Options

Why does Kelvin Mackenzie get invited on these things?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like putting a Jew on telly with Hitler.

Perhaps not quite like. Kelvin hasn't actually ordered any mass genocides of Liverpudlians. I don't mean to belittle the hurt felt in Liverpool over the stories in the Sun at that time, but it really doesn't compare to the Holocaust.
  • Options
    BelligerentBossBelligerentBoss Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps not quite like. Kelvin hasn't actually ordered any mass genocides of Liverpudlians. I don't mean to belittle the hurt felt in Liverpool over the stories in the Sun at that time, but it really doesn't compare to the Holocaust.

James didn't say anything about the Holocaust, he's merely pointing out that it should be obvious that the two don't mix.

It's not forgotten what MacKenzie said at the Mincoffs Lunch, check out this link reported in The Independent at the time:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/mackenzies-hillsborough--the-sun-told-the-truth-426674.html

He really is a man not worth talking about, and certainly his opinions are not to be taken seriously. I doubt he'd ever have the balls to come to Anfield and repeat his opinions there, especially as he doesn't appear to understand what it is to be sincere in what he says. Of the 1,000s of apologies he says he's made over the matter, he was just going through the motions.

I have precious little respect for the You're Fired producers too, did they really have to bring this man onto the same programme as Christopher, i'm left wondering is it was deliberate or not?
  • Options
    BelligerentBossBelligerentBoss Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Christopher was wearing a red wristband on his right wrist.
    You can make it out when he waves the the audience as he walks on set.

Guessing it's a HJC wristband - asuming it was was c**tface Kelvin's benefit.

Nice one Christopher.

It was a Help For Heroes wristband mate, one former soldier supporting his mates.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James didn't say anything about the Holocaust, he's merely pointing out that it should be obvious that the two don't mix.

To say it's like putting a Jew on with Hitler obviously invokes the Holocaust. And it isn't like it.
  • Options
    James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not forgotten what MacKenzie said at the Mincoffs Lunch, check out this link reported in The Independent at the time:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/mackenzies-hillsborough--the-sun-told-the-truth-426674.html

He really is a man not worth talking about, and certainly his opinions are not to be taken seriously. I doubt he'd ever have the balls to come to Anfield and repeat his opinions there, especially as he doesn't appear to understand what it is to be sincere in what he says. Of the 1,000s of apologies he says he's made over the matter, he was just going through the motions.

I have precious little respect for the You're Fired producers too, did they really have to bring this man onto the same programme as Christopher, i'm left wondering is it was deliberate or not?

Totally. I've never even been to Liverpool but you don't have to to realise how disliked Kelvin MacKenzie and The Sun are in those quarters, even 21 years on. I'd love to see MacKenzie go to Liverpool and see what happens. He'd be tore to pieces.