New Tricks Series 11

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually fell asleep towards the end, :o:blush: something that's never happened before whilst watching NT.
  • ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyable again...10/10 ... loved the scenes with the Sat Nav... was very funny...lol
  • turfmiketurfmike Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Great episode, love the bed scene:D

Gerry's car was back and upgraded with the Sat NAV;-)

The 5 aside football should have been this new walking football for the over 50's
  • turfmiketurfmike Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    MJS wrote: »
    I actually fell asleep towards the end, :o:blush: something that's never happened before whilst watching NT.

May be it was the Champers:)
  • GeenyGeeny Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liked bits with guest stars and the funny sat nav/football bit but overall story not very good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Enjoyed that one, a decent enough episode.

Tom Georgeson would have made a decent replacement for James Bolam a few years ago..

That was real acting tonight, as yes, Tom Georgeson, and Phil Davis brilliant, made all the difference, now if they been signed up, this would have been just as good as the original cast.
    And boy did they show up NL for the poor actor he is...
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, agree with this. We tried it and didn't care for the new actors but we persevered and still didn't like it so we have now giving up watching. It's mainly NL we don't like, unfortunately.

No offense, but if you and others aren't watching any more why are you all still posting in the series 11 thread? You all aren't watching so you can't discuss the episodes, and just moaning about why you don't watch any more is pointless and unfair to posters who come in here to talk about the show that we do watch.

I've always known the boards on DS can be negative, but it seems to have gone into overdrive recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, but if you and others aren't watching any more why are you all still posting in the series 11 thread? You all aren't watching so you can't discuss the episodes, and just moaning about why you don't watch any more is pointless and unfair to posters who come in here to talk about the show that we do watch.

I've always known the boards on DS can be negative, but it seems to have gone into overdrive recently.

Sorry, but negative comments are just as justified as positive ones, or it would be get pretty boring on the forums. And yes I am still watching to see at least some acting from Dennis Waterman, who may not be the best actor, but at least he putting a effort in, unlike NL who comes across as if he can't be bothered, the part where he was meant to get all excited by the slot machines sorry I just did not believe it, but with Phil Davis, you really did believe, when they were acting side by side, the class of his acting made NL look he was in a amateur dramatics play.
    So I I for one will carry on posting, both positive and negative, as I see fit. i really want this to carry on as I love the series, but with falling ratings unless they change some of the cast again, I recon it will last only one more series if that.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad ep last night. Dennis Waterman still seems to be putting his heart into 'Gerry' despite his revelation of leaving NT. But 'Danny' I just don't know about. A totally drab, depressing character if ever there was one. Having seen the great Phil Davis featured I think NT misses a big trick by not including him in UCOS instead of the colourless Danny. What a difference that could have made to the team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Not a bad ep last night. Dennis Waterman still seems to be putting his heart into 'Gerry' despite his revelation of leaving NT. But 'Danny' I just don't know about. A totally drab, depressing character if ever there was one. Having seen the great Phil Davis featured I think NT misses a big trick by not including him in UCOS instead of the colourless Danny. What a difference that could have made to the team.

As well as Phil Davis who would have been brilliant, the actor Tom Georgeson who was in last night's episode would have been great as a replacement. Or what about the wonderful Clive Russell, all a million times better actor than NL.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like next Monday is a two-hander with Denis and Dennis.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »

True.
    ftv wrote: »
    Oh good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hope so, and not to see the boring, NL, really hope the producer's get the hint and get rid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I don't know where you get that idea as Sasha is featured in the preview clip on the BBC website. I also notice that it's yet another episode written by Marston 'Boring' Bloom, so I'm fully expecting it to be dire.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this item in the news whilst it's terrible that the woman died. It reminded me of the NT episode where Someone had died in similar circumstances. then poor Brian got overcome by the fumes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775455/Woman-dies-falling-giant-vat-wine-industrial-cellar-overcome-fumes-loses-balance.html
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something wrong with the basic acting. There are pauses where there shouldn't be. Lots of lines are delivered as if the actor hasn't been listening to the dialogue. It's very am-dram, and sadly the perpetrator is usually Dennis Waterman.

New Tricks used to be carried to a large extent by the brilliance of Alun Armstrong - a seriously good actor. Brian could have been just as tedious as Danny in less talented hands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    saralund wrote: »
    There's something wrong with the basic acting. There are pauses where there shouldn't be. Lots of lines are delivered as if the actor hasn't been listening to the dialogue. It's very am-dram, and sadly the perpetrator is usually Dennis Waterman.

New Tricks used to be carried to a large extent by the brilliance of Alun Armstrong - a seriously good actor. Brian could have been just as tedious as Danny in less talented hands.

I agree on Waterman. Sometimes he shouts his lines but there is no believability. At least that's how it seems to me. However, he does have his genuine moments. I thought the scene were he was trying to convince the lady he wasn't actually a resident of the retirement home was quite sweet and well acted. If he isn't shouting, he can be very good.

Certainly I miss Brian, but I do like Danny. I don't see him as wooden or bland. He seems cautious to me. Hardly surprising given his history with his wife. He reminds me a little bit of Hathaway from Lewis when he starts spouting off his historical tidbits. You can see Danny having fun in those scenes.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04l6zbp
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know Waterman has a bit of a bad rep but every time i have met him i found him to be a decent likeable guy so i'll watch this episode. And James Bolam is not as grumpy as some say ,sure he is a very private person but i have aways fund him quite amiable and i wish he had never left NT.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where you get that idea as Sasha is featured in the preview clip on the BBC website. I also notice that it's yet another episode written by Marston 'Boring' Bloom, so I'm fully expecting it to be dire.

Are you aware this is the same Marston Bloom who stank as an actor, check out 'The Knock'. he created the mega flop 'Harley Street'

But even crap writers do write a good script sometimes so this may be his :D
  • jazzfunksterjazzfunkster Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I thought about a possible replacement for Dennis Waterman in New Tricks, Jimmy Nail starred in a series called Spender and Oz in Auf Wiedersehen Pet. He might be able to add the missing comedic factor, partnering Denis Lawson in the show.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was answering another post. However, I won't be posting again on this thread, which should make you, evidently, very happy. Unfortunately, some other people have posted here why they don't watch any more and they may continue to post here.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another preposterous story yesterday with the old bloke who played the Joanna bashing in the head of the landlord as he short changed him a fiver. Where is Strickland, you never seem to see him these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Only 4.6 million viewers, the lowest rating ever for New Tricks. Approximately 4 million people have switched off compared to this time last year.
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's going to happen to the theme tune when Dennis Waterman leaves I wonder.