Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    CassiniCassini Posts: 2,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she always seems to be in a rage about something! Have noticed people who are very bitter and angry can end up with barely any lips from all that jaw clenching.

Lol. Just choked on my coffee at this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Cassini wrote: »
    Lol. Just choked on my coffee at this.

Well that's old Bitter Lips for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know what the column after the Wedding Planner was called?
    I9t's the one that describes their married life.
    Thanks
  • Options
    PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And she always seems to be in a rage about something! Have noticed people who are very bitter and angry can end up with barely any lips from all that jaw clenching, if you look at her teen photos you can see her lips were fuller. She has two looks from back then, the mad stare or the moody sulk, no wonder the boys weren't queuing up.

I know it's not the done thing on here to say anything that might be construed as pro-Liz, but hey, lay off the narrow lips thing. It's not only the bitter and angry whose lips get thinner - it's an age thing. The collagen diminishes and by the time you get to mid-fifties, it's almost a foregone conclusion that you're not going to have the bee-stung pout that you had as a teenager. I'm a similar vintage to her (& not at all bitter and angry, by the way), so I'm talking from experience, but the phenomenon is not a secret.

And I think, too, that the mad stare or moody sulk are pretty much default options for photographs of teenagers. Certainly back in the seventies.
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading the Jones piece about her dying cat - and I was SO angry. She seemed to keep it going long after it ought to have been put out of its misery.

Sorry - I'm a bit sensitive at the moment. My own beloved cat was put to sleep yesterday afternoon. She had a fast developing tumour, the vet found, and it was starting to hurt her. There was no question that I would do the very best, and most loving thing for her, and she was euthanased there and then, with the vet's full agreement. I am utterly heartbroken, but she came first and no way would I have prolonged her suffering because I couldn't bear to be without her.

By the way, isn't Jones supposed to have 17 cats? Plus poor Prudence? What about them and the out of control dog pack?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Polomini wrote: »
    I know it's not the done thing on here to say anything that might be construed as pro-Liz, but hey, lay off the narrow lips thing. It's not only the bitter and angry whose lips get thinner - it's an age thing. The collagen diminishes and by the time you get to mid-fifties, it's almost a foregone conclusion that you're not going to have the bee-stung pout that you had as a teenager. I'm a similar vintage to her (& not at all bitter and angry, by the way), so I'm talking from experience, but the phenomenon is not a secret.

And I think, too, that the mad stare or moody sulk are pretty much default options for photographs of teenagers. Certainly back in the seventies.

Flair enough. I have watched someone's lips disappear over the years as they became more and more bitter. It happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The point here is that as long as Jones carries on insulting people about their body/features she puts herself in the firing line. Despite all the moaning about not feeling beautiful enough she certainly loves getting in front of the camera. She's got to be one of the most snapped newspaper journalists in this country. There are so many articles with face grinning out of them. If you really hated the way you look would you do that?
    (Hopefully no spelling mistakes this time)

Really sorry for the poor lady who has just lost her cat:kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading the Jones piece about her dying cat - and I was SO angry. She seemed to keep it going long after it ought to have been put out of its misery.

Sorry - I'm a bit sensitive at the moment. My own beloved cat was put to sleep yesterday afternoon. She had a fast developing tumour, the vet found, and it was starting to hurt her. There was no question that I would do the very best, and most loving thing for her, and she was euthanased there and then, with the vet's full agreement. I am utterly heartbroken, but she came first and no way would I have prolonged her suffering because I couldn't bear to be without her.

By the way, isn't Jones supposed to have 17 cats? Plus poor Prudence? What about them and the out of control dog pack?

People praise Liz for her love of animals and it just baffles me. From what I know she should have all her pets taken away and be banned from ever keeping anymore.
    How does she get away with not being charged for cruelty or neglect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweetums wrote: »
    People praise Liz for her love of animals and it just baffles me. From what I know she should have all her pets taken away and be banned from ever keeping anymore.
    How does she get away with not being charged for cruelty or neglect?

The RSPCA seem to work on the theory that as long as there's food, shelter and vet visits then it's ok. From experience of needing to ring them they don't tend to look into the future of what's likely to happen. Also she's got Celia Hammond on her side too. Would be astounded if they were even interested enough to visit as they have such an immense work load.
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "which cost me the train fare, 24 hours’ parking at the station, two taxis and seven hours of travel in one day"

They don't have taxis in Yorkshire ? Her assistant/groom/equine behaviourist/cuddle buddy couldn't be arsed to give her a lift to the station ?
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T'other farticle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3045238/Confident-kids-great-shy-spotty-day-writes-LIZ-JONES.html

Ummm... maybe I'm missing something here, but how can D'Scrace afford to send his son to such a uni ? Seeing as he lives in a £100/week housing association flat in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a load of vile sh#te today's offering is. No sign of her taking any responsibility for the animal situation she's created viz (her word of the month) the poor injured cat. No. Instead it's back to that never ending whine poooooooooor meeeeeeeeyeeeeyeee.

Poor old you who spent her tax bill rather than bank it until the bill came in.

Poor old stupid you who chooses to live at one end of the country and work at the other.

Poor old idiot you who actually has the temerity to state that being in debt through your own selfish greed is worse than living with a serious illness....

