Options

What do you do with a problem like Christine Bleakley

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
Forum Member
✭✭
Had it all 4 years ago, 4 Million contract, footballers girlfriend, future planning, wedding, children, happiness!
Now, the reality bites back, axed from her own show Off the beaten track and Dancing on ice. There is nothing out there for her to front.

ITV have grown to realise that their "investment" backfired and the British public never did actually warm to the smug, self centred irritating accent of Miss Bleakley.

The upcoming celeb showbiz marriage seems more of a distant dream now.

The final nail in her short career had to be the piano keyboard grin :D Just what was she thinking and where did THOSE :D TEETH come from?

paging Miss Reid, Miss Reid to studio ;-)

Comments

• Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't have children.

Don't worry she will get herself on a shopping channel as a presenter. Doubt she is on her uppers just yet.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »

Don't worry she will get herself on a shopping channel as a presenter.

Ah. QVC - the home of all has-beens. Saw Lulu on it the other day, which proves my point! :D
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is lovely. I find her very genuine, sweet and sincere and think she is a very capable live TV presenter. I don't watch DoI but she was fine on the One Show - much better than Alex Jones! She earns her own money, dresses beautifully, isn't seen falling out of nightclubs and they don't do the OK spreads that all the other zelebs do. Says quite a lot about her character to me!

Can't understand why people seem to be fixated on their wedding date - perhaps they just don't feel the need to rush it?! They seem genuinely in love and very comfortable with each other. I have no doubt they will get married - when it suits THEM!

As for the accent thing - nothing gets on my nerves more than people criticizing regional accents! Its a real bug bear of mine.

As for commenting on her teeth - I think that says more about the person commenting on them than could ever be said about the actual teeth in question:D That's just nasty!
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Had it all 4 years ago, 4 Million contract, footballers girlfriend, future planning, wedding, children, happiness!
    Now, the reality bites back, axed from her own show Off the beaten track and Dancing on ice. There is nothing out there for her to front.

ITV have grown to realise that their "investment" backfired and the British public never did actually warm to the smug, self centred irritating accent of Miss Bleakley.

The final nail in her short career had to be the piano keyboard grin :D Just what was she thinking and where did THOSE :D TEETH come from?

Ah, she doesn't have children so her life is utterly, utterly meaningless. A bit like Messrs Aniston & Minogue.

It is true that her career on ITV has been a spectacular failure, but as far as I know she is still happy with Frank Lampard and just because they are not married yet and haven't produced offspring, doesn't mean their relationship is in trouble.

Remind me: It is 2014, right?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people seem to dislike her so much? She seems inoffensive to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    A childless woman? HEATHEN!

:D
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I think she is lovely. I find her very genuine, sweet and sincere and think she is a very capable live TV presenter. I don't watch DoI but she was fine on the One Show - much better than Alex Jones! She earns her own money, dresses beautifully, isn't seen falling out of nightclubs and they don't do the OK spreads that all the other zelebs do. Says quite a lot about her character to me!

Can't understand why people seem to be fixated on their wedding date - perhaps they just don't feel the need to rush it?! They seem genuinely in love and very comfortable with each other. I have no doubt they will get married - when it suits THEM!

As for the accent thing - nothing gets on my nerves more than people criticizing regional accents! Its a real bug bear of mine.

As for commenting on her teeth - I think that says more about the person commenting on them than could ever be said about the actual teeth in question:D That's just nasty!
    Agree with all of the above points. I really like Christine, granted the ITV thing hasn't worked out well for her but then I think ITV is pretty rubbish (soaps aside) anyway. And I love her accent, the NI one is probably my favourite. :)
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with all the above re her as a person. Smart, professional, focused, and living her life the way she wants to. :cool:

Oh and yes, much better presenter than Alex Jones!
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Wow OP. You really do have a hang up about women who aren't married with a brood of kids by the time they hit 35. How many more of these threads are you going to start? We still haven't worried about the 'problem' of Cameron Diaz, Rennee Zellweger etc etc.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you do with a problem like a FM, who is intent on winding people up?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow OP. You really do have a hang up about women who aren't married with a brood of kids by the time they hit 35. How many more of these threads are you going to start? We still haven't worried about the 'problem' of Cameron Diaz, Rennee Zellweger etc etc.

Indeed there is a distinctly trollish tone to these threads.

How it would by default make these women 'better' human beings by going through the process of childbirth is a 'problem' only for those who see it as one.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why people seem to dislike her so much? She seems inoffensive to me.

