Cables behind TV unit

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all,

I have one of the black glass cabinets for my TV, and I removed the plate from that back that you're supposed to feed cables through as it got in the way.

Is there a decent solution I can use to the mess behind my tv unit?! I've tried using cable tidies but even then they go all over the place and not all cables can be put through them.

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scart cables can be a bit of a pain, particularly if like us, under our Freeview TV, you've got a PVR, DVD/CD player and a Video recorder. You can buy shorter cables, or the flat ones and you can buy cables with right- angled plugs to stop them sticking out so far.

I've got none of those and I've an auto selector, these can cut down the number of scart leads you need. But I can push all the surplus cable under the bottom shelf and also the auto selector. Unless I look behind the TV then I don't see them.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/2l7a.jpg/

In the other room we've Virgin cable for that TV and all the nonsense and flashing lights that goes with that.

Maybe someone can suggest something better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. You dont want to see the back of my tv.

It has 5 things plugged in to it. One being a PC.
    Then theres the modem and separate router...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    can you not cut the back panel ??

or get a bit of carboard , paint it black and feed the cables through
  • SibeberSibeber Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you not cut the back panel ??

or get a bit of carboard , paint it black and feed the cables through

Have done that with my tv stand and tv ..thick duty card painted black and cut to be a tight fit ...not a cable in sight ..give it a go !
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sibeber wrote: »
    Have done that with my tv stand and tv ..thick duty card painted black and cut to be a tight fit ...not a cable in sight ..give it a go !

How did you stick it to your cabinet?!

Also, that means no ventelation for consoles/boxes?
  • SibeberSibeber Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    How did you stick it to your cabinet?!

Also, that means no ventelation for consoles/boxes?

put the support or cable organizer back in the cabinet covr them with black painted card , no glue needed just make each piece of card a tight fit so it stands on its own cut a slot on the bottom of each card to put the cables through ..these will be hidden by the sky box dvd etc .I wish I could insert a photo to show my efforts that hide everything.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could use spiral wrap to tidy them up a bit..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/spiral-cable-wrap-26849

Larger sizes are available elsewhere...

The downside is if there are a lot of cables it ends up as stiff as an iron bar!