Options

EPG Issues with Panasonic DMR-BS850

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone else have any problems with the freesat EPG at the moment? For days, I have only been showing listings upto Sunday 31st Oct (early hours) and then no data.

It's the same for all channels too, not channel specific.

Contacted Freesat and they say they have no known issues with this. Also they say that they cannot replicate the problem. Freesat Helpline also confirm no problems.

Rebooted the machine, re-scanned all channels, EPG issue still the same.

Signal strength is good on all channels including the default Freesat data channel transponder so just wondering whether anyone else having similar problems either with this machine or with the Freesat+ PVR's?

Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a clock change issue?
    Perhaps handles the summer / winter shift in a odd way?
    Or a bug?

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    Not a clock change issue?
    Perhaps handles the summer / winter shift in a odd way?
    Or a bug?

Automan.

I suppose it could be a clock issue, never thought of that but it would be interesting to see if other users of the Panasonic Blu Ray Freesat recorders have a similar problem.

I've also noticed that now I am down to 30 hours DR recording left on the hard drive, it is so slow now that it almost stops - taking upto 10 seconds to respond. These machines were always slow to respond but this is now ultra slow.

Be interested to know what fellow users are experiencing...
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a read of the Guide+ thread on terrestrial , pvr , panasonic. Sounds a very similar issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it any better now the clocks have changed?

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly the same. In fact, everything I have recorded below 30hrs DR space on hard drive is also corrupt and pixellated! Looks like it's knackered.
  • Options
    stanandjanstanandjan Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My FreeSat Information channel is noticeably worse than others on the reception bars ..
    Is that another channel that needs to be more easterly like the epg feed?

Stan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AFAIK the Freesat information channel text is on the same transponder as the Freesat EPG info - 11.428H 27500 2/3 so if reception of this transponder is correct, the Freesat Info Channel should be the same. A good way to tell is to check channel 143 - Movies and Men to see whether any break ups on signal as this is also broadcast on the same transponder.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AFAIK the Freesat information channel text is on the same transponder as the Freesat EPG info - 11.428H 27500 2/3 so if reception of this transponder is correct, the Freesat Info Channel should be the same. A good way to tell is to check channel 143 - Movies and Men to see whether any break ups on signal as this is also broadcast on the same transponder.

Correct so is ITV1-HD red button from 977 and Teletext
    977 ITV 1 HD (red button)	11427	H	EB1
    143 Men & Movies	11427	H	EB1
    986 Teletext (Watch Only)	11427	H	EB1
    999 Freesat Info	11427	H	EB1