How windy is it where you are ?

curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Here in East Anglia, the wind is steadily increasing with some quite strong gusts, accompanied by heavy rain. So far I can't see any trees blown down in my locality !

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was dreading today but its stunning here yes its windy but the sun is out and a lovely drying day
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The occasional gusts here in Leeds and spurts of rain too.

I'm doing some volunteering work at lunch time outside so hoping it stays away but the forecast isn't good.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    35.4 km/h according to my weather app.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    I was dreading today but its stunning here yes its windy but the sun is out and a lovely drying day

I keep looking at the black clouds coming over here in Kent, lovely drying day but I'm not sure if I should even brave putting the washing out. I could be doing a lot of dashing in and out inbetween the rain showers... Although my weather app on the dresser says it's going to rain.. Very windy though, although the front looks worse than the back of the house for some strange reason..lol

Yikes wish I hadn't looked at my phone's weather app - 60mph gusts. No wonder it looks windy outside..lol
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty gusty here....its snowing leaves by the bucket load and the bloke over the road has been chasing down some of the building materials he has for his new extension.
  • Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How windy is it where you are ?

Onion bhajii, samosa and chicken madras for dinner last night.

Very.

It's also breezy outdoors I noticed.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was much windier on Sunday than it is here today.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    A gentle breeze and bright sunshine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little bit of a breeze here but lovely and sunny.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just started chucking it down here in Leicestershire, but not particularly windy yet.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Right now it's around 12 knots.
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Cheshire.

Sky full of black cloud.
    Absolutely pouring down.
    Very windy.
    Drives, lawns and flower beds covered in leaves.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    The occasional gusts here in Leeds and spurts of rain too.

Same here near Newark. I've got to walk into town later, so I hope it's stopped by then.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in Blackpool, it's very windy right now. Bins were tipping over all the up the street to my daughter's school. The news says the gusts are up to 70 mph, I can believe it.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/wild-weather-batters-fylde-coast-1-6907159
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suns blazing here in Houghton-le-Spring, the Nth East, it is windy, but nowhere near as bad as they were saying, id say it was just strong, gusty, nice day by all accounts.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Pretty bad here on the South coast.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing happening at all here. Kinda disappointed, could do with a bit of wind and rain.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very wet and cold with the occasional heavy gust
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a few crashes/overturned lorries due to wind here in Cambridgeshire: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-29700674 - also, a few trees blown down from what I've read, too.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty breezy here but it is nice and sunny.

Just had a pretty strong gust but it's not too bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Little bit of a breeze here but lovely and sunny.

Similar in Northumberland. :) In fact we've had this weather most of the time the powers that be have told us to "batten down the hatches". But then the weather up here in the real north is never as bad as Midlanders and Southerners seem to think, and certainly not as bad as the weather forecasters would have us believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very intermittent here now, sunny and calm one minute then very windy and rainy the next.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman killed by Falling Tree in Kensington, London.

RIP.

Bit of a shocker that, didn't think London would be badly affected, especially central London
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had short intense hail shower.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny with brief spouts of rain and very very very windy. Not hardcore levels of wind as yet but certainly bad enough. I had to go to an interview out in it :o