Cheryl To Pre-Record Her Performance On X Factor

ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
Forum Member
✭✭
X Factor bosses have confirmed to the media that Cheryl will pre-record her Sunday performance earlier in the day as there is a huge set and costume change and the staging wont be able to be moved quickly on the night.
In other words we can expect the usual tricks from the sound engineers to make it seem as if she is singing live and definitely not miming. ;-)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    They pre-record quite a few performances.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And she will do the same annoying legs-wide-apart-half-squats choreographed moves surrounded by a pack of dancers moving in formation that we see over and over ad nauseum.....
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see that coming , honest
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised here .. She needs people to fix her live vocal too !
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's to make sure they can over-dub the flat parts.

A lot of performers do it now.
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see that coming , honest

*snicker* ;-)
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be very interesting to see how they schedule this. After all, XF main Saturday show is live until 10pm, when it's immediately followed by a live broadcast Xtra Factor until 11pm. If they need the studio audience to stay for her performance as well, that's keeping them so, so late. The only way to do it is to move Xtra Factor's talky bits to a different part of the studio, so they can record her performance whilst the other show is broadcasting. it depends on what the latest time requirements are, at the studios, for them to have all the audience out of the doors. Lots of these studios have very strict 'no public audience filming after a certain time' rules. The only alternative is for her to record before the Sunday show goes live, but after the audience has been brought in. I can't remember who they said was the second act they had next week. They're certainly going to have to go live!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Many acts pre record and don't get half the stick cheryl gets. I admit she isn't the best singer in the world but she knows this herself and at least puts loads of effort into performance and dancing.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't sing at all, not surprising. Queen Nicole is going to slay her with LIVE vocals.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's to make sure they can over-dub the flat parts.

A lot of performers do it now.

They don't need to overdub the flat parts. They just pre-record a 'live' vocal and she can mime along to that.

I used to work on a popular television music show and while this practice wasn't the norm (most who sang 'live' actually did so), every now and again and act would come along and do this. We're talking ten years ago now though so for all I know it's become much more prevalent.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    She can't sing at all, not surprising. Queen Nicole is going to slay her with LIVE vocals.

Will she slay the charts though? Questionable.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's halloween next week so that explains why Cheryl is singing!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    dizzie wrote: »
    It'll be very interesting to see how they schedule this. After all, XF main Saturday show is live until 10pm, when it's immediately followed by a live broadcast Xtra Factor until 11pm. If they need the studio audience to stay for her performance as well, that's keeping them so, so late. The only way to do it is to move Xtra Factor's talky bits to a different part of the studio, so they can record her performance whilst the other show is broadcasting. it depends on what the latest time requirements are, at the studios, for them to have all the audience out of the doors. Lots of these studios have very strict 'no public audience filming after a certain time' rules. The only alternative is for her to record before the Sunday show goes live, but after the audience has been brought in. I can't remember who they said was the second act they had next week. They're certainly going to have to go live!

When they pre-record performances they either do it on a Saturday afternoon a few weeks before or on a Sunday afternoon before the results show. They usually use a different audience and the judges change into the clothes they'll be wearing on the night.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    And she will do the same annoying legs-wide-apart-half-squats choreographed moves surrounded by a pack of dancers moving in formation that we see over and over ad nauseum.....

And not once moce the microphone from in front of her mouth so people can't critique her miming skills.
    It's halloween next week so that explains why Cheryl is singing!!!!

"Singing"
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    And not once moce the microphone from in front of her mouth so people can't critique her miming skills.

"Singing"

Sorry meant miming ;-)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder whether she'll wear a Frankenstein mask or something to help disguise her mouth moving.
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I wonder whether she'll wear a Frankenstein mask or something to help disguise her mouth moving.

Her nose will get in the way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    If she miraculously sings live in parts auto tune will be in overdrive
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    X Factor bosses have confirmed to the media that Cheryl will pre-record her Sunday performance earlier in the day as there is a huge set and costume change and the staging wont be able to be moved quickly on the night.

...and she can't sing.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Hahah no surprises here

Now I quite liked her in Girls aloud but ive said all along her solo career is embarrassing

The folk who help her get to number one should stop being sheep
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why this is seen as such a big problem with people. Cheryl's always pre recorded her performance an hour before the results show goes out on Sunday, its so she can get changed out of her performance clothes and focus on the actual judging aspect of the show
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears mimed on the XF UK as well didn't she, and she's an international pop star. So Cheryl can't really be faulted here.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    I don't see why this is seen as such a big problem with people. Cheryl's always pre recorded her performance an hour before the results show goes out on Sunday, its so she can get changed out of her performance clothes and focus on the actual judging aspect of the show

What judging aspect of the show on Sunday? There is nothing to judge apart from the sing-off which happens in the last 15mins of the show. That's hardly a stretch! She only has to say a couple of lines!
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Britney Spears mimed on the XF UK as well didn't she, and she's an international pop star. So Cheryl can't really be faulted here.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

They are both lazy, fame hungry, money chasing talent avoiders who cheat their own fans to fund their extravagant lifestyles.

If people refused to buy their mimed noises, it might force record companies to invest in some decent artists.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »

Of course, this is Cheryl we're talking about...on DigitalSpy nonetheless. Even if she sang pitch perfect ,live on the show, people would still find fault.