Daily Star Voting Leak

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    So Digital Spy say:

Digital Spy users have voted Fleur East as their favourite act to win this weekend's X Factor final.

Over 37,000 readers took part in the poll, which saw East secure 58.8% of the overall vote.

Again doesn't seem to make sense with the Daily Star leak. Tellymix poll has Fleur clear too with over 8000 votes
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I post it on here?

use gyazo.com . As a fellow betfair exchange trader/better I'm extremely impressed by greening up £550 before the final, so well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Digital Spy say:

Digital Spy users have voted Fleur East as their favourite act to win this weekend's X Factor final.

Over 37,000 readers took part in the poll, which saw East secure 58.8% of the overall vote.

Again doesn't seem to make sense with the Daily Star leak. Tellymix poll has Fleur clear too with over 8000 votes

I see what you are saying but I think multiple voting this year due to tablets etc. means that there is going to be so much variance from polls because loads of people vote more than once but in polls you can only vote once.
  • TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Digital Spy say:

I'm starting they got Fleur and Ben mixed up :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    use gyazo.com . As a fellow betfair exchange trader/better I'm extremely impressed by greening up £550 before the final, so well done!

Well I got on Fleur at 40's, and Ben at 6.8. Fleur was my biggest win, but after reading the Daily Star leak, I greened out. I did regret not piling into Ben at 3.65 at the time, but I wasn't sure how much attention people would pay to the leak. I still might have a good bet on Fleur at 2.7ish, I can see her performing well (like last week) and her being backed, then I will trade off at around evens
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting they got Fleur and Ben mixed up :p

This is what I am thinking lol.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I got on Fleur at 40's, and Ben at 6.8. Fleur was my biggest win, but after reading the Daily Star leak, I greened out. I did regret not piling into Ben at 3.65 at the time, but I wasn't sure how much attention people would pay to the leak. I still might have a good bet on Fleur at 2.7ish, I can see her performing well (like last week) and her being backed, then I will trade off at around evens

This sounds wise to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice strategy, can't you post a screenie? PM me if you want I'd love to chat more about exchange betting.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    The odds for Ben have drastically gone in his favour! Is this because of the leak?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    The odds for Ben have drastically gone in his favour! Is this because of the leak?

Yes. :)
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Is this the only leak of the series? I'm a bit suspicious about the timing of this, I can't remember them ever leaking a result so close to the final. Just can't work out if this a time where they have thrown in a false result or whether it's true but then why do it on the day of the final and ruin the tension of the results.

Either way it's balanced my bet fair out nicely , was chuffed when I checked it today
  • TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe the leak anymore. I know Daily Star always get it right, but I believe this leak is rubbish. Dermot kept mentioning last night that it's the closest final ever, so surely he wouldn't have been told to say that if Ben really is getting twice as many votes as Fleur.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »
    Anyway, usually the Star are pretty accurate I think. Doing some research atm. They were bang on in 2012
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/281344/Christopher-Maloney-getting-double-the-votes-of-other-acts

This could of course be a ploy by Cowell to get people to vote for Fleur, as I must say 50% does seem very high

They've been correct with every single other 'vote leak' story (Rachel Adedeji topping week 3, Eoghan topping certain weeks etc
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would LMAO if fleur topped this week and last week.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So have the very reliable Star got any voting leaks today?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I would LMAO if fleur topped this week and last week.

Same :D but Ben going to win sadly.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They lied about it
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    They lied about it

Or maybe whoever leaked it, inflated the Ben % to awaken the Fleur vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe whoever leaked it, inflated the Ben % to awaken the Fleur vote.

They also claimed lauren was bottom
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the main point remains, he was significantly ahead and DESPITE the "OMG UPTOWN FUNK! was amazing!" hysteria she didn't win that week and if she couldn't win that week then she had virtually zero chance of winning tonight
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No they didn't, they didn't even mention Lauren or Andrea:

We can reveal that the van driver is storming ahead in the votes.

But all eyes are on his rival Fleur East as many believe that she has already got the victory in the bag.

However, top secret voting records, seen by the Daily Star, reveal that Ben picked up 50% of the votes in last week’s semi-final – more than double those cast for Fleur.

The news blows the competition wide open because, while Fleur is grabbing the headlines, Ben, 29, is the firm favourite with fans at home. Fleur, 26, only managed to pick up 22% of the vote last weekend.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/415083/Ben-Haenow-new-favourite-win-X-Factor

The percentage was off, as many suspected, but the leak itself was clearly accurate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/415083/Ben-Haenow-new-favourite-win-X-Factor

The percentage was off, as many suspected, but the leak itself was clearly accurate.

read the OP
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »

Someone elsewhere pointed out that it may have been misunderstood, as Ben got 50% more votes than Fleur which may be where the 50% came from.

He was still beating her by a long way, which is the important part.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    They probably have a source at the telephone company. Probably don't have one for the app.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Was almost certainly the phone votes not the app votes. Would suggest the reason their figures for Ben and Andrea were higher (more popular with the older audience)