American Idol Top 3 Live Show + Results Discussion

2»

Comments

• rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    seriously ?

of the three shes the one that I thought has looked most relevant to todays music , her best performances have been when shes been singing up to date songs whereas Candice has shone on older style songs imo

Candice's standout song tonight was a musical theatre staple

Angie's standout song tonight was a modern pop song

Angie was dreadful at Try,she sounded super screechy in parts. Particularly bad was the part just before the second chorus. Her best performance was sorry seems to be the hardest word which is hardly new but was her least musical theater style performance.

Kree and Candice are effortless in their performances, the fact its the semi final and Angie's choice of outfit was a serious critique of a performance was a bit odd.

Angie I think will have the more all round career, a bit of TV and singing, she's marketable and could do kids TV etc whereas I think Kree and Candice are more likely to have a serious and potentially credible music career.

I think a Kree and Candice final would be more interesting also. If its Angie v Candice or Kree , I would assume Candice or Kree as definite winner.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disappointed at result, another ultra conservative winner on the cards.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Angie is far too Mickey Mouse Club for my taste. I do like Kree, but in the last couple of weeks I feel she has drifted a bit. Candice is clearly the standout act this year. If she doesn't win, there's something far wrong.

I can't believe somebody sang One on a TV talent show and nobody even mentioned U2.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »

Agreed
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »

To be fair the whole top 10 this year have been pretty conservative from what I remember (although some of them like to shoot their mouths off on twitter sometimes :D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angie was dreadful at Try,she sounded super screechy in parts. Particularly bad was the part just before the second chorus. Her best performance was sorry seems to be the hardest word which is hardly new but was her least musical theater style performance.

Kree and Candice are effortless in their performances, the fact its the semi final and Angie's choice of outfit was a serious critique of a performance was a bit odd.

Angie I think will have the more all round career, a bit of TV and singing, she's marketable and could do kids TV etc whereas I think Kree and Candice are more likely to have a serious and potentially credible music career.

I think a Kree and Candice final would be more interesting also. If its Angie v Candice or Kree , I would assume Candice or Kree as definite winner.

Agree about Angie. I didn't mind her last night but I hate when she goes into her upper register - she sounds horrible.

Kree has been losing steam for a while though but some people have said that the studio versions of her performances are really good (I haven't listen to them yet though). Maybe that's why she's getting the votes?
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kree's eyebrows. No really.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont comment on the result (which I watched this morning) but it's terrible that Kree was thrown under a bus again with terrible song choices and bad comments,even though I think she's awful ("Miley" is my fave).
    Kree had a huge sob story to battle the judges with though and I'm sure she also gained thousands of votes by having her BFF Kacey Musgraves in the audience as she's huge just now in the Country scene in the States.
    This is the first Idol since S2 that I've not watched all the way through, only watching performances from top 5 and full shows from there on in. I may return for a whole season next year though if all the judges are new, as mentioned online.
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Yikes - I thought Angie was sure to be in the final from the beginning she was the fav to win. Online polls were showing that Kree was going to leave. Maybe that hometown video of Kree gave her more votes, oh well. Candice will win, I am certain of that.
    no doubt it did but shes also a country singer which is a massive vote puller in america
    Forum Member
    I'm very happy with that top two. They would have been my choice. Candice has to win, though.
  • kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Chuffed to bits - albeit very surprised - with the results. Can't wait for next week now - anyone else excited that AL is gonna be on?

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • DixDix Posts: 78,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, saw result's show on the +1, when we got back.

Re Angie, think she felt she would win from all the hype she got from the judges, so her fall was heavy, and although was glad she left, I did feel sorry for her

. I blame the judges for how they judge when they should tell the truth, so that a contestant stays grounded, and not given the impression they are so special that they have it in the bag.

Also thought that when Angie was singing the song before leaving, and breaking down so heavily, that Candice and Kree should hve gone over to her to offer some support, unless they had reasons for not doing that.

I've seen other booters sing their last song with a lot of emotion many times in AI, but Angie's emotion was the strongest.

Wish her well, although was never a fan of her style, and hopefully she'll grow.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kree will always get the all important Mid-west votes. Just like the past "white boy with guitar" winners did all these years. With the powerful sob story thrown in, she pretty much had it in the bag.
  • David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Dix, don't believe Angie was good enough to do what Haley Reinhart did. Haley used the sing off to demonstrate how stupid most of the judges and audience were. So Angie may as well have had a good cry.
    Forum Member
    I didn't like Angie but I too felt sorry for her last night. Suddenly I saw how young she really was. Right result, though.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dix wrote: »

. I blame the judges for how they judge when they should tell the truth, so that a contestant stays grounded, and not given the impression they are so special that they have it in the bag.

Great comment Dix.
    A few weeks ago I first noticed the judges gushing with praise for performances which were very ordinary indeed.
    Emperor's New Clothes....
    That was the point that I realised to my astonishment that I actually missed Simon Cowell.
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Kree has been my fav all along, I was disgusted at the way she was thrown under the bus by the Judges. Angie never appealed to me, but am sure she will do well in Musical Theatre. Candice has a great voice but there is just somrthing missing for me overall, overjoyed with the the result and hoping next weeks song choices will suit Kree and make her the Winner.:)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    maringar wrote: »
    Kree has been my fav all along, I was disgusted at the way she was thrown under the bus by the Judges. Angie never appealed to me, but am sure she will do well in Musical Theatre. Candice has a great voice but there is just somrthing missing for me overall, overjoyed with the the result and hoping next weeks song choices will suit Kree and make her the Winner.:)

What are you talking about? Kree was thrown under the bus by the judges - in what way? She got universal praise for her 2nd song. She was given some constructive critique for her 1st and 3rd songs - they told her to get a bit looser. Which is what they've been telling her all season but she's just not listened. She never loses herself in the music like Angie and Candice do. She never sings with that passion which Angie and Candice preform with, so fair enough if the judges said that.

