben would be properly suited :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was bobby even in the sq when it happened? I can't remember
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Les and Pam

Emma met with Les who is covering for his wife Pam who is really an unhinged killer hiding behind a nice flower lady facade
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    random theory here

Emma and ex-fiance are serial killers, she was assigned the Lucy murder after ex-fiance killed her (sorry, cant remember his name but he is a police officer) and she is starting to feel remorse for their actions since being part of the case.............. << haha, that part doesnt really make sense, to serial killers feel remorse........

Emma met up with him hence the "I cant keep THE secret anymore"

total long shot but hey ho :p:p

told you it was random :D:p
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    MuddyMoose wrote: »
    It's definitely not a Branning who killed Lucy as she wouldn't have been comfortable being with Max in his house if it was so.

She clearly wasn't comfortable, you can tell by the way she was acting, and she ran out the first chance she got!

She only went back in the first place because she was confused having been hit by a car and didn't really know what she was doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very unrealistic no one demanded she get checked out by the medics having been hit by the car lol
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be! If it was Max, why would she say THE and not YOUR, that's what changed me from thinking it was Max after i initially did. Reason why i did is because she sounded quite upset when she said "it's still murder...."
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a strange turn of phrase to say "I can't keep THE secret".

Maybe it's Lucy's secret and writing the message that way was to avoid saying "I can't keep ***HER*** secret."

I have also been wondering for a while if there isn't a large group of characters who are all "in" on Lucy's death.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is it!!!
    Emma wasn't meeting the actual killer but the person involved in the coverup I am sure of it. DTC mentioned using a clever bit of 'trickery' well I think that was it. We are all convinced the murderer is gonna be one of those we saw last night but for me Billy and Lola are still very much in the frame, infact I now strongly believe it was definitely one of them...A Mitchell killing a Beale has all the ingredients of being epic and what the 30th Anniversary is made for.
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how EastEnders has generated so much interest, theory and gossip with a plot thats lasting 10 months, its a true testament to the characters, actors, writers and the passion and drive of Dom.
  • JohnnsmithJohnnsmith Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    She either met up with Jane covering for Masood or the other way round.
  • wh1tew1newh1tew1ne Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I've always thought that funeral director fella is guilty, I reckon it's him.
  • Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robjames69 wrote: »
    I love how EastEnders has generated so much interest, theory and gossip with a plot thats lasting 10 months, its a true testament to the characters, actors, writers and the passion and drive of Dom.

Agreed. I've seen a fair few people make disparaging remarks about DTC's tenure and the Lucy Beale storyline, but I think the viewing figures and countless forum posts speak for themselves. Everyone really does seem to be talking about it
  • Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I've been thinking this too!!

I think Emma met someone who knows who the killer is and is covering for or hiding the killers secret. That person will eventually become the prime suspect to viewers in the coming weeks until the big night when the actual killer is revealed.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Emma met someone who knows who the killer is and is covering for or hiding the killers secret. That person will eventually become the prime suspect to viewers in the coming weeks until the big night when the actual killer is revealed.

but she said on the phone I know you killed lucy? so did she not meet the person she talked to on the phone?
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so too. Imho, Emma met up with Jane who is covering for
    Peter
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I think she could have met with Jay, believing him to be the killer. He then told her it was Abi and that he and Ben helped her by making it look like a mugging.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    wh1tew1ne wrote: »
    I've always thought that funeral director fella is guilty, I reckon it's him.

It'd be such an anti-climax though. That's why I believe it'll be a Beale or a Branning. Everyone else just seems too unimportant or irrelevent.

Lee & the Cokers - Too new and unimportant to the public to be the killers, it'd be such an anticlimax.

Ben, Jay, Whitney - I see no proper reason for Ben or Jay to kill her plus it'd feel like a duplicate of Heather. Whitney could of, but I feel like she's just not been around or in the show enough in the last few months especially to really be the killer. I feel like she was just slotted in last night to put her in the line-up.

Lauren & Peter - Can't see it being Lauren; She'll be leaving the show temporarily and I'm guessing the killers reveal will be the reason. As for Peter, he's also been confirmed to be leaving the show, I doubt they'd do that if he was the killer. The only thing I can see is either he knew who did kill her, or he leaves with Lauren, but just Lauren returns when she's back off of maternity, once again because of the killers reveal.

Ian, Denise, Max, Abi, Jane, Cindy - Seems almost certain to me it's one of these. If I had to rank them, I'd say one of the females.
    soap-lea wrote: »
    but she said on the phone I know you killed lucy? so did she not meet the person she talked to on the phone?

It's possible she met a person who was involved, thinking they were the killer. However, once they turned up at the park and explained, they were in fact not the killer but was involved in the cover up or an accomplice. Unless there was something I missed.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    I thought it was very unrealistic no one demanded she get checked out by the medics having been hit by the car lol

no one saw her get hit by the car though apart from the occupants who had other things to deal with, Pam and Les asked her if she had been hit and she said she was alright, it Is possible just to be clipped by a car enough to knock you to the ground but not be very injured, no one else saw her go over the bonnet so wouldn't realise how severe the impact actually was

other than the graze on her head she didn't look particularly injured, it was only when she was very dazed and was bleeding from her ear that Max realised she was seriously hurt and drove her to hospital (well I am assuming that is where he was taking her - unless he is Lucy's murderer and is really dumping Emma in the woods :o)
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we assume Emma actually new who done it for certain then what's her motivation for keeping "the secret" if it isn't a Branning that done it.

I think it it was Abbi in a case of mis-identity, she hit Lucy thinking it was Lauren (all that stuff about them wearing uniforms for their company). The death wasn't intended but as a result of Lucy's previous injury. Jay orBen or both helped cover her involvement up.

Or it's someone else that Emma was entangled with from outside the square, her ex for instance. As I said, why keep the secret for anyone else on the square.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when Emma was at the cafe and Alek walked in, her phone rang and she went outside to take the call

we then cut to a view of Emma from a camera angle from the inside of a car - the wing mirror was clearly visable and it looked like a blue car..............

Roxy has a blue car........
    Jane has a blue car.......

Is this significant?

To me, it looked like the whoever Emma was on the phone too outside the cafe, was inside the car
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a big clue we need to look out for? :o:confused:

I'm convinced that Emma met up with somebody covering for the killer. No the actual killer themselves which to me implies that there are at least two people involved. Makes this so much more interesting as to what actually happened to Lucy :o

I think maybe Abi met up covering for Max, Lee for Whitney or Jane for Peter. To me, Emma's reaction to being with Max after she met up with the 'killer' was like she hasn't seen him all day.

What do other people think?

I cannot believe that this dimwit has actually solved a crime.