Man United Supporters Thread (Part 26)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,737
Administrator
The City game we outplayed them, but found ourselves 2-0 at half time. I don't think anyone was really surprised that we won by the end.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1624044

Comments

• Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,784
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Welcome to the jungle!!!!:D
    • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Another new thread - whoo whoo :) - Number 26 :)
    • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
      Forum Member
      If it weren't for the Chelsea comeback I'd say the lack of heart and guts on this team is troubling.

We've been whacked and whacked often. The City, Newcastle, Basel 2nd half, and tonight have all been troubling signs that I think the team morale just drops the moment we go down. It could be complacency but I think we've gotten worse from last season and it's showing.

It's no shock we went out in the CL and no shock we went out in the EL. We aren't even a top 5 European club and we probably aren't even the best team in the PL even as we stand top of the table.

I'm not bothered too much by going out of the EL, the way we've been losing matches has been a big sore point for me.

Oh well, I think we've won every league match after losing a European game this season. There's that!

Personally I completely disagree with the first parts of this. For me this team does have the guts and heart, I'm not sure why guts and heart are so often brought up when a team fails. It's simple for me, in Europe we simply didn't perform to the level that we can. I don't think it really has anything to do with guts and heart.

It also showed again against Bilbao that when we go down, we start to play in a completely different gear, stepping up our game on most occasions. We went down to Bilbao and the minute we did we started to actually play and bomb forward. Same when we were level at Norwich, the minute that happened we completely dominated and threw everything at them. I think this is the case on most occasions that we've been behind this season. For me we need to begin to play like this more consistently. Start playing this way before we're behind. If we can do that, we can do real damage.

Going to be a bit of a shame IF we were to win the title and people claim we were 'lucky', the PL has gone down, we only won because the other teams didn't perform well etc etc add another twenty laughable excuses. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's a lot of youth within this team and there's no need to rush, we need to be patient and allow these young players to continue to learn and improve their game. Sure, doing great in Europe would please us all, but we're out and to be quite honest so be it. It's not the end of the world, it's a learning curve. We learn from this, grow as a unit and come back stronger. We really shouldn't be so greedy and over board. Some of our European performances haven't been good enough this season, that's not what we wanted to see, but it's happened. We build on this and we stay positive, because we've got so many great things to look forward to not just right now but for the future too.

I honestly do believe we're in the process of building a top squad (which in all honesty it already is), patience is all that is needed.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
      Forum Member
      what happened to fabrice muamba ? i don't have espn that's why i'm asking the question.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      No idea, game stopped, looks bad :(
    • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,531
      Forum Member
      He suffered a heart attack and is in hospital. :(

Just awful news to hear.
    • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
      Forum Member
      matth10 wrote: »
      what happened to fabrice muamba ? i don't have espn that's why i'm asking the question.

He collapsed on the pitch. We saw him on the ground, on his stomach and he looked like he was struggling to breathe. Someone turned him on his side ... and that was all they showed. The commentator said the medical staff from both teams had run on the pitch, and said they were keeping the camera at a distance, so we didn't see anything else.
      That was obviously because they were continually trying to resucitate him because he'd stopped breathing.

The fact they were doing it for nearly 10 minutes and were still doing it when he was taken off the pitch might not be a positive sign.

A BBC commentator said he was in the tunnel when he was taken past him and, as he put it, 'he was fighting for his life'
    • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
      Forum Member
      I am actually a bit teary watching tv I can't shake the Muamba thing. I'm constantly checking Twitter for some good news :(
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Apparantly Sky Sports have just said he is in a stable condidtion in hospital

Thank Goodness.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm hearing that he is stable. It felt awful during the wait for news about him :(
    • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,471
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank Goodness.

Joey, who won the youth game last night ? I missed the second half !!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Joey, who won the youth game last night ? I missed the second half !!

We lost 2-1 Sleeps.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We lost 2-1 Sleeps.

Thanks joey .........better luck nxt time !;)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks joey .........better luck nxt time !;)

Cheers Sleeps, we have a very young youth team this year, I didnt expect us to get this far really, so its been a bit of a bonus.

Have another go next time. :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cheers Sleeps, we have a very young youth team this year, I didnt expect us to get this far really, so its been a bit of a bonus.

Have another go next time. :)

I'm not to sure, but I think the chelsea no.9 was the bloke they nicked from us, I wont even attempt to spell his name!! :p:D
      Forum Member
      So so happy that Muamba appears to be on the mend.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm not to sure, but I think the chelsea no.9 was the bloke they nicked from us, I wont even attempt to spell his name!! :p:D

Oh I know who you mean, I cant spell his name either :p:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      JoTaylor wrote: »
      So so happy that Muamba appears to be on the mend.

Me too. its really good news.
    • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Me too. its really good news.

He's in a critical condition so it's better news when you consider the treatment he got off the paramedics on the pitch.

Those people are worthy of the name 'heroes'.

That word is is far too easily flung about without any real thought to it's true meaning.:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      He's in a critical condition so it's better news when you consider the treatment he got off the paramedics on the pitch.

Those people are worthy of the name 'heroes'.

That word is is far too easily flung about without any real thought to it's true meaning.:)

Defantly, they do a damm damm good job, I heard a cardioligist was up in the top tier of one of the stands and came to assist.

Everyone will see today what a good job paramedics do.

Come on Fabrice.
    • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
      Forum Member
      I've just got back in the last 10 or 15 minutes from the BBC where I should still be for the 606 sports relief special, which they delayed, taped a Q&A with Savage, Dublin and Vaughan and then some music. It was due to stay on till 1am, however with the Muamba situation, 606 didn't run. They kept everyone informed of what was going on, and had they heard anything we'd hear about it straight away.

Whilst it was the correct thing to do, under the circumstances what was to be a fun night ended up a rather flat night, I think it was Comedy Dave who ended up hosting, or should we say winging it. It was enjoyable, but obviously not the night we all had planned.

At least I'll get priority for the next show they do as they said it was such a mish mash of stuff and not what they wanted. I dread to think what they'll use out of the show if anything for the Sport's Relief Night, perhaps Badly Drawn Boy singing I guess.
    • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Thank Goodness.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1641800&page=21
      Forum Member
      Just thinking about our position in the league and realised that it's that Chelsea fightback from the 3-0 to grab that point that's put us back top.
    • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      If we win today I think the psychological boost of being four points clear will have an impact on City when they play Chelsea. It'll still mean they have that game in hand, obviously, at least before they kick off. But I think after MONTHS of being on top I think knowing that even if they win, they'll still be a point off in second, I think could be an interesting psychological challenge for them.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
      Forum Member
      JoTaylor wrote: »
      Just thinking about our position in the league and realised that it's that Chelsea fightback from the 3-0 to grab that point that's put us back top.

I was thinking that, people will say the goal at norwich was important in the title race but for me that game at stamford bridge will prove crucial i remember sir alex ferguson saying after the game that it was 2 points dropped but i disagree with him, in my opinion that's 1 point gained and the way we fought back from 3-0 down that afternoon was incredible.
    This discussion has been closed.