Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    150 best selling singles of the millennium in UK:

Bleeding Love #21 - 1.021.000
    A Moment Like This #35 - 884.000
    Run #64 - 740.000
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to go into detail and I don't know exactly who did it (possibly someone who manages her career) but you can check older threads, but a lot of this was during the offical forum times:
    1. I will be release deasaster
    2. Happy - US absence for a few months. No radio promotion.
    3. I got you / I see you confusion
    4. Collide Release (Maybe have also been due to the Avicii thing)
    5. Dance-route , No-Dance-route, release Cover-EP-instead, don't know what to do. Perform Collide everywhere, oh not, Run instead. .....

LOL ok, but you still can't say who picked I will be as the next single, maybe Leona liked it and Syco confirmed it for release.

But don't think I put Leona down or defend her label, I just don't like blaming someone if you don't know who's fault it is.

BTW; it's been a while that Nicola and Leona did something together, right? What could this be ?
  • Options
    poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    LOL ok, but you still can't say who picked I will be as the next single, maybe Leona liked it and Syco confirmed it for release.

But don't think I put Leona down or defend her label, I just don't like blaming someone if you don't know who's fault it is.

BTW; it's been a while that Nicola and Leona did something together, right? What could this be ?

Yeah, I know what you're trying to say. I also don't want to blame a specific person, that's why I was using "Syco" (which includes mannnnnyyyy :D people) and "management". So let's just say: We don't know who did it :):)
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola wrote on twitter there's a busy week ahead of her and Leona.
    God, please!!!!!
    Yes yes yes! Im getting excited again!
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting tweet from Nicola. If they are planning a June single release or June single premiere then you would expect things to begin turning in motion this week, particularly if its a release in June.

Fingers crossed something happens anyway! One thing I'd love them to do is film some videos in advance to ensure that there is no last minute video premieres and to allow Leona more time to promote rather than going back and forward to LA to film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what this "busy week" will bring.

Still can't believe we have been left in the dark for 6 months with nothing.

Let's hope we are entering this new era pretty soon, the wait is ridiculous but I think Leona will do something to make up for it.

One of the things I really want for this era is some memorabilia. Some classy stuff we can buy. Would love to go into Hmv and buy a bunch of leona posters and get them framed. Plenty rihanna and chery cole but never any Leona :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Exciting tweet from Nicola. If they are planning a June single release or June single premiere then you would expect things to begin turning in motion this week, particularly if its a release in June.

Fingers crossed something happens anyway! One thing I'd love them to do is film some videos in advance to ensure that there is no last minute video premieres and to allow Leona more time to promote rather than going back and forward to LA to film.

I have just tried to use my physcic powers.

They are going north of Scotland to a remote area to film the music video for her new single , Trouble.

Then they are going to tour the radio stations in the UK.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that tweets makes me think we are going to be hearing the single very soon, hopefully we will get some confirmation this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are getting the duet in June, right?
    Is it released internationally? I don't think so.

So June might still be perfect for her own single.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh perhaps Nicola's tweet was just about the duet and not a new single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are getting the duet in June, right?
    Is it released internationally? I don't think so.

So June might still be perfect for her own single.
    Only in japan ;) but I hope we can hear it though :p
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Oh perhaps Nicola's tweet was just about the duet and not a new single.

I don't know, they already did some filming , remember? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only in japan ;) but I hope we can hear it though :p

LOOOOOL :D
    I can still remember the times, when there was no YouTube. It was so hard to find, what you were looking for.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might just be meetings with the label, bookings etc. She is her manager, so they might be gearing up for something... don't think she has any private events across the globe this week. :p
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona better be getting a new wardrobe for the next era!

She dresses so nicely in all her casual pictures on Instagram but her on stage look at the moment is awful.

I think its time to bring back the dresses.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Lemme guess: Run? :)

another one :https://p.twimg.com/AsUhOjzCMAA2KQU.jpg

If I ever said anything bad about Vivienne Westwood's dress that she made for Echo era I'm taking it back. Because these recent outfits with jackets and trousers are simply awful.

