Options

What PC software do I need for making dvd chapters

Hi,
I have a Sony DVD recorder to record the TV programs and a dvd writer in the pc. I want to be able to produce a nice dvd with chapters for the different tv programs that I have recorded, really to make a nice presentation.
So what software will I need for the pc, and is it expensive?
Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. :)

Comments

• Options
    MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Nero 6 and Roxio Easy CD can split films into chapters. You can put them where you want or get it to search itself for scene changes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TMPGEnc DVD Author is what I use for this sort of thing.

Then I burn with Nero that came free with my burner, TMPGEnc is about 30 quid so pretty cheap considering, it is very simple and can can create menus and submenus. you can do some basic editting of your clips too.
  • Options
    webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need some dvd authouring software like Ulead dvd movie factory. You can get a free trial by buying a magazine with the software on a cover disk, or download from www.ulead.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    DVDLab Pro does a really professional job. Unfortunately it's a professional price too, but they allow you to download it for a free trial. Get it here:
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html
  • Options
    Lord_LucanLord_Lucan Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for all the replies, I will have a look at all the various suggestions.