Options

Why do Atheist care what god thinks of them when they when they reject him?

Comments

• Options
    WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_kenn wrote: »
    Shapes of the earth being an ostrich like egg is a perfect description that earth is not completely round like a ball, its slightly flattened from pole and bulging at the centure. Greeks did not know this lol.

Except the shape of an Ostrich egg is quite distinct on account of being pointed at one end. The Earth is not.

Were they trying to say it was a slightly flattened sphere, they would have likened it to something that shape, not something that was a different shape. Maybe a satsuma, but certainly not an egg.

Might as well have claimed it was a cuboid with bevelled edges as an Ostrich egg: it's the wrong shape.

And you still can't find a reputable source for mountains having roots that actually supports your point, I see.
  • Options
    david_kenndavid_kenn Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    Except the shape of an Ostrich egg is quite distinct on account of being pointed at one end. The Earth is not.

Were they trying to say it was a slightly flattened sphere, they would have likened it to something that shape, not something that was a different shape. Maybe a satsuma, but certainly not an egg.

Might as well have claimed it was a cuboid with bevelled edges as an Ostrich egg: it's the wrong shape.

And you still can't find a reputable source for mountains having roots that actually supports your point, I see.

here is the earth shape
    http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2002-217

Ostrich egg
    http://www.teawea.com/scrambled-ostrich-egg/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANyway its a fact that mountain has roots as Frank press has revealed it, regarding Embryology in Quran, did Greeks know the semens originated in the seminal vesicle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why repeat what I said last night, disproving you?
    So you're saying the Qur'an was wrong then?
    Ostrich egg:
    http://kitchenmusingsblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/6a00d83451bb1e69e200e554fe4da88834-pi.jpg

Shape of the Earth:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0ZjSuDS84dI/TUaewyAKhWI/AAAAAAAAAHA/YmZ8rVSmShY/s320/pole.bmp

As you can see, the Earth is almost spherical. It is only very slightly flattened by centrifugal force. An Ostrich egg is a different shape, with a slightly pointed end.
    They are different shapes. Ostrich eggs are pointed. Why post something that disproves your claim? :D
    ANyway its a fact that mountain has roots as Frank press has revealed it
    Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more true. You were asked for proof. The link you posted didn't support your claim, so you were asked to try again.

I take it you gave up when you realised you couldn't?
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Come on here find atheists banging on about believers and what they think they believe.
    Go to church, I find believers who never mention atheists.
    Funny, that.
    Hilarious. Do you like chalk on toast?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why repeat what I said last night, disproving you?
    They are different shapes. Ostrich eggs are pointed. Why post something that disproves your claim? :D

Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more true. You were asked for proof. The link you posted didn't support your claim, so you were asked to try again.

I take it you gave up when you realised you couldn't?

NASA link clearly shows the earth is more like an ostrich egg, ostrich egg its funny you can't swallow the fact that quran did not say earth is a ball but has a bulgding centre and flattened pole.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    archiver wrote: »

Indeed it is. :D

Who has always been telling me I will burn in undendurable agony in Hell forever for not believing in their fantasy bullshit then?

It is a total mystery. :confused: ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your post doesn't seem to have any mountain-root-proof again, David.
    NASA link clearly shows the earth is more like an ostrich egg

Then I'm sure you can tell me which bit of the Earth NASA says is the pointy bit?

What's that? You can't? You can't because it doesn't have a pointy bit? It doesn't have a pointy bit because it's a different shape to an Ostrich egg?

I see. Thought so.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANyway its a fact that mountain has roots as Frank press has revealed it, regarding Embryology in Quran, did Greeks know the semens originated in the seminal vesicle?

plants have roots because they are plants that grow.
    mountains are rock which gets squashed up due to tectonic plate movement or and volcanic activity. or have i missed something?
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plants have roots because they are plants that grow.
    mountains are rock which gets squashed up due to tectonic plate movement or and volcanic activity. or have i missed something?

Roots, Tectonic plates, same difference to some.:o At least I think we've established the world isn't flat. Egg shaped apparently! :cool: Give up is my advice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your post doesn't seem to have any mountain-root-proof again, David.

Then I'm sure you can tell me which bit of the Earth NASA says is the pointy bit?

What's that? You can't? You can't because it doesn't have a pointy bit? It doesn't have a pointy bit because it's a different shape to an Ostrich egg?

I see. Thought so.

PMSL here :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who has always been telling me I will burn in undendurable agony in Hell forever for not believing in their fantasy bullshit then?

Confusing God with me again! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Confusing God with me again! :cool:

Well you are certainly sadistic enough! :cry::cry::cry:

:D
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember a poster called DSHunter? Around in 2008, thereabouts. Reading this is like revisiting the threads they created; like putting on an old pair of slippers.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?
    To you personally? In a church?
    Really?
    Or hearsay?
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry?
    You've lost me there. Is that some sort of a quaint regional expression.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry?
    You've lost me there. Is that some sort of a quaint regional expression.
    I thought your comparison of a general discussion forum, with a place where people go to worship their god, was a bit like comparing chalk and cheese.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member

They are two different shapes - I am sure that God would not mistake an oblate spheroid (Earth) with a prolate spheroid (eggs)... why are you being so insulting to God?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a poster called DSHunter? Around in 2008, thereabouts. Reading this is like revisiting the threads they created; like putting on an old pair of slippers.

That's who I was thinking of, couldn't remember his name though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you think god would reward you for slandering him and rejecting him?
    Your logic has stumbled a bit here.
    Atheists don't believe God exists, so why would they expect anything from him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?
    To you personally? In a church?
    Really?
    Or hearsay?

It's in the Bible.

Just because Christianity has had to move with the times and you (and others) choose to ignore the more disturbing aspects of your faith (especially the OT).

I would have been burned at the stake only a few centuries ago.

Thank goodness for Science. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    They are two different shapes - I am sure that God would not mistake an oblate spheroid (Earth) with a prolate spheroid (eggs)... why are you being so insulting to God?

The ostrich shape is an image sign that earth is not completely round but has differences. Ostrich egg is the best description.

Also greeks did not know semens originated in seminal vesicle, or that the universe was expanding.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Good spot!

Is this the second coming?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Good spot!

Is this the second coming?
    There must be a queue, we had the 'Christian' one last week. 'Appen God 'imself will be along shortly. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be a queue, we had the 'Christian' one last week. 'Appen God 'imself will be along shortly. :)

I very much doubt it! :p

He has to sort out all the Genocide, Disease, Natural Disasters, War and suffering first.... ;-)
This discussion has been closed.