I hate it when people say this, if someone gets a bit of critique then the judges are the bad guys. It's what judges do. Also Angie has not been pimped like Candice and Amber have and actually like Kree has for pretty much all of the season. Angie got the worse slots for the second week in a row unlike Kree who has been getting the favorable slots.

I'm shocked that Kree's been let through. She's such an underwhelming performer and she sounds like any other country star. Angie had something special about her.

Also some people over-exaggerate Kree's vocal prowess. Ever heard Janis's Piece of my Heart - compare with Kree's version. Kree does not do it even a bit of justice. Now listen to Julie London's Cry Me a River and now listen to Angie's. Angie does such justice to the song...it seems like some people haven't actually heard these songs before.
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    What are you talking about? Kree was thrown under the bus by the judges - in what way? She got universal praise for her 2nd song. She was given some constructive critique for her 1st and 3rd songs - they told her to get a bit looser. Which is what they've been telling her all season but she's just not listened. She never loses herself in the music like Angie and Candice do. She never sings with that passion which Angie and Candice preform with, so fair enough if the judges said that.

I hate it when people say this, if someone gets a bit of critique then the judges are the bad guys. It's what judges do. Also Angie has not been pimped like Candice and Amber have and actually like Kree has for pretty much all of the season. Angie got the worse slots for the second week in a row unlike Kree who has been getting the favorable slots.

I'm shocked that Kree's been let through. She's such an underwhelming performer and she sounds like any other country star. Angie had something special about her.

Also some people over-exaggerate Kree's vocal prowess. Ever heard Janis's Piece of my Heart - compare with Kree's version. Kree does not do it even a bit of justice. Now listen to Julie London's Cry Me a River and now listen to Angie's. Angie does such justice to the song...it seems like some people haven't actually heard these songs before.

From your post I gather you are disappointed that Angie did not get through but in my opinion she doesnt come close to the talent of Kree and Candice, and I stand by my comment, in fact Kree has lost her confidence which was clear to be seem with her shocked look at getting through and indeed the Judges shocked faces.. Angie was praised for average performances. I love Krees tone and from day one she has been my fav with Candice second, Kree was placed 1st in the first couple of weeks by the public until the Judges started to knit pick her performances whiich she varied week in week out to please them all to no avail which resulted in her losing her spark.:)
    Forum Member
    maringar wrote: »
    From your post I gather you are disappointed that Angie did not get through but in my opinion she doesnt come close to the talent of Kree and Candice, and I stand by my comment, in fact Kree has lost her confidence which was clear to be seem with her shocked look at getting through and indeed the Judges shocked faces.. Angie was praised for average performances. I love Krees tone and from day one she has been my fav with Candice second, Kree was placed 1st in the first couple of weeks by the public until the Judges started to knit pick her performances whiich she varied week in week out to please them all to no avail which resulted in her losing her spark.:)

Except they nitpick EVERYONE including Candice and Angie - they've had their moments. Kree isn't immune to criticism - she's not perfect. They're at a point now when yes vocally the top 3 are at the top of their game in terms of actual singing, so there comes a time when people look at the performances as a whole. And while Kree has a nice vocal, she fails in every other respect, she has no stage presence, no charisma, no energy. Candice and Angie are passionate and you can feel what they sing. Kree looks bored and half asleep when she sings. She has that same expression on her face like she's sleep talking. Also Kree does sound like every other country artist. Angie was unique.

And again what have the judges actually said to Kree - all they've asked for is a bit more passion, to let loose a bit more? Is that really throwing her under the bus?

And there was no spark to lose in the first place - Kree has no spark about her.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been rooting for Candice from the beginning - so happy she made the final. Her rendition of Somewhere was so beautiful!

I would have preferred Angie to have made the final over Kree - I just find myself bored by Kree's performances. She has a great tone to her voice but I just don't get the emotion from her.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with the Top 2, but I think they've been handed it on a plate thanks to dreadful themes and even worse competition.

Next year, I don't want to see one gender completely stacked against the other (there is no way that those men were the 5 best males to audition), I don't want to see Themes that are clearly biased against one type of artist, but I'd love to see more diversity in the cast. Maybe a change of judges needed to get a more musically diverse cast like in Season 10 (where we had rock, jazz, reggae, gospel and folk all competing for that record deal)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with the Top 2, but I think they've been handed it on a plate thanks to dreadful themes and even worse competition.

Next year, I don't want to see one gender completely stacked against the other (there is no way that those men were the 5 best males to audition), I don't want to see Themes that are clearly biased against one type of artist, but I'd love to see more diversity in the cast. Maybe a change of judges needed to get a more musically diverse cast like in Season 10 (where we had rock, jazz, reggae, gospel and folk all competing for that record deal)

I really didn't like the way they only had 10 finalists this year. They purposely wanted 5 average-to-terrible guys so that a girl would win, so America ended up with only a small handful of contestants to really root for (although I didn't mind Burnell).
    Forum Member

To be completely honest, so many people have said that about the fact that the producers made the boys looks worse than the girls. When truth be told at the audition stages - none of the boys were that great! All of the girls were stellar! If one gender has a better year than the other - what's wrong with that? There were so many incredible girls this year - so fair enough I say.