Options

OS X Mavericks

13»

Comments

• Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new MacPro looks...interesting, and I'm surprised iwht the naming convention change for operating system versions.
    tdenson wrote: »
    I don't know about Windows 8, but in Windows 7 they went backwards in this respect. With XP I always use to launch two file explorers from the Start button before using it. However, with Windows 7 it won't let you do that, you have to navigate away before you can launch another one.
    Windows Key + E will bring multiple instances of Windows Explorer.
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Daedroth wrote: »

Windows Key + E will bring multiple instances of Windows Explorer.

That's fine if you have a Windows key
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Further to the earlier discussion about the Haswell processor, when are the panel guessing it will come to the iMac ?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Daedroth wrote: »
    The new MacPro looks...interesting, and I'm surprised iwht the naming convention change for operating system versions.

Most say it looks like a giant dustbin. As for the dustbin selling like hotcakes in Japan, they should have stuck an Apple logo on it and sold it in Apple Stores :D I kinda miss the big cat names :(
  • Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further to the earlier discussion about the Haswell processor, when are the panel guessing it will come to the iMac ?

Hard to say, and the impact won't really be as dramatic on the iMac, which has a separate graphics board and does not run off batteries unlike the MacBook Air.

The iMac was last refreshed in October last year, so the next refresh cold be anytime in the next six months. The MacBook Pro with retina and Mac Pro will almost certainly take priority though.

It's not impossible we could see iMacs with retina displays, the new Mavericks wallpaper already fits a retina iMac, which would be the highest resolution on any Mac to date.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    It's not impossible we could see iMacs with retina displays, the new Mavericks wallpaper already fits a retina iMac, which would be the highest resolution on any Mac to date.
    It would also fit the separate Cinema Display Apple could sell for new Mac Pros to plug into. If their panel suppliers can scale retina resolution up to 27" and manufacture in bulk I'll be rather impressed.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine if you have a Windows key

There is an equivalent on a mac isn't there? Like the apple/ctrl/alt have on a normal keybaord.

Or just right click on explorer on the taskbar then left click to create a new instance.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most say it looks like a giant dustbin. As for the dustbin selling like hotcakes in Japan, they should have stuck an Apple logo on it and sold it in Apple Stores :D I kinda miss the big cat names :(

I think you're overestimating its size. The new Mac Pro is under 10 inches tall.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    There is an equivalent on a mac isn't there? Like the apple/ctrl/alt have on a normal keybaord.

Or just right click on explorer on the taskbar then left click to create a new instance.

Yeah I think there is. On the Windows side of my Macbook Pro I use the Apple/Command key as the Windows key equivalent.
    psionic wrote: »
    I think you're overestimating its size. The new Mac Pro is under 10 inches tall.

Is that all?! :p