Katy Perry - ROAR official single thread (leak)

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    the video still isn't released yet

I hoped that the lyric video might be it. "Skyfall" by Adele (I'm not comparing the two tracks in any way!) only ever had a lyric video and that was fine. Whatever real video Katy comes up with, it won't top the lyric video for me!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I hoped that the lyric video might be it. "Skyfall" by Adele (I'm not comparing the two tracks in any way!) only ever had a lyric video and that was fine. Whatever real video Katy comes up with, it won't top the lyric video for me!

for me, katy especially excels with her video releases and some of her videos have become a bit of an event at times. the lyric video has been well received and is clocking up some impressive streaming results, though i was a bit doubtful at first, especially the bit where she's on the loo.:o however, i think she will need a video to get further ahead with streaming, its an opportunity to good to miss and its reportedly on its way...

skyfall is a different scenario like you say and adele was heavily pregnant at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    The fact that she exceeded all expectations and sold a little less than 600k is impressive! I couldn't care less about the #1 position, because first of all, it wouldn't be a debut anyway due to the Sunday night release (a #1 debut is indeed something to brag about) and secondly, she still has the video, the VMA's performance and probably a hell of a lot of promo coming up, while 'BP' has peaked in sales and will soon peak in streaming as well. I think Katy will be #1 next week thanks to the pace at which she's increasing on the airplay chart. :)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    skyfall is a different scenario like you say and adele was heavily pregnant at the time.

Oh, it never occurred to me that her pregnancy was the reason for a video not being made!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth is delaying the UK release until September 8th? It was released in Ireland last week and has shot straight to #1. The same success would be repeated in the UK if she gets it out now.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    Why on earth is delaying the UK release until September 8th? It was released in Ireland last week and has shot straight to #1. The same success would be repeated in the UK if she gets it out now.

it doesn't make much sense to me either.:confused: she's going to be over here at the end of september for the itunes festival, but apparently another single will be released by then, at least in the us anyway.:o all her lead singles have been held back here, but i don't think it ultimately effects her sales at all.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    It's because after the US the UK is such a big market for US acts and one it's not wise to rest on it's laurels with.

She might shoot to number 1 in the UK but if she has no presence in the UK while her songs are riding high then in the long term it does her zero favours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but its a rubbish song cant understand the hype!!
    Forum Member
    'Roar' has been out in the UK for less than half a day and it's already #1 selling twice as much as #2 (Ellie Goulding)!! :eek:

I knew the song would be a hit, but I didn't expect it to be such a smash! And the video isn't even out yet, nor has she done any promo besides the VMA's. 'Roar' might be well on its way to becoming her best selling single imo.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Well done Katy.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry is selling more than postions 2-6 put together and is outselling Ellie by 4:1 :O she is slaying!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn I never saw this coming you know. :eek:

I'm kinda speechless as she is doing something that hasn't ever happened before. Well not since Alexandra Burke and James Arthur won X Factor but I view them as exceptions.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm kinda speechless as she is doing something that hasn't ever happened before. Well not since Alexandra Burke and James Arthur won X Factor but I view them as exceptions.

As soon as I head Roar I called it.

As soon as I heard Applause I called it.

I feel so good right now.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Born This Way was selling more than the Top 11 combined at it's height in 2011. It's not a common occurrence (*cough*understatement*cough*) but it has happened before.

It's important to remember though that Roar's biggest competition is a three week old song, there's no guarantee it'll get close to Avicii's first week total just because it's off to a smashing start. Still, 150,000 is a given.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Born This Way was selling more than the Top 11 combined at it's height in 2011. It's not a common occurrence (*cough*understatement*cough*) but it has happened before.

It's important to remember though that Roar's biggest competition is a three week old song, there's no guarantee it'll get close to Avicii's first week total just because it's off to a smashing start. Still, 150,000 is a given.

Yes but what you have to consider if that the video hasn't come yet and we are still a few weeks off Katy's UK promo trip.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but what you have to consider if that the video hasn't come yet and we are still a few weeks off Katy's UK promo trip.

My comment was in anticipation of the potentially over the top sales predictions that will no doubt be coming our way, not an attempt to down play the songs excellent performance.
    Forum Member
    The official video will premiere on her VEVO page in 2 hours!!!

The preview we got is pretty exciting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yD_-C7Hn2Y

Some thought it looked cheesy, but to me it looks like a great pop video and I can't wait for the full thing to premiere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we arenot getting it today it seems lol :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i guess not been waiting all day but alas lol :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unless people misread it and it was 8PM ET?!?!?! i dunno i just dont think we are getting it today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unless people misread it and it was 8PM ET?!?!?! i dunno i just dont think we are getting it today!

I was considering some sort of time distance misread I dunno it feels like it's not happeneing like it's been delayed. Maybe Gaga got to it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ET is Eatsern time i'm guessing so thats like 5 hours behind us so thats abot 9 o'clock UK time or am i way off :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep im guessing it is 9pm BST!
    Forum Member
    The video is here guys!!! And it's amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8&feature=player_embedded