I'm glad Glassheart wasn't release in March because it would flop along of those jackets and trousers lol. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I ever said anything bad about Vivienne Westwood's dress that she made for Echo era I'm taking it back. Because these recent outfits with jackets and trousers are simply awful.

I'm glad Glassheart wasn't release in March because it would flop along of those jackets and trousers lol. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree. I really hope she gets rid of those outfits, seriously.. me want some sexy Leona! :cool::D

I kinda liked Vivienne Westwood's dresses :p

She looks like a circus artist..... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Leona better be getting a new wardrobe for the next era!

She dresses so nicely in all her casual pictures on Instagram but her on stage look at the moment is awful.

I think its time to bring back the dresses.

not even 'ball gowns', just mini-dresses would be nice too.

But my GOD, has she got a killer figure! She needs to get a hold of some top designer stuff, Westwood, McQueen, etc. She should really try do this whole 'British diva' using british designers or something.

I'm not sure what on earth that outfit is, I quite like it... The jacket is really nice, but I dunno.. I like seeing Leona in more edgy outfits - but not going too tacky haha.

I would LOVE to see her in something like this, this is Sarah Burton for AM. http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ffefJFD51r04u3zo1_500.jpg

more:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gzj2IrIl1rtifxfo1_500.png

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2a6rxonkU1r04u3zo1_500.jpg

New Vivienne Westwood
    > http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nv84IgUV1rvnozuo1_500.png

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3lebu1RSs1r7675jo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This outfit is tasteless :o.

Leona is like the most beautiful woman on earth, but please get a proper stylist. :cry::cry:
    I won't want Leona to play circus director every single time. I want her to be an elf :D.

@gelbma0991: Looks amazing. Very artistic. Vivienne is one amazing designer, incredible.
    The problem was that Leona wore the same dress all of the time.

/\_/\ <
    Top part of the dress LOL

Leona seems to have fallen in love with coats. I don't like them at all but I like this one:
    http://leona-pictures.com/albums/candids/2012/01-05-2012-Leona-leaving-the-Playboy-club-HQ/normal_02.jpg
    Because this is very retro!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    150 best selling singles of the millennium in UK:

Bleeding Love #21 - 1.021.000
    A Moment Like This #35 - 884.000
    Run #64 - 740.000

Queen Slayona Lewis !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @gelbma0991: Looks amazing. Very artistic. Vivienne is one amazing designer, incredible.
    The problem was that Leona wore the same dress all of the time.

That was my problem with it, she never really mixed up the corseted part of the outfit. They always had VW's infamous 'bunny ears'. She has one of the best couture collections, but Leona only ever stuck with the one look (even if she did switch up the skirt for trousers/leggings).

I'd love to be her stylist - I think Syco should just throw money at me, and I'll take her shopping :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    That was my problem with it, she never really mixed up the corseted part of the outfit. They always had VW's infamous 'bunny ears'. She has one of the best couture collections, but Leona only ever stuck with the one look (even if she did switch up the skirt for trousers/leggings).

I'd love to be her stylist - I think Syco should just throw money at me, and I'll take her shopping :p

I think you would make Leona look amazing.
    You also look very stylish :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha aw thanks :p

I think she's going to have to raise the stakes dramatically and not just count on her voice/music to sell (or name, yes - I'm looking at you Syco). She needs to get people talking about her, and as a stand-up girl, for the right reasons. Excellent fashion choices, attending talked about events (again looking stunning), her videos need to be brilliantly directed with amazing treatment written for them - and if there's a dance song out, Dennis - you're a brilliant choreographer, turn Leona into the new Janet Jackson (Dance wise)!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know? :eek::D

The wedding guy answered me back on twitter:

jamiembrown Jamie Brown
    @GregoryCourtens sorry, no video! She sang about 10 songs. Bleeding Love, Run, Sweet Dreams, Better In Time, Kiss By A Rose, Apologise...
    It's annoying that I've only see one performance of Kissed By A Rose while she sang it atleast 3 times :(
    I hope she changes her setlist for Hackney !
This discussion has been closed.