Oh my aching sides can somebody pick me up off the floor please, oh this wit, tis too much, surely it's illegal to laugh this much, am stress-weeing with mirth, such is this comediac genius amongst us. Oh my poor seriously ill body, so lucky am I and everyone else who only have to live with the slight inconvenience of a devastating and horrific disease, imagine we could have real problems like this poor suffering brave soul. Can't imagine the courage, how tough it must be for you to soldier on through all that spending,the lavishing, the pampering, surely here we have the bravest of the brave. You actually make me want to hurl, that is how disgusting you are Jones.

This is the most insulting pile of cr@pola.

Oh, and reality check for Jones clearly needed...no one wants to see that horrible face of yours on the tv again you awful greedy.vane trollip.

If I ever clap eyes on you woman I promise it will be a day you won't forget.
  • Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quite like to put in the comments "Shute the f*ck up you whiny bag of f*ck", but I can't see them publishing that. Still, she probably looks on here while eating her porridge.

And so, my tips for the whiny bag of f*ck:

1. If you can't afford land for your horses to graze, you can't afford your horses. Therefore they should be rehomed.

2. Your cat has been mauled because your dogs are out of control. Sort it out, or you will find it happens again.

3. Will you please stop harping on about not having had a holiday etc? I'm not going on holiday either this year. It's not exactly a tragedy. And please, take a week off from writing, we really wouldn't mind.

4. Will you please stop whining about your lack of money? You forget that we have read your columns and know how profligately you spend. No more trotting out the "poor me in my one dyed dress and my bought in the sale tee shirt". Nobody is buying it (unlike you).

5. Stop being a whiny bag of f*ck, and making out your self-created situation is worse than being ill. Thanks.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She bought one t shirt and it was 50squid because it was a label. You could have gotten one a hell of a lot cheaper than that Lizard but then the shops that sell they aren't "labels" are they? You could have got at least 1 for a tenner and had £40 left for paying your bills, like the rest of us.

Also to note her article in the Fail on Sunday she again moaned about her upbringing and that her great niece didn't KNOW she wrote about things YEARS ago that the blogger writes about today that her great niece follows. Just because you wrote about them my dear, doesn't mean they have gone away. She should have applauded her great niece for following such a blogger but no, again it was all about her. (and popping off to see her b/f son graduate doesn't count as a holiday? It would to me!).

Also, unless you work from home and get do so or take a day off, it's very tricky to get someone round to mend things as they don't come round on weekends. And when you do take a day off they may not even turn up, depending on how many other jobs they have to try and fit in to their work day. Also actually being on your feet all day baking is a lot more tiring than sitting on your bony bum typing so I can understand completely why your b/f couldn't be bothered to just change a light bulb. Believe it or not, you can use a bathroom without a light when you live alone as you don't have to shut the door :D
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was confined in a psychiatric ward because her mummy didn't want her to go abroad because she might have her (non-existent) botty touched by nasty Italians?

I've read it all now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be resentful because young people appear to be confident, and not shy or withdrawn. When I was a teenager, I had no confidence, and could barely speak to people. I brought my daughter up differently to how my parents had done it and, by the time she started school, I could already see she was more confident than I had been. Why on earth would it be a good idea to bring up another generation of children who had been constantly put down, told to know their place, and not encouraged in any way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what the column after the Wedding Planner was called?

Fat Thighs On My Duvet (probably)
  • Options
    Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    She was confined in a psychiatric ward because her mummy didn't want her to go abroad because she might have her (non-existent) botty touched by nasty Italians?

I've read it all now.

I adore this comment Lizzyroz, it made me roar :D
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I'm confused.

She seems to be using her lack of kitchen as a measure of the desperate 'poverty' she lives in. So is my memory failing, because I thought there was a kitchen and she paid to have it ripped out because cooking and eating are signs of weakness or stupidity or something? :confused:
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMFAO!! The money she spent ripping out her kitchen (and how prey, will she be able to sell it without one I wonder?) could of been spent on her bills or perhaps taking the dogs to a training class, or buying designer t shirts. Think of the amount of black midnight hair dye she could have bought! :D
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so utterly sorry for Liz and saddened by her hitherto=undisclosed desperate poverty. Who would possibly have thought this was a thing?
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    "which cost me the train fare, 24 hours’ parking at the station, two taxis and seven hours of travel in one day"

They don't have taxis in Yorkshire ? Her assistant/groom/equine behaviourist/cuddle buddy couldn't be arsed to give her a lift to the station ?

I live at a similar 'latitude' and have to travel to London a couple of times a week.

Admittedly I don't have a self-inflicted 'zoo' to contend with, nor -thankfully - an 'animal-behaviourist' on my payroll... but then again, nor do I earn £500k per annum from the Daily Mail.

My experience is that valued-employees, at least those viewed as co-workers and friends, typically help-out because they feel part of a 'team', and that's what connected-people do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have been fuming all day at the Jones monster. So self absorbed and ignorant that she doesn't realise that for many people who are trying to live with a serious illness the other problem many of them have to shoulder are money concerns which unlike her the spoilt b#tch are not of their own making but come hand in hand with no longer being able to work. They can lose their home when they are already completely up against it. But no, madam wouldn't have the faintest idea about that would she now seeing as she's squandered her wages on luxuries, but likes to pretend it all went on buying other people's affection, AKA, showing off more like. Ooh look what I've bought!

As for not getting paid to do talks, wasn't she paid with a night somewhere posh at a recent talk she took the baker to? Then when her last book came out didn't the fans have to pay to go and hear her rattle on about it in some swanky hotel? (Fans, I know, who on earth would bother).

It really is so low what she said in her diary today. There isn't any empathy for other people, only animals, and just look at the awful mess she makes trying to look after them.

SHAMEFUL WOMAN.