London to Cambridge in rush hour - A1(M) or M11?

snuffle_-_uksnuffle_-_uk Posts: 599
Forum Member
✭✭
Am driving over to Cambridge for tonights Cambridge United game, i work next to the M25 (J13 if you're curious).

Does anyone know if the A1(M) will be less busy in rush hour than the M11 (starting from their M25 junctions), or vice versa?

cheers for any advice you have.

Comments

• ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Probably better to consider what happens North of Baldock really - localised 50 limits, speed cameras, torturous right hand exits and islands. That part of A1 is paralleled by the M1 and M11 so it's relatively unimproved.

I'd use the M11.
  • Know Your NurksKnow Your Nurks Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest M11, cos if you go up the A1M you've then got to go across the A14 which in my experience is a bit of a bugger!
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    I'd suggest M11, cos if you go up the A1M you've then got to go across the A14 which in my experience is a bit of a bugger!

Or the A505... or the A428...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    M25 to Cambridge via M11 is relatively straight through whereas M25 via A1(M) is a hell of a dogleg. That being said the A1(M) normally has less hold ups and accidents than the M11 but the stretch of the M25 between the M11 junction and J23 for the A1(M) can be a nightmare. On balance I would say shoot straight up the M11.

Oops, just realised you were talking about going tonight so this advice is a bit late, you should have got there and come back again by now.