Service Intervals on a Nissan Micra ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all, just purchased a Nissan Micra Tekna from Motorpoint, there were no manuals or service history with it so called to chase and apparently these are not available and were not passed on by the previous owner.

Now the car is 2 1/2 years old with 13k mileage, they are unsure of the service history of the car but given the trip computer is showing 12k to the next service, am I fairly safe in assuming it has indeed been serviced recently, sure the first service is normally set to about 12k miles?

Comments

• GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    You could ring up a Nissan dealership and ask them if they have any service history on their computer for your car.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    You could ring up a Nissan dealership and ask them if they have any service history on their computer for your car.

Good idea, I have to go and see them on Friday anyway as there was also no radio code so I need to get it reset!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    Hi all, just purchased a Nissan Micra Tekna from Motorpoint, there were no manuals or service history with it so called to chase and apparently these are not available and were not passed on by the previous owner.

Now the car is 2 1/2 years old with 13k mileage, they are unsure of the service history of the car but given the trip computer is showing 12k to the next service, am I fairly safe in assuming it has indeed been serviced recently, sure the first service is normally set to about 12k miles?

it may not have been serviced , the service light / trip reading may just have been reset with no work being done , if you cant find out for certain then i would get it serviced .............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it may not have been serviced , the service light / trip reading may just have been reset with no work being done , if you cant find out for certain then i would get it serviced .............

Yeah would be typical though, the whole changing car thing was a cost cutting exercise!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't bank on Motorpoint having done the service - though you can be assured they would reset the service indicator! Strange that Motorpoint regularly "don't have" service records. Hope you did a mileage check before you bought it........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on Motorpoint having done the service - though you can be assured they would reset the service indicator! Strange that Motorpoint regularly "don't have" service records. Hope you did a mileage check before you bought it........

They offered to do a service for £160 ;) It's my 3rd car from them tbh and never had a problem before.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Service intervals can be varied on the Micra, If they set it at 12,000 then you can use that if you like, but myself as a Nissan technician, do an intermediate service at 9,000 miles and a major service at 18,000 miles. It depends on the mileage you do normally.

To get your radio code, ask at the main dealer if they have it on record, you will need your vin number.

If the main dealer can't locate it, try to find the original selling dealer, they should have it, they will want proof of ownership and may charge you.

I recently obtained the radio code for a customer over the phone from the selling dealer free of charge by asking very nicely :D