Personally, I do think she got seriously above herself after her time on Strictly (seems to be a thing with some of the women who appear on it) and that's why I went from finding her inoffensive to really annoying, but I think people bashing her for having a long engagement date and not having children are absolutely ridiculous and need to find something better to do with their time.

The OP is either a really rubbish wind-up merchant or has a very unhealthy fixation with women being childless. I'm hoping they are just a WUM otherwise they are a total creep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »

Oh and yes, much better presenter than Alex Jones!

I liked Christine on The One Show (pre-Strictly) but I think a tree could present a programme with more interesting and professional results than Alex Jones. She's awful. How is she lasting in the job for so long?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »

Based on your woman hating topics lately... are you a virgin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Based on your woman hating topics lately... are you a virgin?

Even if the OP is a virgin, to imply that all male virgins are bitter woman haters is as bad as the OP implying women are worth nothing if they don't have a child.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP clearly lives under a bridge...
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Christine, classy intelligent good presenter.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I liked Christine on The One Show (pre-Strictly) but I think a tree could present a programme with more interesting and professional results than Alex Jones. She's awful. How is she lasting in the job for so long?

I remember when AJ started on TOS, all the fuss that was made because of her physical resemblance to Christine. Irrespective of the OP's issues with childlessness and long engagements, the fact is, she was awful on Daybreak, she wasn't that great on Dancing On Ice which got cancelled after she took over as a presenter and her own show got cancelled too, so all the CB fans on here are a tiny minority.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when AJ started on TOS, all the fuss that was made because of her physical resemblance to Christine. Irrespective of the OP's issues with childlessness and long engagements, the fact is, she was awful on Daybreak, she wasn't that great on Dancing On Ice which got cancelled after she took over as a presenter and her own show got cancelled too, so all the CB fans on here are a tiny minority.

There was nothing wrong with her presenting on Daybreak. Like I said before, I think she is a very capable live TV presenter. She had to work with a shite format on Daybreak (too cool for school at 7.50am is just one dreadful example). That's the producers fault, not CB. Personally I think Adrian Child's is very funny and I love his droll sense of humour, however I can see how he wouldn't be to everyone's cup of tea, especially in the mornings! And anyway, even when the dreadful LK (fantastic, brilliant, excellent being her main vocabulary) presenting with Aled Jones (what a strange choice!!) and kissing her guests asses, the ratings still hovered around 500k so don't think the failure of Daybreak can be put squarely as CB fault. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong on this re viewing figures and will eat humble pie if I am incorrect.

Dancing on ice was on its last legs and my guess is it would have been cancelled even if the incredibly dull HW, who sometimes even has difficulty reading the autocue - were still presenting with Mr ITV himself, Pip Schofield.

I didn't watch CB most recent show so can't comment. However I will say I don't think you can have a realistic guess at how many fans she has by 18 replies to a silly named thread on a show biz forum.

I'm not a big fan per as of CB, however I find her very inoffensive and there are many more female presenters out there who aren't as professional or competent as I find her to be. Just my opinion of course!:D
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

I agree with all of this. I would like to wee her presenting more shows, I like her a lot.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post a picture of yourself so we can all have a go at picking some nicknames for you too!!:D

Probably a Jamie Dornan or Natalie Portman lookelikey, eh?:p
    This thread is not about me, it's about Bleakley
    do keep on topic
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    This thread is not about me, it's about Bleakley
    do keep on topic

Go ahead, post a picture of yourself. I'll start the ball rolling.

Here's my pic: ;)

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/80/7e023732bbf440a9824adf6df15c8332.jpg
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Go ahead, post a picture of yourself. I'll start the ball rolling.

Here's my pic: ;)

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/80/7e023732bbf440a9824adf6df15c8332.jpg

Elbows too pointy. Jeans too low.
    *Insert 2/10, would not bang meme here.*
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    Elbows too pointy. Jeans too low. 2/10 would not bang.

:D

Also far too ripped, yukkity yuk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Her contract with ITV was up last summer. ITV gave her her own series (and they give many different people one series of the same type of show, because there is only so far one person can take them) before moving on to the next people. That series rated OK. DOI has been falling for years and has been sped up by a strong Sunday night on BBC1. But they still chose Christine over bringing back Holly for the final year. Christine has also presented This Morning a few times (since her contract was up) and has done a fairly good job. If she was still at the BBC, she'd just be doing The One Show, would have just as many flops and much less money. I genuinely don't get the issue people have with her.