Options

Jamie king of waffle

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was annoyed that he wasn't pressed about the 9am / 1pm time slot. It really would have made the difference between them winning and losing.
    He just didn't give an answer, mumbled something rubbish and got away with it! He had that guilty look, like he knew he'd messed up big time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I find Chris more annoying than Jamie, though he runs a close second. Chris talks in an incredibly dull monotone and has a way of steamrollering his ideas through, then failing to back up his team leader when asked. Then he gets all aggressive in the boardroom and LS falls for it.

Jamie, the most wonderful salesperson in the whole history of sales, ever, is just full of the usual. There was a slim chance he could have gone last week had Sandeesh brought him in, because it did seem that LS was gunning for him.

However, then he had his chance to get rid of one of those two this week, and he fired Christopher!

The remaining lot are for the most part bumbling idiots, I really do think only a woman can now win out of this lot. We have Stuart, Chris and Jamie - none of whom have demonstrated any talent whatsoever. Then we have Stella, Liz, Jo and Laura - Laura is useless and will not win. I'm not keen on Jo who can be bullying, loud and annoying and two faced. (Stuart, last task) Liz won that amazing pitch on the baby product, but to be honest, that was such a great idea that its possible any of them could have got it had they pitched. Stella has now been project manager twice, winning both times. At the moment, she is the clear leader for me, by a long way.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did Jamie do in the first episode(s) that everyone keeps alluding to?:confused:
  • Options
    fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    What did Jamie do in the first episode(s) that everyone keeps alluding to?:confused:

had good sales patter for selling sausages i think!
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member

I don't think there was any special moment but he did seem to make sensible suggestions and have a lot of comment sense.

It's sound simple and basic but it's very often lacking in these candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fonzerelli wrote: »
    had good sales patter for selling sausages i think!
    But Lord Alan said he'd been very, very good in the beginning.:eek: Sugar does exaggerate and tell little porkies sometimes though.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Task 1 Telling StuBaggs not to talk to customers like that.

otherwise his career trajectory so far is....

2nd Task, coming up with the Cuuli. And keeping focus on that rather than bikinis.

3rd Task, whinges about Melissa a lot.

4th is a pretty good PM of one half of his team. Sells well.

Tasks 5 & 6 is present (at least in the winning team)

Task 7 pushes skiing as a good idea. Gives lots of advice to people who are sick of listening to it.

Task 8 gets his mate fired by accident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    Task 1 Telling StuBaggs not to talk to customers like that.

otherwise his career trajectory so far is....

2nd Task, coming up with the Cuuli. And keeping focus on that rather than bikinis.

3rd Task, whinges about Melissa a lot.

4th is a pretty good PM of one half of his team. Sells well.

Tasks 5 & 6 is present (at least in the winning team)

Task 7 pushes skiing as a good idea. Gives lots of advice to people who are sick of listening to it.

Task 8 gets his mate fired by accident.
    Yes, I saw all that and thought I must have missed something.:D I remember being rather irritated by Jamie's correction of Stuart in the first task as at least he was busy selling!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I saw all that and thought I must have missed something.:D I remember being rather irritated by Jamie's correction of Stuart in the first task as at least he was selling sold loads!

I don't think he sold loads, reasonably well instead? Possibly more than Jamie. The latter was right though. You'd sell more if you didn't insult customers and keep your thoughts silent. Less likely to get punched too.

Was one of the tasks where StuBaggs was an a_hole. That made people cheer Jamie. Except you :o
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I find Jamie very smarmy and insincere - both in what he says and the way he says it.

And he has this constant smirk on his face that I feel compelled to wipe off.
    Jen-B wrote: »
    I actually agreed with what LS said. In the beginning I thought he was very competent. As the series has gone on he's become more and more of a backstabber and a manipulator.

Totally agree with both of these.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Was one of the tasks where StuBaggs was an a_hole. That made people cheer Jamie. Except you :o
    That's because I can see when others are shirking and covering their own failings by picking holes in what others are doing so I wasn't fooled or impressed at all.:cool: Furthermore, I'm still not. He wasn't even PM so it wasn't his place. Shameless sneak that one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because I can see when others are shirking and covering their own failings by picking holes in what others are doing so I wasn't at all impressed. And I'm still not.:cool: He's a shameless sneak that one.

Well not really. They are selling together. If StuBaggs is shouting loudly down the street, potential customers could give the whole team a deliberate miss. Or if someone takes offence, then man hours are lost trying to calm an argument down. Jamie didn't want to the team to lose cos one guy wants to show off for the cameras. Besides Karren had already clocked StuBaggs was being a tit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well not really. They are selling together. If StuBaggs is shouting loudly down the street, potential customers could give the whole team a deliberate miss. Or if someone takes offence, then man hours are lost trying to calm an argument down. Jamie didn't want to the team to lose cos one guy wants to show off for the cameras. Besides Karren had already clocked StuBaggs was being a tit.
    Yes, really. It's a pattern of behaviour and strategy for Jamie...for which he lamely tries to take credit when in the firing line...and which I can see straight through I'm afraid.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it not

"the early bird catches the worm"??
    The second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

apparantly sold a sausage but werent everyone else? :D
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    This thread title has made me hungry. Mmm, waffles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »

How about Stu's speciality "White sauasge" :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How about Stu's speciality "White sauasge" :eek::D

Well, I see you're in Dublin - ever had coddle? That's quite white sausage-y! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see you're in Dublin - ever had coddle? That's quite white sausage-y! :)

Nope never had a coddle- are u referring to white pudding perhaps?

it is bigger than Stus though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope never had a coddle- are u referring to white pudding perhaps?

No, in coddle the sausages don't brown, even though they are cooked because of the way they're cooked.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The food-based tasks on The Apprentice can be torture! Crisps, sausages, muffins...
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    No, in coddle the sausages don't brown, even though they are cooked because of the way they're cooked.

Coddle is disgusting. I'm originally from the north of Ireland and I didn't grow up with the stuff so it was quite a shock when I was first served it at Uni.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coddle is disgusting. I'm originally from the north of Ireland and I didn't grow up with the stuff so it was quite a shock when I was first served it at Uni.

Different strokes. I like the coddle I make myself, my only quibble being that it's a little too salty.

I didn't grow up with it either. I first made it in my 20s. It's not widely eaten in Dublin and definitely not in the country at large. And I don't know any uni canteen or restaurant that serves it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He actually said

"the early worm catches the bird"

I found that quite amusing!!!

Or the early "borm catches the wird" iirc :D

I think LS just wanted to fire Christopher while he had the chance. He probably knows full well Chris & Jamie will be back to give him the opportunity to get rid soon enough.