Girls Aloud Live tonight on VIVA 10PM

Comments

• dannyl1989dannyl1989 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they cut beautiful because you love me and call me maybe, wondered when it was going to come, but i liked their call me maybe :/

They should have NEVER released Beautiful Cause You Love Me. It is a good song, but On The Metro should have been their final song.

As for Call Me Maybe, probably didn't show it due to copyright reasons
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    How come they didn't perform Every Now And Then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    How come they didn't perform Every Now And Then?

Because its a crap song?

Though on a par with BCYLM tbf.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recorded it and watching it now, re-living the Newcastle and Birmingham gigs I went to. The only thing that pees me off are the interview clips of them all saying how amazing it was to be back together, all having so much fun, etc. If they were loving being back together so much why the hell did they split up then?!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Recorded it and watching it now, re-living the Newcastle and Birmingham gigs I went to. The only thing that pees me off are the interview clips of them all saying how amazing it was to be back together, all having so much fun, etc. If they were loving being back together so much why the hell did they split up then?!!

Yeah I thought that and having seen interviews with some of them whilst they were on tour saying that they would never split up and it wasn't a farewell tour makes it more odd. I reckon, by announcing a split, they are avoiding the inevitable, "when are girls aloud getting back together" questions which allows them to get on with whatever they want to do individually for the next few years before reuniting in a few years. I could be wrong though and maybe i'm just being hopeful, but I just can't see them never performing together again, like you say they said how much fun they have together and how normal it is for them.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They work so much better as a group, never really liked any of the girl's solo stuff tbh. Who knows, maybe they'll reunite in a few years?
    Forum Member
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    Because its a crap song?

Every Now And Then was pretty good actually. That and On The Metro were classic Girls Aloud songs really. BCYLM is the worst thing they've ever done. How that song saw the light of day I will never know, but I'm surprised it did. It's just a pile of sentimental drippy crap :yawn:
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love GA :cry:
    Molly14 wrote: »
    On the metro was really good live, they should've released it!

Being a lazy fan, I hadn't heard this song before but this was one of their best performances. I think I'll buy that song later. I really liked it.
    They work so much better as a group, never really liked any of the girl's solo stuff

I agree. I know it's subjective but they each have their role to play in the group and it works imo. Few of them are strong enough to carry a full song by themselves and it's sad that they have split.

I was thinking during 'Something Kinda Ooh' (the intro was brilliant) how good they are as a group. They were so lucky with the material they were given.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Every Now And Then was pretty good actually. That and On The Metro were classic Girls Aloud songs really. BCYLM is the worst thing they've ever done. How that song saw the light of day I will never know, but I'm surprised it did. It's just a pile of sentimental drippy crap :yawn:

I agree every now and then is a great song shame will never get to see them perform it, bcylm is their headlines, utter rubbish

Anyone know if concert will be repeated I was out last night ?
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    AWFUL concert

Out of tune singing, half-hearted dance routines. Also felt like it was missing something MASSIVELY. You see the likes of Take That with The Circus and P!nk with her acrobatics. It was just them 'singing' in a few sparkly dresses. Watching it, you realise these are just 5 lucky girls who made it by fluke and will now hopefully disappear.
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I agree every now and then is a great song shame will never get to see them perform it, bcylm is their headlines, utter rubbish

Anyone know if concert will be repeated I was out last night ?

Yes it's on VIVA at 11am tomorrow (Monday).
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    AWFUL concert

Out of tune singing, half-hearted dance routines. Also felt like it was missing something MASSIVELY. You see the likes of Take That with The Circus and P!nk with her acrobatics. It was just them 'singing' in a few sparkly dresses. Watching it, you realise these are just 5 lucky girls who made it by fluke and will now hopefully disappear.

Awk bore off!
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Yes it's on VIVA at 11am tomorrow (Monday).

Great thank you
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    rebellion wrote: »
    Awk bore off!

Can't take the truth? AWK
  • sward669sward669 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will it be repeated?
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AWFUL concert

. You see the likes of Take That with The Circus and P!nk with her acrobatics. It was just them 'singing' in a few sparkly dresses. Watching it, you realise these are just 5 lucky girls who made it by fluke.

As much as I like GA, I can't help but feel there's a bit of truth in this. But Take That are in a league of their own when it comes to touring. All of their tours since the TT reunion have been absolutely amazing... and they sell a hell of a lot more tickets as a result.

I enjoyed watching the GA concert because of the songs. They've got a great back catalogue and I think a lot of people acknowledge they're not good singers.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    Because its a crap song?

How. Dare. You. :eek:

ENAT is amazing! It's such a relatable song! Sad, melancholy, real, but hopeful!
    "I gave you all my love, I took it back again,
    but the candle in my hea-art, it flickers now and then
    I knew it from the start; I knew it at the end; We said it'd never work, but I still think about you every now and then!
    "

Maybe it just means more to me because I was going through something similar the time I first heard it, but the reviews have been excellent too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AWFUL concert

Take That have one decent vocalist, and that's Barlow. Mark Owen must be one of the worst 'singers' that's ever graced the planet :o

Yes, they can put on a show, Howard and Jason were professional dancers before they joined the group for starters. Barlow still can't dance though.

GA are not the first girl band to 'get lucky' -- The Spice Girls?

By the way, looking at your comments on here about GA, I'm surprised you tuned in at all - you're hardly a fan are you? :confused:
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How gorgeous was Nadine looking in the interview parts. Much more better looking than Cheryl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    How gorgeous was Nadine looking in the interview parts. Much more better looking than Cheryl.

Let's not make this another Nadine V Cheryl thread :yawn:
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a bit of it only remembered near the end it was on. I saw it live a few weeks ago though. Glad it'll be repeated.
    Forum Member
    sward669 wrote: »
    Will it be repeated?

As I said earlier it'll be repeated on Monday at 11am.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said earlier it'll be repeated on Monday at 11am.

Thanks only just saw that now .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    It's repeated a few times this week on MTV Live aswell in the evenings.

I saw some of this today. I quite like GA, certainly much better as a fivesome than on their own. Made some really good songs over the years and they always seem to put on a great live show.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine and Nicola owned the concert. Sarah was so pitchy and tried to hard. Cheryl, well Cheryl is Cheryl and is a good performer dancing wise and Kimberley is mediocre.

Nadine looked like a Victoria's Secret Angel in The Show. Perfection.