Horse Racing 2014

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irish trainer Philip Fenton is due to appear in court this week on charges of possession of anabolic steroids

Fenton trains two recent big winners, Dunguib and Last Instalment.....amongst others
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Ryan Moore returns to the UK racing scene today with two rides at Kempton Park.

In other jockey news former French champion jump jockey David Cottin is set to spend two weeks with Paul Nicholls.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Irish trainer Philip Fenton is due to appear in court this week on charges of possession of anabolic steroids

Fenton trains two recent big winners, Dunguib and Last Instalment.....amongst others

Seems quite amazing that this case dates back over 2 years ago. His trial is due to start at the end of March which will leave him free to have runners at the Festival.

Who is to say that he already knows what his fate will be and hasn't been giving his runners a wee boost over the last 2 years??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Seems quite amazing that this case dates back over 2 years ago. His trial is due to start at the end of March which will leave him free to have runners at the Festival.

Who is to say that he already knows what his fate will be and hasn't been giving his runners a wee boost over the last 2 years??

The case was meant to be today but was adjourned

One of his main festival hopes, The Tullow Tank, has been pulled out by the owners

In other news Epsom have announced that this years Oaks will be run in memory of Sir Henry Cecil with the official race name being 'The Investec Oaks (In Memory of Sir Henry Cecil)'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprinter Sacre to miss Cheltenham - seemingly been working below par at home. Could be the end of his racing career perhaps??
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In other news Epsom have announced that this years Oaks will be run in memory of Sir Henry Cecil with the official race name being 'The Investec Oaks (In Memory of Sir Henry Cecil)'

Nice touch

I wonder whether Lady Cecil will have a contender
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sprinter Sacre to miss Cheltenham - seemingly been working below par at home. Could be the end of his racing career perhaps??

that's bad news.........though I expect there's a lot of people holding ante-post vouchers on other horses that are jumping up and down........:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably. A great career though
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news about Sprinter Sacre, horse was one of the best I've ever seen could have won a King George imo but guess we'll never know now.

The writing was on the wall after the Kempton run, when horses have big issues they never seem to come back the same.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Murtagh retires. That's a pity, he was riding better than ever last season. Someone you wouldn't want to bet against on a big race day in those wide open handicaps on Saturdays. A loss for sure but perhaps he wanted to go out on a high.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Successful gamble in the first at Newbury

Westaway backed in from 10's into 3/1 favourite obliges by 13 lengths
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only the first 5 races on CH4 this year of Cheltenham(im sure they were all on last year or was that Ascot:confused:)
  • kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Only the first 5 races on CH4 this year of Cheltenham(im sure they were all on last year or was that Ascot:confused:)

Ascot showed all the races.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ascot showed all the races.

Yeah was thinking afterwards it probably was.Cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    If you want some horse tips today search my facebook page...Undercover Tipster

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Undercover-Tipster/223464567853597

Or click the link :D Good luck!

Undercover Tipster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep an eye on that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody planning to run the usual Cheltenham Festival tipping contest this year - who is the brains behind it usually??

Any forumites actually going to the whole festival??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody planning to run the usual Cheltenham Festival tipping contest this year - who is the brains behind it usually??

I think tso is doing it........he mentioned on another thread that he'd put it up today

But it'll be hidden away in the 'Sports Forum Games' sub-section.......so you'll have to go on an expedition to find it !

:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1947517

;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone needs a link to watch the non channel 4 races give me a pm(its a permanent racing uk one including weekends)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think tso is doing it........he mentioned on another thread that he'd put it up today

But it'll be hidden away in the 'Sports Forum Games' sub-section.......so you'll have to go on an expedition to find it !

:o

Thanks I looked earlier but couldn't see anything - looks like he is already on the case though.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in backing Hurricane Fly

Just logged into William Hills and they are going 6/1 from 10am in the morning with a maximum stake of a £10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any of the short priced ones that people think are poor value ?

Ones that you'd want to oppose

I think I'd oppose Irving - looks like a speed horse
    and Rock On Ruby - age and lack of competitive chase experience
    and My Tent Or Yours - don't think Cheltenham is his track