Options

Unable to Print

Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just had to have the hard drive replaced on my laptop which caused a few problem when I got home mainly getting our two printers connected which is done now.The problem is I had some documents which are Word documents and I used office 2003 to create them but I now seem to have office 2010 and when I open the documents cannot find a way to print them.Cannot see a print icon and have tried right clicking the document but no option to print appears.Also Exel,Word and Powerpoint are office 2010 but Access is office 2003 and there is no outlook.I only have the software for office 2003.Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just noticed that when I go into my documents at the end of every word document it says Microsoft Word 9.Does that help although when I double click and open it it does open in Office 2010
  • Options
    100andthirty100andthirty Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Hi Paul

I assume your printer drivers are installed.

On Word/Office 2010 versions, access the print menu by clicking on the Windows "globe" icon on the TOP LEFT of the Word 2010 window.

There is also a small area on the top left next to the globe where you can add so-called quick access icons. there should be a drop down arrow somewhere near the globe. click on this and you can add a print preview or quick print (print with current print settings) icons.

I'm working from memory as I have Office 2016 now and that's different too!
  • Options
    marfjammarfjam Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Word 2010 no longer has the globe icon. That was Word 2007 only, when the ribbon interface first came out. You need the "File" tab, the left-most tab on the ribbon. Print is about half way down the list.

You might find installing this very useful. It's a little tool Microsoft created to help users migrating from Word 2003 and earlier. It gives you the old Word interface, and you can select any menu item to be shown where it's gone in the newer versions. I know I found it a great reliever of frustration!
  • Options
    100andthirty100andthirty Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    marfjam - thanks for correcting my defective advice