Options

Destiny - Xbox One Thread

Comments

• Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have a DS X1 clan set up? Any idea how the clan stuff works in game or is it all just on Bungie.net to check out stats etc?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Do we have a DS X1 clan set up? Any idea how the clan stuff works in game or is it all just on Bungie.net to check out stats etc?

It's all done on bungie.net as far as I can tell :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I've started playing a bit only level 3. A lot of people running about at 10-13. Has anyone played some co-op yet, I get the feeling everyone is running about on their own!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Playing a titan at level 7 so far. Haven't joined up with anyone yet but seen Coggit on :). Generally haven't had much time yet so haven't attempted to group up. Wish we could keep the sword.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    What is everyone running?

Level 13 Warlock
    Level 4 Titan

Will run a Hunter too once I have a spare moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently level 14 Titan, hoping to get to level 15 this afternoon so I can see what choices you get to make with your character that I've read about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know who Vega6Baby (or something like that) is? Not a gamertag I know from DS and they keep inviting me to join them in Destiny for the last couple of days.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dezcore wrote: »
    Playing a titan at level 7 so far. Haven't joined up with anyone yet but seen Coggit on :). Generally haven't had much time yet so haven't attempted to group up. Wish we could keep the sword.

Ohi there :D
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know who Vega6Baby (or something like that) is? Not a gamertag I know from DS and they keep inviting me to join them in Destiny for the last couple of days.

He keeps inviting me as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He keeps inviting me as well

Maybe he is a DS member then, anyone else know?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I think I've added everyone who's left their gamertag here. I'm KennyLFC x so you know it's not a complete stranger. (well, it is kinda...)

I'm running a level 22 Warlock at the moment. Was hoping to hit 25/26 for the Raid on Tuesday but haven't had as much time to commit to grinding as I'd have hoped. There seems to be a fair amount of luck involved at this point too; I've had 2 purple engrams from the Crucible today and 1 from a Strike, and none of them were Legendary items. Meanwhile, a friend of mine jumped from level 22 to 25 when he bought an Exotic helmet from the strange coin vendor - so jealous!

Anyway, I've finished the story missions today so will be mostly playing Strikes and Crucible matches now to get my Vanguard/Crucible ranks up. If anyone fancies taking on the heroic difficulty Strikes to get 3 strange coins let me know. The vendor who you can buy Exotic items from with them is only there on Friday and Saturday so there's nearly a whole week to acquire enough of them now.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I think I've added everyone who's left their gamertag here. I'm KennyLFC x so you know it's not a complete stranger. (well, it is kinda...)

I'm running a level 22 Warlock at the moment. Was hoping to hit 25/26 for the Raid on Tuesday but haven't had as much time to commit to grinding as I'd have hoped. There seems to be a fair amount of luck involved at this point too; I've had 2 purple engrams from the Crucible today and 1 from a Strike, and none of them were Legendary items. Meanwhile, a friend of mine jumped from level 22 to 25 when he bought an Exotic helmet from the strange coin vendor - so jealous!

Anyway, I've finished the story missions today so will be mostly playing Strikes and Crucible matches now to get my Vanguard/Crucible ranks up. If anyone fancies taking on the heroic difficulty Strikes to get 3 strange coins let me know. The vendor who you can buy Exotic items from with them is only there on Friday and Saturday so there's nearly a whole week to acquire enough of them now.

Might be too soon for me that Raid. No amount of grinding is getting me there. A lowly lvl 8 Titan atm. And there's the Horizon 2 Forza Fuel thing this week.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Currently:

Warlock 10
    Titan 3

I tried a bit of Crucible but I'm consistently bottom of the leader board (haven't scored a kill yet!) so I'm pretty hopeless at PvP and probably won't' bother with it.

I was hoping Destiny would be the next Mass Effect (sci-fi RPG) but it's not really anywhere near as immersive as a Bioware game.

I gave up on WOW and SWTOR as I'm not really that into the Online aspect.

I suspect I'll just finish the story for the three classes and leave it at that.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Level 9 Hunter - which doesn't seem a very popular class, any reason why?

