Options

New Chromecast offers? (March 2015 onwards)

binarybinary Posts: 699
Forum Member
✭✭
Here is the current offers page for Chromecast:
www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/offers/

For the UK, it shows one current offer for Google Play Music (valid to the end of January 2016), one expired offer for Google Play Movies, and one offer that's about to expire for NOW TV - specifically a 3 month Entertainment Pass that must be redeemed by 28 February (i.e. tomorrow).

Has anyone got any info on whether there might be any new Chromecast offers for the UK in the pipeline, and if so what they might be? Google Play Music doesn't particularly tempt me, a 3 month NOW TV Entertainment Pass is ok, but perhaps there's something better in store for March...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There was one just at valentines day £5 google credit, Chromecast is now making me money after all the deals have exceeded the value of the Chromecast
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Disreguard my last post :)
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, little bit confused by your posts Graeme!

Anyway, I had read the offers as being either/or, in other words you can only choose one of the offers.

However I think I got that wrong - the Terms & Conditions for the offers are on this page:
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB

There's nothing I can see about only being able to choose one offer, so it seems I was just making an assumption about that - that is, a wrong assumption.

I only checked this after reading your first post Graeme, so thanks - but I'm not sure why I was then supposed to disregard it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I said to disreguard it because you wanted to know what offers are coming from march onwards and I was talking about offers that have been and gone or still active, Like you already have established is you can choose all of the offers and for the movie credit you dont have to spend it on movies you can use it for what ever.

I couldn't edit my post so I posted that hope it cleared up the confusion.
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NowTV pass has been extended until the 31st August so if you missed the January, and then february, deadline you can fill your boots.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question about chromecast as thinking about getting one, am i right in thinking the chromecast will mirror my pc screen onto my tv aslong as i have chrome installed on my pc?
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Quick question about chromecast as thinking about getting one, am i right in thinking the chromecast will mirror my pc screen onto my tv aslong as i have chrome installed on my pc?

Yes it will, although it's in 'Beta'. Trying to play videos like that makes them slighty jerky/laggy.

You need the chromecast plugin obviously :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnathome wrote: »
    Yes it will, although it's in 'Beta'. Trying to play videos like that makes them slighty jerky/laggy.

You need the chromecast plugin obviously :)

Cool thanks for that looks like i'll be buying a chromecast to add to my collection of devices lol, as having the pc connected to tv is a bit messy at times.
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Cool thanks for that looks like i'll be buying a chromecast to add to my collection of devices lol, as having the pc connected to tv is a bit messy at times.

Word of caution though - if you're using a VPN on your pc to watch something then the chromecast won't work. For example, I can't use my UK chromecast to watch US Netflix via UnblockUS, I still need to attach to my TV via an HDMI cable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Word of caution though - if you're using a VPN on your pc to watch something then the chromecast won't work. For example, I can't use my UK chromecast to watch US Netflix via UnblockUS, I still need to attach to my TV via an HDMI cable.

Ah thanks for that i have a smart dns set up on my router but i also have googles dns blocked too.
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Google are currently offering a free movie rental if you have a chromecast. It says "if you buy and set up a chromecast" but it works for current owners too.

There's another offer for a movie rental and £5 Google Play credit, but I haven't tried that one yet. I've had that one before, and don't know if it's new or not.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google are currently offering a free movie rental if you have a chromecast. It says "if you buy and set up a chromecast" but it works for current owners too.

There's another offer for a movie rental and £5 Google Play credit, but I haven't tried that one yet. I've had that one before, and don't know if it's new or not.

Do you have a link, not sure if it has expired but I can't find it.