When playing the missions I try to keep one level up over the current mission, just so I'm not at a disadvantage ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got my Warlock to level 20 yesterday - now the fun begins.

Got some rare armour now and one rare weapon (shame its a fusion rifle) - Might join Dead Orbit or New Monarchy, but does anyone know if you stop earning Vanguard/Crucible XP for bounties and multiplayer, as it sounds like it instead goes to DO/NM according to the in game text? Might be worth sticking with V/C for the time being if that is the case.

Just need to do the last few story missions and then the various strike missions with a few team mates and hopefully I can rack up the Light Orbs, Strange Coins and other exotic bits and bobs needed to get the best armour/guns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Level 9 Hunter - which doesn't seem a very popular class, any reason why?

When playing the missions I try to keep one level up over the current mission, just so I'm not at a disadvantage ;-)

Was playing the missions at 'correct' level but switching up to hard until I got to the Moon. Awakening the Hive on hard at lvl 7 was a mistake and had to drop back to normal. Choosing an LMG as my first heavy weapon was also a mistake. Have a rocket launcher now though.

Did my first Strike last night in Russia. I swear some people haven't come across a Devil Walker. The two randoms I played with were just shooting the body and tackling the mobs and left me to take out 5 of the 6 legs >:(. Other than that they were good at mob control and reviving and only had to respawn once when I got over-excited taking out the DW's final leg and took a direct hit from its main cannon :blush:.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Got my Warlock to level 20 yesterday - now the fun begins.

Got some rare armour now and one rare weapon (shame its a fusion rifle) - Might join Dead Orbit or New Monarchy, but does anyone know if you stop earning Vanguard/Crucible XP for bounties and multiplayer, as it sounds like it instead goes to DO/NM according to the in game text? Might be worth sticking with V/C for the time being if that is the case.

Yeah any vanguard/crucible XP you earn will go to the faction you're part of, as long as you're wearing their wristband thingy. I did that early so I could focus all my XP on getting my faction rank up to 2 rather than leveling up my vanguard/crucible ranks separately.

I'm now a level 24 and managed to grab an exotic rocket launcher yesterday. Would much rather have got a piece of armour as I'm still stuck with all rare armour. I'm usually finishing in the top 3 in the crucible and I've done so many strikes now but just not getting lucky with drops/rewards. :( 500 XP to go until I'm rank 2 with my faction and then I can at least buy a piece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been trying for the last couple of days to get above level 21, but having no luck in getting any decent armour with a high light rating.

I seem to recall the raid is for level 24 and above, anyone know if that is a requirement or just recommended level?

I've seen a few DS'ers the last few nights in 3 man Strike teams so not had the chance to join anyone from here yet (since the team is full). Would be nice to try a raid tonight since it allows up to 6 people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying for the last couple of days to get above level 21, but having no luck in getting any decent armour with a high light rating.

I seem to recall the raid is for level 24 and above, anyone know if that is a requirement or just recommended level?

I've seen a few DS'ers the last few nights in 3 man Strike teams so not had the chance to join anyone from here yet (since the team is full). Would be nice to try a raid tonight since it allows up to 6 people.

I think the 'guy' said you can join but you'll find it very difficult. But I suppose if you have everyone else at 26 you could ride their coat tails...?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a596928/destiny-launches-vault-of-glass-level-26-raid-on-venus.html#~oQ1YKjnHP6kzjk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it marks events a "impossible" if they are to many levels above your current character level.

But you can still play them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a quick look at some people that are higher than my level, their defence rating doesn't see much higher than mine. What makes the real difference here to which I wouldn't stand much of a chance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching some Twitch feeds of the raid, this looks hard but a lot of fun!
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be online with the Xbox One and Destiny by Friday.

GT: c00kie w00kie72
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be online with the Xbox One and Destiny by Friday.

GT: c00kie w00kie72

You back on Xbox, I still have you on my friends, you been offline for months :D welcome back though.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone having trouble playing? Keep being told I need tro connect to Xbox Live to play :-/!

edit: Just got an update for it, and issue resolved.